Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Sweet, I think I'll be going with the Tolkien translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

chernobyl kinsman posted:

try this, which is Tolkien's edition of the middle english with glosses for just about every problematic word. just click on each line number and it will expand to give the definitions. it's a little effort intensive, but still better (and more faithful) than jumping back and forth between a facing page translation, imo

Awe. Some. Link goes in bookmarks.

I'm mainly reading the Tolkien translation but it's cool to look at the Middle English also -- don't have any experience with that at all, but I am Norwegian and did the usual brief coverage of Old Norse back in school, and there are more than a few similarities.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007

ovenboy posted:

Njal's Saga!

That’s a good and quite readable one.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Sorry, have only read it in modern Norwegian.

• Locked thread