Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The idea that Ted Levine is in this as a Great White Hunter is making me want to see this piece of poo poo.

I like JA Bayona, too. The Orphanage and Penny Dreadful are both good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The Impossible was also good, despite itself.

I avoided that and AA,SB guy’s movie about a white family in turrible danger in exotic indochina for the same reasons, I’ll give it a shot. Did you see A Monster Calls?

DeimosRising fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 18, 2018

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The us military tried to weaponize bees and lsd they’re dumb

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

21 Muns posted:

I wish they'd lean into it instead and make some loving crazy Dinosaurs Attack-style implausible genetic creations that'd put xenomorphs to shame. Like, picture an Indomizilla Metalsaurus with a head bigger than the entire body of any dinosaur we've seen before, except it has three heads from different dinosaurs, and a dilophosaur-style neck frill, and one of its heads is melting buildings with a flood of acid, one of its heads breathes fire, and one of its heads is just constantly spewing forth a plague of little red horned compys (get it, they're like demonic imps) to do its bidding in eusocial fashion, and it also has a fourth smaller head on its tail that hypnotizes people, and there are various guns mounted on its sides, and the human villain is riding around on a swivel chair that's been drilled into its spine, but at some point he gets knocked off and falls to his death and explodes. Like... if you're going to do this "let's make the coolest fake dinosaur we can" schoolboy poo poo, then please go all in on it.

King ghidorah is in the new Godzilla

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Karloff posted:

I believe it got refurbished for Lost World (in which they also built another second one) but I'm not 100%. An animatronic Rex also appears for one shot in III, which I think was the refurbished second Rex from Lost World. After that though....?

Sold and lovingly preserved as a gently caress doll

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

zer0spunk posted:

My brain 100% checked out when buffalo bill goes into that cage and then closes the door behind him. Good god what was this movie even. We're going human dino clones now? That's where we're at?

e: the new series handwaving of why dinosaurs don't look anything like what modern day science portrays them as is some weak poo poo too...wouldn't you play into the fact that we now know dinosaurs were really an evolutionary step for birds as the basis for new dinosaurs in your updated modern age theme park? the thing writes itself!

No the angle they took was much better, they just let it peter out

Switching it up to bird dinos could look cool but it’s not character development. Acknowledging the “dinosaurs” as chimeric hybrids (of various animals, diagetically, and of robots, cgi, and pure fantasy) is a lot more interesting. The explicitly fake iDinosaurs are a great idea in that sense, but where they take that is gibberish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

galagazombie posted:

I don't really agree with this. Part of what made the original JP so magical was the fact it strove to portray the Dinosaurs like actual living animals as accurate as science knew them at the time instead of just monsters. The movies full of shots like the iconic brachiosaur reveal that show the audience these aren't some evil beasts from hell. Even the T-Rex is shown to not be dedicated to evil and instead just in search of a good meal, finding the Raptors tastier than humans in the finale. When you make it so they're just ahistorical frankensteins then theres no mystique or wonder. Retconning the lack of feathers to being a PR stunt undercuts the themes of the original and makes me wonder why I should even care about the dinos since now they're apparently just the theme park version of Goldblum in the Fly.

Who cares what worked in Jurassic Park, you can just watch Jurassic Park again. They’re presumably trying to make a different movie

• Locked thread