Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can’t believe they’re calling Burfict a pro for not being a loving idiot. This time.

I thought it was pretty loving hilarious that he managed to draw a personal foul tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

They have a board. That's a spinal injury

All we can hope for is that it's temporary shock damage to the spine, not permanent

Play
Apr 25, 2006

gently caress I hate to see poo poo like this. Worst part of football by a long, long ways. Amazing that players get on the line every single play and play as ferociously as they do, knowing that serious injury is always just right around the corner.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Did anyone notice if Shazier actually did or did not move his legs because holy poo poo

The announcers said he never moved them. I believe it, I didn't see them move. His arm was trapped under his back at first and he managed to get it out and then roll over. That's all I saw.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ben really is good at short and mid-length small-window passes. His throws are super direct and he's so tall some of them seem to actually never go up, they just go downwards like a baseball

Also I'm chilling with my dog too and I love him more than anything. As always.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm not sure I even want to watch the rest of this game. That is so hosed up, gives me flashbacks to some of those horrible spinal injuries of yesteryear. Biggest difference is this time they stopped the game for all of five minutes

Play
Apr 25, 2006

OxySnake posted:

poo poo i missed it what happened with Shazier

He made a helmet-first hit on a tight end that didn't look all that strange but clearly jammed his spine or otherwise damaged his back.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think there have been two plays the Steelers snapped the ball like a half second after zero on the play clock pretty weird no calls

Yeah I saw that one on third down, incomplete anyways. But does seem weird unless the displayed play clock wasn't correct which happens sometimes.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Holy busted coverage, batman

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Epic Mount posted:

He led with the crown of the helmet which is a really bad idea.

Yeah I guess when you raise your head up the helmet will make contact on the top of the back side of your pads which prevents your actual spine from compressing. When your neck is fully extended and you hit with the crown you don't get that protection. Still, a hit like that whether accidental or purposeful can always, always happen

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

it's a class project

I'm contacting your professor as we speak, cybercriminal

Play
Apr 25, 2006

One of the great sack men in Bengals history lol

Reminds me of last night: "He absolutely EXPLODED into that hole"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I'm on Buffstreams second linke youttube 720 and it's working great. In fact I often watch four games at the same time through that streamer.

Also, I'm sure as gently caress not watching that Shazier clip. No loving way

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Did that man's foam hands say "WHO DEY"? What does that mean lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I can't hear about loving Mixon without having a flashback of him breaking some poor girl's face in

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ulmont posted:

More than you wanted to know probably. Related to the Saints Who Dat chant.

https://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/12/14/who-dey-vs-who-dat/

Yeah quite a bit more than I need to know, but I did get a good laugh out of "Who dey think gonna beat the Bengals?"

The answer, obviously, is the majority of teams in the NFL

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life

Agreed, absolute gold. Thank you for sharing that. I actually thought it was an edit until the guy said "wrong video by the way" lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

That's a helmet-to-helmet

Doesn't look look like it

The Unnamed One posted:

This might be an evil sport

I'm starting to think the same thing :( I don't have a lot invested in football, just like watching it but there are some moral issues there that are really really murky and it's pretty obvious that the league and the owners don't really have any interest in addressing them unless it starts to affect the bottom line. I'm reminded of their stubborn refusal to even acknowledge the problem of permanent brain damage until they were basically forced to. Kind of like how cigarette companies work

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Giovanni Bernard is killing it. Probably the lack of Shazier, that guy kills it on tackling and run defense

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Giovanni Bernard is killing it. Guess that's what happens with Shazier out of the game. Can't believe the Bengals are still moving the ball with all those failed deep throws

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Some really late draws or designed qb runs would probably work well for the Bengals

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Oh my god that blitz was such a bad idea

Play
Apr 25, 2006

lol at Ben wrapped in his towel making his huffing farts face

lol

Play
Apr 25, 2006

To clarify the Steelers could be losing because Shazier is extremely good and his backup looks pretty lovely but I don't think they are too busy crying to remember the plays or something that is all I am saying

I think they remember the plays but they're missing their best player and a guy they like a lot to what might be career-ending or even normal life-ending injury. Not a big leap to think they might not be totally there mentally, mostly on defense.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

What exactly does life alert offer that literally any cell phone can't. Even an unlocked phone without service can make a 911 call for god's sake

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Chinatown posted:

old people are confounded by cellphones

Imagine being an elderly person, you just fell down and broke your hip, you bring out your brick of a mobile life alert box and then with a sinking feeling realize that you forgot to pay the bill that month

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yay for the rain. Let's see some excellent clownball boys

Play
Apr 25, 2006

hahahaha

Play
Apr 25, 2006

He just lifts up his right arm like "proceed sir, please. after you"

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I mean, shoving a player out of bounds? That's just rude. This is a sport of gentlemen

Play
Apr 25, 2006

NOOOO no flag god dammit that was actually a cool play

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

Looks like a good call to me. It wasnt the most egregious holding, but it was just enough that it let Dalton get the pass off. It affected the play.

You're just wrong. There needs to be more than that. That kind of thing literally happens every play

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

Not in that instance. In most cases I would agree, but that light hold directly led to Dalton's getting the pass off. Without that hold its a sack. The ref was absolutely right to throw the flag.

I don't think that's actually a given, he would've made a hit on Dalton but likely the throw would've been gotten off. It's hard to say for sure and I can see why they called it but even in slow motion it was barely anything which means at full speed it was even less. For the most part I just don't like seeing rad plays get called back it's annoying

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Haha I like listening to the announcers take a giant poo poo on the refs

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I remember that time a cinder block just game out of nowhere and hit me like a linebacker

Eifert Posting posted:

And tied with the Titans

That's even funnier. I really like the Titans but they are not a very good football team

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Look Around You posted:

jojo-juju-shuster

Hingle McCringleberry

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

Hell of a tackle

Clothesline tackles are always really fun

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Rex-Goliath posted:

air pods will get you laid

Everything gets you laid don't you watch commercials?

e: everything that costs money, that is

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Let's eat a pile of poo poo and lose the game

This sounds like a lot more fun so you've got my vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006