Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hello friends with identifying letters, I’ve known for a long time that I was bi and finally accepted the label last year. Something clicked recently and now I’m embracing the label too, gently caress suppressing it because that’s led to a lifetime of depression.

It’s a hell of a thing to finally understand and accept when you’re already married with kids. I’m thankful that my wife is a great partner, an ally and supportive. When we were watching a new show a couple of days ago and a new character came on screen, I felt comfortable enough to go “he’s cute” and it just wasn’t a thing.

I don’t know what the future holds but I feel like I actually have one to look forward to for the first time in forever.

Not gonna come out to my mom though, she’s evangelical christian homophobic and part of why I suppressed myself for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
oh yeah, it’s not something I really plan to broadcast, just live my truth more with those I know, where appropriate. People at work? Nah, not happening even though we have a good environment for diversity and inclusion. I don’t care about being seen for who I am there, because what matters is the quality of work that I do, nothing more.

up until the last post there were only three people in the world besides my wife who knew (all women friends, hmmm). I’ve been hiding and compartmentalizing this for so long that there was even a moment of hesitation before pressing post. y’know what though? scary as it is, it’s incredibly freeing.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
had an interview today and specifically asked if they had a diversity, equity, and inclusion statement that they could send to me, because I couldn’t find one on their website. I think I’m gonna ask that in every interview now, because then that easily leads into company culture questions.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I’m on our HOA board and our president wants to do a rewrite of our bylaws, getting rid of a lot of unnecessary crap from the original construction period, adding a few minor things, etc.

The dude is a 24/7 Fox News watching boomer but I got him to accept my edits of his draft to change any he/she reference to they/them to be more inclusive. Not gonna have gendered poo poo on my watch if I can help it.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I’ve been checking every single day for the Microsoft 365 pronoun feature to hit our tenant and today’s the day. now to get HR to promote it on SharePoint, it’s diversity month for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Radia posted:

owned lmfao

definitely owned myself by getting straight married and then figuring out I was Bi.