Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

My body is ready to receive a brain slug from the queer overlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

On that note I really like Micah Elizabeth Scott.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm a white male cishet stemlord and I love you all

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

fart simpson posted:

he is also bi

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Imo dude and to a somewhat lesser extent guys are agendered words, and the people who say they are bad are probably being overly cautious.

I'm also somehwat annoyed by people calling other people they/them/their even though they explicitly know know their identified gender. To me it feels like you intentionally gloss over part of their identity. Of course it's totally cool to use they by default I think it works very well, but once you know someone well enough and know their gender then use the pronouns that go with that IMO.

One last thing I'm doing masters rn and there's a guy in class who goes by a different name than his registered name. He has two first names and prefers one over the other.

Every single class we had from this teacher he would call roll and use the wrong name. Every time he would say he would fix it. All the teacher had to do was edit an internal wiki page. He never did. This happen every time we had this class. It was just painful.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

muckswirler posted:

If you're comfortable calling people a hair on an elephant's butt then keep saying dude i guess.

thanks, dudelberry

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:eyepop:

ima read this later during my commute

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Paging quiggy

Quiggy is the yospos laser gal

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Coupe midwest

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Also I loving hate those kinds of people who not only have an issue with you holding hands but then don't have the balls to say something about it themselves, rather letting some poor restaurant manager deal with it. Bah! I'm mad now.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Tits are cool & good

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Get your fresh mams here!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i will happily play PUBG or Overwatch or any other video games (that i have) with anyone itt if they would like some friends :)

Lets start a steam group?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Poniard posted:

I have a stupid question: is "poof" derogatory and/or archaic? I have only ever heard this term used twice in my life.

iirc it's still used in the UK and Australia.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Men are actually good. This is because I am good, and I am a man.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ate all the Oreos posted:

they ask my obviously married old parents that though too, i think it's just a thing waiters do :shrug:

Yeah I don't think you should read too much into this specific thing. Even people in a relationship want to split the bill sometimes.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Waiters do assume things though like my dad would always order red wine and my stepmom would order beer and when they would come out to bring the drinks they would get it wrong 9 times out of 10 and switch them.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Btw I watched Paris is Burning a while ago and it's really good.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

beep beep

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

*revs circular saw*

You two would make a great magician and lovely assistant duo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

Post/username

lmao indeed

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ate all the Oreos posted:

friend is currently in bottom surgery right now, send all yr good vibes

:yosbutt:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I would like to have a cool robot body. Those synthetic sleeves from altered cabrón that can change appearance are p sw8

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Doesn't testosterone do that?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It really sucks having to live in fear like that, hope it gets better :glomp:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious gender fluids.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I can't even imagine living without a mind's eye, I use mine so much. You must think in a very abstract way.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

EXPERIENCE BIJ!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I get the idea that non-lgbtqia+ people itt are a bit too shy. As long as you're respectful and mindful of the issues and people's feelings when asking questions it should be okay right?

Like apologizing profusely beforehand and spoilering stuff tells me you're actually scared to ask these questions.

IMO it would be really bad if people were prevented to ask questions simply because they're scared to accidentally step on someone's toes right? Does that not stifle meaningful discussion and people learning about lgbtqia+ issues? People who are curious and could benefit from learning about these issues. How many people are lurking here, too scared to participate? Once again, as long as the discourse is respectful and not (intentionally) hurtful.

What does everyone think about this?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Do people use Rogaine on their beards and if so does it work?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I follow some of y'all on Twitter and I enjoy reading your tweets.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

:buddy:
:yosbutt:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Oh NOW I get it :doh: lmbo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

oh my god was that a pun this whole time, i thought a brazilian was a method of lipo/aug surgery or something

gdi stymie

It's also the case that's :thejoke:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Lain Iwakura posted:

Please avoid terms like MTF and FTM. Some trans persons may use it themselves but it isn't for cis people to use at all.

AFAB and AMAB are fine but not those two.

What do those abbreviations mean?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Contains hormones known to the state of California to cause emotional outbursts.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Are y'all comfortable with the LGBTQ+ or LGBTQAI acronyms? It's becoming a bit unwieldy imo and the plus one seems non inclusive like "we're LGBTQ and there's some other things as well"

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

is quiltbag ok? because quiltbag owns

Hah

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Arrl doesn't sound like the most queer friendly place, but that could have changed in recent years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Those antenna masts would be a great place for some flags.