Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

All those dinosaurs drowning just made me sad. :(

This movie looks batshit crazy and I can't imagine what else is going to happen in it given that they show in the trailer how multiple threats against the characters are resolved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

B D Wong is confirmed to be in the movie, but he's also absent from the trailer.

I think this looks cool and I'll be there opening day because I'm a huge sucker for Jurassic Park, but the one thing about this movie's premise that has me scratching my head a little bit is that if this cataclysmic volcanic eruption was inevitable, did no one consider it as a possibility when the park was built in the first place? Like, let's say the disastrous events of 'Jurassic World' never took place, and there was just a happy dino theme park full of happy tourists. Would they have had enough warning to evacuate the still-operating park before a volcanic eruption devastated the place?
Like yeah I get that the volcano is a plot contrivance so this movie can have a ticking time bomb, but I'm genuinely ignorant re: real-world volcano predicting capabilities.

Also, Carnotaurus confirmed in the trailer!!! I've been waiting for those dudes since The Lost World book.

Both Isla Nublar and Isla Sorna used geothermal power. I would assume that they are going to say that the eruptions are due to abandoned work they were in the middle of when Jurassic World was evacuated.

I can't remember, did they ever mention Isla Sorna in Jurassic World? While they built a working park on one island is the other still sitting there as a nature preserve?

Mantis42 posted:

Ian Malcolm: Dinosaurs had their chance, and Mother Nature selected them for extinction!
Also Ian Malcolm: We need to save the dinos from this natural disaster!

The clip in the trailer sure didn't sound like Malcolm was advocating for the dinosaurs, he seemed to think they are a threat.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Watching those videos of the original Jurassic Park reminded me how much I love its aesthetic. It really feels like a tacky theme park, everything there seems like something out of the real world and the only time you have to suspend disbelief is in the fact they have dinosaurs there.

In Jurassic World the whole place felt like it belongs 10+ years in the future. The giant holograms, the gyrospheres, the overall CG shinyness of the place all seem unreal, and so the impact of the dinosaurs is less.

• Locked thread