Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
It's okay to say you got painfully new titties and are happy about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I tried and failed a bunch at every step but I got there in the end. Each failure wasn't really a failure. It was me getting a little bit closer each time.

A metaphor I've heard is that transition is like living in a cave your whole life and suddenly discovering the outside world. It's bright and colourful and full of life but it's also completely alien. You're not just going to abandon the saftey of the cave immediately. You're going to look at it from within the cave, and take very short excursions outside, but return to the cave to process what you saw in safety. And, maybe eventually, you start spending longer amounts of time outside the cave, but always making sure the entrance is in sight in case you get scared. And after a long time, you become familiar with living in the world and you don't need the cave anymore.

Those little creeping steps weren't failures. They were progress. Getting scared and retreating is just a part of the process.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
poo poo's scary. It's nothing to be ashamed of. First time out in public was at I had to force myself to go, but meeting other local trans people in public was a huge relief. Also, picking the right event was key. I still can't handle marches and parades. It's just not my kind of thing. Picnic in the park was what I went for.

e: also, my "what would other people think?" brain was calibrated to "self-loathing." Other people don't judge you as much as you judge yourself. It helped me to actually answer that question honestly. To imagine how I would react if it were someone else. Based on that and also on my lived experience, I found that what most other people would think is "Oh, okay."

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 8, 2022

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I wish someone told me that Rogaine actually worked 10 years ago, when I first started going bald and decided "rip well that's it, have to be a bald guy now." There's a lot of misinformation about hair loss out there.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Unfortunately, doctors don't let you keep organs. If you have a cool dentist, they let you keep your teeth but that's about it.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Speaking of, I don't like oysters. So when I get my orchi, would spaghetti and meatballs be a good replacement for the celebration dinner? Or is there something better?

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Improbable Lobster posted:

if i get an orchi can i get three or four silicone balls put in

Hello yes I'm here for the gender affirming krogan testicle surgery.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Radio! posted:

is this canon or is it from your fanfic??

Garrus tells you krogans have 4 balls when he describes busting a krogan testicle smuggling ring.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Gnossiennes posted:

if i ever get a phalloplasty, gently caress it, i got two arms you can get that flap from, double the fun imo

I think they can also do it with inner thighs. That makes 4 dicks (one for each ball).

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I googled it and a bunch of people have been very mad for years that the rust code of conduct basically says "don't be an rear end in a top hat" because that makes assholes feel unwelcome.

Dr. Stab fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 5, 2022

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

OldAlias posted:

same same. all the femmes I’m seeing are non-op, I don’t actually know all that many ppl who even want srs. kinda annoying that other stuff isn’t covered in Canada as part of our healthcare like lazer

If I could choose between vaginoplasty or FFS, FFS would win by a mile. It's just so much more important in my day to day life. But, since sex is when genitals, it's not covered in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
HRT Pros:
Get to be a girl

HRT Cons:
Have to acknowledge my own physical existence