Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Ciaphas posted:

FWIW I was convinced enough after being gifted the base game to buy in to the Forsaken + other DLC, and I can verify that CoO is pretty bad

BUT

Warmind was pretty good, and the Gambit PvEvP mode was amazingly fun for the one day I was able to play it, and the basic-rear end core game of D2 still feels good, so

here's hoping?

Weird, I finished the base game today and started Osiris and I'm enjoying it. The multiverse stuff is kinda neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
COOL CORN lol

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

COOL CORN posted:

Weird, I finished the base game today and started Osiris and I'm enjoying it. The multiverse stuff is kinda neat.

Osiris starts real strong. Then you realize Mercury and the Infinite Forest are all there is and oh god its four months till the next dlc comes out why am i wasting my time on this game

New players will never get that beautiful experience.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Forsaken (and maybe D2 with it?) kinda live or die on how much there is to it beyond Gambit being pretty great, I suppose

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

1stGear posted:

Osiris starts real strong. Then you realize Mercury and the Infinite Forest are all there is and oh god its four months till the next dlc comes out why am i wasting my time on this game

New players will never get that beautiful experience.

Ah. Yeah that makes sense.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, there is always the PvP, and we have literally no idea how the Dreaming City is gonna work

i thought i also saw that strike loot is coming back?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

that said if i am going to keep playing this i have to find a way past the painfully crushing guilt of letting all my pvp teams completely down

I can't believe there's no skill-based matchmaking of any sort, that's nearly a dealbreaker all on its own in a supposed pvp game

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ciaphas posted:

that said if i am going to keep playing this i have to find a way past the painfully crushing guilt of letting all my pvp teams completely down

I can't believe there's no skill-based matchmaking of any sort, that's nearly a dealbreaker all on its own in a supposed pvp game

Get better.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Well guys, if once I had more money then sense now I have no money and even less sense co's I just found some space in my budget to get this expansion.

I'm looking forward to playing again with the awesome euro goons.

Is clan chat in the game already? That would be great.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pigbottom posted:

Well guys, if once I had more money then sense now I have no money and even less sense co's I just found some space in my budget to get this expansion.

I'm looking forward to playing again with the awesome euro goons.

Is clan chat in the game already? That would be great.

Sure is!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

How bad are we talking here? The average player has around a 1 k/d. SBMM isn't going to make you a better player just because you play with other people who are as bad you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: :ducksiren: :ducksiren: THE NEW THREAD IS LIVE! It's time to post there and for pizza's sake, NO SPOILERS! :ducksiren: :ducksiren: :ducksiren:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867791&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post487627159

Close this thing up. It's a wrap. It's time for every single one of you to return to the game and create an onslaught of log-in potential. See you all tomorrow.

• Locked thread