Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
Enjoying the LP so far. I'd considered buying this game a while back, but didn't. Right now I'm 50/50. The videos are positive, but the thread has me worried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

After that worm(?) boss, this squid boss seems much more generic. It seems this game doesn't have the same sense of progression that you'd find in other platformers: there world themes are sparse or non-existent, difficulty varies, the second boss seemed like a better introduction than the first.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

Good to see this LP again. That "technical difficulties" card was a nice touch.

That lying skull sign really bothered me. This game has had a lot of good design and some iffy design, but that sign was bad. You could argue that it is there to show the water being dangerous, but then you could argue that it should've been placed lower. Someone on the design team should've realized that the sign shouldn't have been there.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

But the player has been taught to avoid pits with those signs. If the designers meant for you to go down that pit with the bubble power and not without the bubble power, they could have changed the level geometry slightly. Instead of the pit dropping right into the bad water, they could have had an outcrop for the player to stand on, which was far enough away from the goodies to indicate to the player to bring the bubble.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

Part of being more fun to watch than to play, this game struck me as the type you play one level at a time. Maybe play a level or two, put it down for a couple days, and come back to it without having lost any momentum. Each level presented its own challenge, somewhat connected to other levels but still separate. Finishing a world didn't seem any more rewarding than finishing a level and being able to access more.

Either way, enjoyed the LP.

• Locked thread