Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Cnut the Great posted:

I just wanted to let everyone know I'm still irrationally mad at the lack of dino feathers and will presently be going on a hunger strike until the issue is resolved to my satisfaction.

:rip: Death by dinosaur movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Claire not going to jail is probably the most realistic thing in the movie. She probably got a job offer at the Trump Administration.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tumble posted:

No, I'm sure the Jurassic World company did an internal investigation and found that the company they contracted out the design and build of the dinosaur pens did an internal investigation and found that the concrete company they contracted out to used an inferior quality concrete and rebar

The entire movie is the internal company investigation. There are no dinosaurs in the entire run time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

I don't think an actual script was written but a treatment got leaked and it was literally Resident Evil 4 with a lone action hero kind of guy infiltrating/getting captured in a medieval castle that was cover for a dino/human hybrid lab some of which he befriends and helps escape.

drat that sounds cool.

With them saying the teaser trailer is all footage from the first 50 minutes I can't help but picture the rest of it is Owen, Claire, and all the dinosaurs taking a nap together in a boat.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Timby posted:

It ate the dog. :smith:

That family shouldn't have let their dog sleep outside. :argh:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm still processing this movie but I'm in shock that they actually made the gag from The Critic real.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

This goes all the way back to the first film, because it's the same island. I'm not a volcanologist but surely there has to be some sort of sign that a volcano is still active and can still erupt right? You'd think Hammond wouldn't build on a giant volcano with all of his money.

Did you see the same Jurassic Park I did? Everything in the movie suggests he would build on a giant volcano.

And he thus he did.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Interestingly enough both the Jurassic Park and Hannibal series have pretty much been scrubbed from the world of ebooks.

I just checked Amazon and they're selling Kindle editions of Jurassic Park and Silence of the Lambs.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The gasses produced by the lava would have killed anyone nearby. But that doesn't produce good visuals.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Plus it was stressed that the Indoraptor was a prototype. I figured that the control method would have been refined in future generations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I do remember that one of those wild Jurassic Park 4 rumors was that they'd use a bit of dog DNA.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Trevorrow has confirmed that the Indoraptor is the last hybrid we’ll be seeing in a JP movie.

But by the very nature of their creation, all the dinosaurs portrayed in the Jurassic Park movies are hybrids.

...don't tell me, they're going to travel back in time and extract genuine dinosaurs from their respective time eras!?!?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Colapops posted:

They obviously mean no more indominus/indoraptor style hybrids.

My style of humor has gone extinct. :mad:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wu might be the luckiest man in all of the Jurassic Park movies when it comes to survivability. Maybe if someone were to use his DNA they'd be able to create a dinosaur hybrid capable of immortality.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ending chat: Even if any unscrupulous companies don't clone more dinos with the DNA of the loose ones, compies and pterodactyls would be a real big problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I haven't read Jurassic Park since middle school. I remember Grant injecting poison into raptor eggs and rolling them over to the raptors who ate them and then died...?

• Locked thread