Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Syncopated posted:

I'm glad they seem to have gone with the 'combine jurassic park with another genre' idea, in this case a volcano/disaster movie. What about the director, I think the Orphanage is pretty well regarded but what about his other stuff? I've seen nothing by him.

I really like 'The Impossible', if only for the tsunami scene which is one of the most effective scenes I've seen in years and shows that at least he can work with effects pretty seamlessly and can shoot big set pieces. I haven't seen 'A monster calls' but it looks interesting at least. I have no hope for this after the first one, but I'll wait for the trailers to see what kind of visuals it has, or if it's another hollow and empty digital hellscape the first one was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This teaser trailer shows him in a senate hearing or something which I guess will pretty much be all he does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JvrgSPFbDs

Note also that the teaser leans really really heavily on the "Hey check out how many practical effects we're using this time!" message

It's exactly the same kind of poo poo they did with the Force Awakens promos as well and then people have that mentality when they are watching it despite most of the visual end up being CG. Didn't they do this already with the previous Jurassic World with the raptors and then just "painted" over them with cgi and that was the end of that, and now looking at that T-Rex scene they show it's an animatronic but when Pratt goes all "this is awesome", it looks really fake, as in weightless digital model -fake. It's all the same to me, of course practical effects would be cool and all but I think it was the direction that made them so timeless in the first JP.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Just saw this and yeah it is kind of a poo poo show, but it also kind of beats you into submission with its total absurdness so you just give up even trying to hate it. It sets up something interesting, but other than that I found myself almost wondering out loud that how is this still part of the Jurassic Park franchise, especially when the third act becomes a slasher film. The script is some Asylum-level poo poo but the budget gives them opportunities to make it all "look cool" so you just end battling against yourself like, "sure it is stupid as gently caress, but it's somehow entertaining at the same time".
I don't know what to feel. Weird movie.

• Locked thread