Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
re: trans people in tech, you're a lot less likely to encounter some mouth breathing redneck in tech than in say, retail. If you do encounter a redneck and something bad happens employment wise you're a lot more likely to be able to do something about it as a sysadmin making a deece six figgies than a shelf stocker making low 5 figgies. my work experience has been entirely in retail and tech which colors this opinion but it def seems like a factor to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
queer is ok if you are using it in the right context

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Dec 7, 2017

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Shaman Linavi posted:

hi can anyone link me to some yospos approved binders tia

this or this, depending on how you feel about your gut

e. Oh poo poo I posted the wrong ones, I meant to post this and this I can't vouch for the other ones

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 9, 2017

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
If you get the 997 ( the long one) get smaller than you think you need, after you wash it a few times it loosens up a lot

A Pinball Wizard fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 9, 2017

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
and a dork is a whale penis!

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Glazier posted:

My crisis point came when I watched the Contra video hosted on Shauns channel and I had a total breakdown.

Mine was re-reading the left hand of darkness in college

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Shaman Linavi posted:

i bought one of those binders posted earlier and was going to post a trip report but i can't even get the thing on* so instead you get this lovely post
rip :20bux: i guess

*yes i followed the directions of pulling it up over my rear end which is apparently too mighty for it.

wash it, and dry it in the drier a few times. they loosen up. after you get it to where you can put it on, only wash it on cold and as infrequently as possible and always air dry.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Symbolic Butt posted:

holy poo poo how did I not know Brazilian Butt Augmentation was a thing

I smell a name change

PS I made cocadas this year and they are really good and everybody thinks I'm like secret top chef now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
to address another part of that anecdote, I've always been conflicted about what being trans means about stereotypes and stuff. like I liked computers ever since I was a little girl* and I was a girl when I went to college so I always felt some pride about representing women in tech and defying society's biases about what women are capable of. but then people tell me that I actually had a man brain all along so maybe I was never defying people's prejudices at all? and now I'm a dude at work at my computer job but sometimes I still catch myself thinking like "gently caress those neckbeards, I'm great at my job" then remembering no one really has those negative expectations of me anymore.

that all makes it sound really self centered and I'm not doing a good job of explaining it

*my experience was that I was a little girl that grew up to be a man, I personally, and with no judgement toward or implications about the preferences of others, don't mind thinking of pre-transition as "back when I was a girl."