Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Getting eaten by a T. Rex would own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

What did people like about Jurassic World? I suppose on a base level watching dinosaurs eat people will always be cool but I think prefer Carnosaur to Jurassic World.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

banned from Starbucks posted:

my favorite part of world was the outrage that a woman was killed by a dinosaur or something

#notmyjurassicmovie

It was just weirdly over the top and mean. I can't recall a more vicious death in any of the Jurassic Park movies and it's for an ancillary character. The villain of Jurassic World got it way easier than she did.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Isn't it more or less exactly what happened to Gennaro in the first movie?

I think that assistant(?) lady got it way worse than the lawyer in JP.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

3 A.M. Radio posted:

The worst death (up until lady assistant in Jurassic World) was Eddie Carr in Lost World. The t-rexes ripped him apart. He was a good dude, trying to save a bunch of dumb, ungrateful assholes.

Agreed. Those fuckers were even giving him poo poo when he asked if they needed anything.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Jurassic World is one of the worst big budget movies I've ever seen. J3 at least had some Joe Johnston weirdness to it. Jurassic World was %100 schlock with some added misogyny and Colin Treverow limp direction to boot.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Darko posted:

Even from the clips posted above, there's no way you can call Treverow's direction more limp than Johnston's. There is at least dynamic movement by the dino and objects they are interacting with in the big mercenary attack scene (with camera movement accentuating it) and some good effects work with the human CG interacting with objects when knocked around, as opposed to a puppet coming into a mostly static frame and attacking a still person, the person screaming, then moving the person out of frame.

Neither is good, but once is laughably horrible, and the other is just "ew." I mean, very few things look good after following Spielberg/Kaminski, but JP3 just looks like it comes from a TV show or something while JW tries but fails to ape what Spielberg did in TLW.

I actually feel more than comfortable labeling Jurassic World the far lesser film than J3 after watching those clips. There's a pronounced listlessness and overall lack of ambition in ever single frame of Jurassic World. It's film that has no tone, no theme and really nothing interesting going on at all. Also, every single character loving sucks. All of them. JW somehow managed to turn the charismatic Chris Prat into a loving hateful tosser.

What I'm saying is, Jurassic Park 3 doesn't win on it's own merits, it wins by default.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

After Magnificent Seven I'm kind of done excusing Chris Pratt on the basis of the script.

I didn't hate that movie :(

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Here is my ranking of the Jurassic Park movies in regards to quality:

Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park: The Lost World
Jurassic Park 3
Jurassic World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

This series has to have to worst track record. We got one amazing movie in 1993 and nothing but poo poo since.

• Locked thread