Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here, I really like the game but kind of petered out. The levels are a bit too long, and collecting hundreds of crystals each stage becomes kind of a drag. Still a good game, I'm glad you're LPing it.

The game was made by the same guys that made the latest Bubsy game, which looks like a crappier version of Giana Sisters. You can totally tell it's the same developers, it's kind of funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I don't regret buying it. Someday I might go back to it, who knows. I'd go as far as to say I'm glad I own it.

Also, Jamesman, I'm speaking just for myself here, but I would not think less of the LP if you finished stages without 100%ing them. It's a noble endeavor, but holy god I can only imagine what the later stages feel like when you get to the end and are short on gems.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I think doing a practice run of the stage beforehand really paid off for this one; the pace of the video was very good. Meanwhile, this game continues to impress with its interesting stage designs...some of those obstacles looked tough as hell. I like the sections where there are multiple dangers in a row and you need to keep a rhythm to make it through...areas like that really depend on the game having great control.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
That last boss fight was harrowing, at least they threw you a shield after a while. It looked pretty fun, too...I've decided to move this game up in my backlog thanks to this LP.

One complaint I do have for the game is the music...it's fantastic and I've started listening to it on my ipod. But there aren't enough songs. It got a little repetitive through the LP.

The bonus stages were neat. I liked the jingle bells added to the soundtrack in the christmas stage. And I guess you could say the halloween stage (and the christmas stage too) was a frankenstein of previously used obstacles!!! :haw:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Credit where credit's due, you nailed that final stage. I would've had a ton of deaths.

Thanks for the LP! This really is a special little game; I hope the series continues on at some point with these mechanics.

• Locked thread