Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Lot of good games next weekend anyways. Saints/Falcons, Raiders/Chiefs, Seahawks/Jaguars, Rams/Eagles, Redskins/Chargers, Vikings/Panthers, Ravens/Steelers. loving stacked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

indigi posted:

son what are you even talking about, do you disagree with any of my points cause it looks like you have absolutely nothing to say

Don’t call me son...:j:

Idk goon dude - I’ve seen what I think has been touch, and to my eyes his mechanics have improved - I’ll give you the inconsistent deep ball - but I also freely admit that I don’t know what I’m looking at more than people paid to do this poo poo so I trust what people who watch film for a living tell me because I’m a loving amateur at this.

Also he ability to make Big Ben type plays is a loving skill as well. You’re chalking it up to luck when that kind of awareness and escapablitiy makes a QB a better football player than someone with the same throwing skill set that can’t do it.

It seems like you’re completely discounting that part because it doesn’t fit your narrative

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

windshipper posted:

Did you see him early on in his career? He's got the experience to see the field better now, Wentz has the ability to drop dimes when he's not running for his life, and he has the arm strength to do it too - which in and of itself is a massive bonus in his favor.

my main issue is that there's been no improvement in mechanics or downfield accuracy between last year and this year, which doesn't bode well for his future development. remember, in 2014 Bottles was getting all kinds of Big Ben comparisons but failed to actually make any of the necessary adjustments to his game

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Play posted:

Lot of good games next weekend anyways. Saints/Falcons, Raiders/Chiefs, Seahawks/Jaguars, Rams/Eagles, Redskins/Chargers, Vikings/Panthers, Ravens/Steelers. loving stacked

Dang, that is a pretty good slate. And I just remembered Seahawks/Jags got moved into the late afternoon slot...

...still probably going to get shithoused.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

indigi posted:

yeah and that sucks for them, but it doesn't mean I have to pretend I think Wentz is an All Pro

I took "seriously isn't very good" to mean worse then you wanted to imply then.

Not like the current crop of NFL quarterbacks is worth a poo poo, but Wentz is easy in the top half of the league.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

aBagorn posted:

Idk goon dude - I’ve seen what I think has been touch,

oh ok I didn't realize you were blind. sorry for ragging on you.

regularly sailing screens over receivers heads counts as "touch" now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

indigi posted:

oh ok I didn't realize you were blind. sorry for ragging on you.

regularly sailing screens over receivers heads counts as "touch" now

Wentz is a decent second year quarterback who has the potential to get much better but still has a lot to learn.

There, I just solved your guys' dumbass argument for you

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I should also say that I own a Wentz authentic jersey so like I WANT him to be good, I'm just not seeing it yet

Play
Apr 25, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Dang, that is a pretty good slate. And I just remembered Seahawks/Jags got moved into the late afternoon slot...

...still probably going to get shithoused.

Wait, why would you not get shithoused? That's kind of half the reason I even sit around all day sunday watch grown men run into each other

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Seriously is axeil okay??

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Play posted:

Wait, why would you not get shithoused? That's kind of half the reason I even sit around all day sunday watch grown men run into each other

Apparently I've been using that word wrong for a long time. I meant the Jags are probably going to beat up the Hawks.

I usually don't drink when watching games either because it's just me in front of my computer and that's how alcoholism starts.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

:suicide:

WE HAVEN'T SCORED 20 POINTS ON THE SEAHAWKS IN OVER TEN YEARS HOW IS THAT loving POSSIBLE WE ARE IN THE SAME CONFERENCE AND HAVE BOTH BEEN GOOD DURING THAT TIME HOW HWOHWOHWO HOWH OW

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

whypick1 posted:

Apparently I've been using that word wrong for a long time. I meant the Jags are probably going to beat up the Hawks.

I usually don't drink when watching games either because it's just me in front of my computer and that's how alcoholism starts.
weralr all friends friend

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

axeil posted:

WE HAVEN'T SCORED 20 POINTS ON THE SEAHAWKS IN OVER TEN YEARS HOW IS THAT loving POSSIBLE WE ARE IN THE SAME CONFERENCE AND HAVE BOTH BEEN GOOD DURING THAT TIME HOW HWOHWOHWO HOWH OW

seahawks binch

Play
Apr 25, 2006

whypick1 posted:

No no, that's a valid use of the word imho. Except for the fact that I have no idea who you mean by "we"

I really wish I could find a clip of Rudock getting absolutely canned right in the face and throwing directly to a Raven defender. That truly was a thing of beauty

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nULg1keO_5g&t=437s

Play fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 4, 2017

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

axeil posted:

We are your Rams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

indigi posted:

I should also say that I own a Wentz authentic jersey so like I WANT him to be good, I'm just not seeing it yet

As long as we can all agree that he has much more accuracy and touch than McNabb.

• Locked thread