Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Jurassic World gets a lot of passes because it has some interesting ideas (Jurassic Park if it actually got up and running and then poo poo went wrong, genetically engineered super-dinosaurs) and executes them adequately, but doesn't otherwise elevate the material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Most I remember hearing about The Lost World is that the cast basically do everything wrong and make everything worse.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The kill counts don't really interest me much, but then again I was never a fan of horror movies. It seems like one of those things where nerds care about specifics and statistics completely divorced from actual context, though it can be used to bring up points about how something is depicted can be much more important than what is actually depicted.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

You misunderstand. My point is that they made a Jurassic Park movie where both the dinosaurs and the theme-park setting are narratively vestigial.

I think I see your point.

Does make me wonder, how could Jurassic World be done properly?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

peer posted:

JW wasn't great but I still got unreasonably excited in the theatre when I realised they were about to release the original T-Rex.

I liked the Mosasaur too even if it was comically oversized. Rest of the movie was pretty forgettable, apart from the guy who saved his drinks when the pterosaurs attack

That was Jimmy Buffet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The scary part about Dr Wu seems to be that he actually has the common sense to get the gently caress out of dodge when your murder mutant dinosaurs are on the rampage and take his notes with him. Which in Jurassic Universe might as well be a superpower.

• Locked thread