Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I far prefer the approach where you do some pre-playing. It seems like secrets are only going to get tougher to crack as the game goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow, the preplay is really paying dividends.

It is interesting to see them keep coming with the new mechanics, though I hope it doesn't feel overstuffed by the end if they keep going.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose we should be thankful there aren't any crystals you can only pick up during boss fights.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hooray, owl boss! It was always a little weird, you know, seeing all these owls around and your end boss is a dragon. At least Bowser tosses a bunch of shell guys at you, you know?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This definitely feels like a final world to the game, so good job on everyone involved I guess?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that ricochet-switch gimmick, that was nice. If maybe a bit harrowing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't know how to feel about that drop at the end. Not having any collectables or anything probably does mean you can freefall through it as long as you don't eat a wrong-colored canonball, but that much of a level being skippable if you can tank a single hit almost seems like cheating. Or a speedrun trick.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Slightly ahead of time, but thanks for going through this. It's been really interesting to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Giant Pile of Gems is a better ending still than just a couple kids telling stories to each other, for all that one was nice.

• Locked thread