Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

google shazier spearing

first link: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/0...-deshone-kizer/

choice quotes:

"Seeing this clip today does make me think Shazier has a little bit of a case. The part that still concerns me is the spear tackling form he took going in. Terrible form and you can see his neck and head kind of smash in on the hit. Just not a great way to play the game for his own safety, let alone the other guys."

"My sympathy lies with the intent, not the technique. IMO, he got fined because he launched. He's only going to injure himself if he keeps spearing with his helmet like that. I agree with his case that he attempted his tackle either before or simultaneously with the slide. But leaving the ground gives him no leeway. Stand your ground, and wrap up."

"This leading with the helmet is becoming a regular occurrence with Shazier. He is going to start getting a big old referee target on his back (like Harrison used to). Have friends in a. Umber of other NFL cities and from their perspective Shazier is developing a bad reputation as a dirty hitter, due to the # Helmet hits he's done. Needs to clean up his act, tackle properly (SEE what you're tackling! It keeps you from spearing). He's too talented for this and the team cannot afford the penalties."

Steelers defensive coaches should've cleaned that up, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread