Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

In case anyone cares, looks like you break the new softcap around 310 light (you start getting 302 blues) pretty consistent with the old system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah my chief complaint is that the entire expansion was about Ilona and Osiris and we don’t know anything about either of them.

Why would you exile the most powerful guardian?

How was this all so long ago that a cult (of one man!?!) sprang up around him and wrote books about it?

This is D1 grimoire stuff but:

When he became vanguard commander (years ago after the battle of six fronts) he became obsessed with the vex, diverting guardians to study them to the point of harming the city (losing Kabr's fireteam to the vault for example).

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Crimson ( the new Exotic HC) seems really good:

Feels nice, the 3 shot burst is tight, heals on kills and generates ammo to reload on precision kill so deals with HC's ammo issues

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

For the prophecies you get 1 then the first set of 3, then 1 a week right?

Orv posted:

That's what I had heard so I took it as well, it's not reliably one-shotting people in PvP. In fact, when it does one shot people I'm both surprised and confused because it's not at all consistent. Womp womp.

Most other supers give you DR so it won't 1 shot a hammer titan etc

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

municipal shrimp posted:

The story missions made no sense at all but I've never paid attention to those anyway. These gun quests are a real loving slog though. 200-ish precision kills each with this handgun for both cabal and hive? And it has to be on Mars too? Ugh. Also did anyone where to activate the node for the other Mars gun quest?

The node mentions the region and the one notable thing to look for

IT's the area you went into the second vault, the big arch

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

What's the loot progression for warmind, I'm 345 and unclear on what to do to raise it

Heroic strikes is recommending 350 but is only giving 335-340 gear which is a bit baffling

Tease out powerful engram upgrades, I did Clan -> Crucible -> Flashpoint -> Heroic -> Nightfall

Now gonna do -> Raid -> Prestige Raid -> Raid layer

Drop heroic and do it later honestly, optimal path would probably be:

Softcap -> Clan -> Crucible/Flashpoint/Nightfall -> Raid -> PResitege -> Lair -> Heroics

you wanna split up regular raid and prestiege, so the drops can be in your inventory to increase the prestige drops

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 10, 2018

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SpookyLizard posted:

He killed the Iron Lords with Siva for poking around in his bunkers in the plague lands looking for the stuff. Rasputin is the reason that only Saladin and Efrideet are still kicking. He can kill guardians without trying.

He used "Regular" weapons, to try and stop them getting to Siva

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

AAB posted:

wait until you finish the mars stuff and your weekly milestones. apparently some of the CoO missions are hardcoded to give you powerful reward engrams on first completion

Most mission rewards seem to be, ana bray's guns are "Powerful"

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

sure okay posted:

Lunafaction, Origin Story, Coldheart, Ikelos Sniper

You're welcome.

FTFY

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Phraggah posted:

Help I am stuck at plevel 262! All my dang blues keep rolling at 260. What do? Endless heroic events? Strikes??

If you wanna min max, get to 365 via heroic strikes + mods

and/or just do milestones

Edit: actually wait do you mean 360? or 260, if 260 continue levelling through the campaign youll hit a new softcap of 340

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 30, 2018

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Phraggah posted:

When do peeps normally do heroix?

I'm told to save milestones for 270 and the grind to 300...right? Been following the progression guide in the op.

I do not mean 360. I have no expansions. I'm long finished with all vanilla campaigns.

Then yeah, heroics till 265 or 270, or you can just get the DLC's and shoot up to 340-360

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

You can equip weapons in multiple slots

Random rolls

FIRE KNIVES for gunslinger

Stormcaller can Kamehameha

BOW AND ARROW

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

With the way Items are framed, I think items will now go in any slot but the slots are controlled by the kind of brick you use to fill it.

It might be that putting a shotgun in the kinetic will make kinetic bricks rarer.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

So are they tweaking the stats for third slot weapons being used in the second slot?

I think it's either stat tweaking or, what you have in the slot will define how rare the ammo is as ammo is individual per player anyway

i.e. I have energy HC, green bricks rain from the sky

I have energy sniper, gotta punch those orange bars

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm sure the balancing will be harder for Bungie, but gently caress balance, you know what I mean? The over-focus on balance is what made Destiny 2 so boring.

It's also amusingly why rockets were so good, everything was balanced to do similar damage so why go through the effort of sniping

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Yeah, I really think the Taken king is just going to be a bad expansion.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tei posted:

Theres nothing wrong with Destiny architecture. The most important thing is that it works. You can seamslessly move around areas and meet people.

Well see how Atheist (or whatever is called the destiny clone) do this and if theres a better answer to this.

As they say above, I think they mean the architecture for the developers more than players

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

"Not fully disclosed, but in the Gambit build, "Primary weapons" like hand cannons and scouts use white ammo, and "special weapons" like shotguns used green. If you try to run a kinetic and energy shotgun, they will both share this green ammo and you may starve yourself of ammo very quickly."

Yep pretty much what I expected

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

I will not get a chance to play again til Sunday evening, but should I just be doing all the story missions and get to the end of the campaign? I like doing these little adventures that crop up and they often lead me past public events.

Do the adventures stay until I choose to complete them or would advancing the story remove them from my map?

I am playing as a hunter and my most favourite thing to do is jump into the fray, do a few shots on enemy heads and then use my melee over and over :D Sure it is dangerous and silly but goodness does it feel fun!

Adventures overall with overlevel you, the level "Barriers" you hit will be 7, 11, 15 IIRC so just do what catches your fancy, don't feel you have to do other things

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Thank you for the advice, but I am not there yet in knowing what all this means. Are these classes and weapons? Do weapons and outfits drop more the higher level I get? Mostly I am getting glimmer and EDZ tokens for things which is nice but Hawthorne has nothing to sell me I do not already have (and I cannot find any other people wanting to sell things for glimmer).

The loot stuff mostly open up one you reach level 20, so don't fret about things till then.

During the story youll get a few options of items, pick whatever seems neat

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Important to note that apart from in one/two of the max level zones, doing all the adventures is never necessary to unlock anything.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RocketRaygun posted:

You have to do all of the mars ones to unlock the heroic versions so you can do the Polaris Lance quest. I think that's the only set of adventures you _have_ to do.

Why I said one to two for Mars and maybe Mercury

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

From the Gameinformer questions video

"Did you realise the Initials of this Expansion are D2F"

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we-wsax7sps

Solstice of heroes trailer

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

Sadly not. It's very dumb that they ask for 30 super kills and only 10 normal kills and I am convinced that is bungo messing up and it should have been the other way around.

Apparently it's gonna be mayhem next week, which will help with that dumb objective I guess. Another important info is that you only need to wear the piece that has that objective for it to progress.

Yeah that was the weird thing, just feels kinda eh rolling through matches waiting for that arcstrider moment

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Only one that seems actually annoying is 30 challenges, just because it's hard to grind that out

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I'd presume the destination mats are for guns from that destination i.e. the ones you'll be dumping cause they are Y1 eventually

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Exotics are now dropping with random rolls so.

Enjoy that.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Also they made Orpheus rig do something with Moebius quiver, but just to clarify:

You on;y gain the bonus energy from tethers now with top tree Nightstaker (it used to be explosions/damage share did too) but upped the ammount, it's still pretty ok to get full resets (arguably easier with the stacking type you used on Argos)

Now for Moebius quiver it just gives you flat out 2-3 extra shots.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

ponzicar posted:

What sort of random rolls are we talking? Am I going to have to hold on to five different copies of a single gun and throw the stats into a spreadsheet to figure out which is the best?

Guns appear to roll with some random perks, depending on the gun (so if you really care about min max for PVP probably yes), I think some guns (like redrix) roll with a fixed core perk/perks and roll with some randoms

in the case of Exotic armor, the warlock gloves I saw were exotic perk(s) then random reload perk, random ammo Storage perk

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Sultan Tarquin posted:

You can only delete 5 shaders at a time but if you have 9 of a shader it will delete the whole stack :iiam:

Nope, it only shows stacks of >5 in that window.

you have to delete the last 4 or less normally

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

For PvE yes, for PvP no. The tall barricade makes for good cover and enemies take a ton of damage if they walk through.

It's really good in spire of stars, just use it to protect yourself on a plate

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah but in general you're better off using rallycade in PvE.

I'm gonna disagree mostly, like, unless you are going for mad DPS, the guarenteed COver zone can be super useful.

And if you are going for mad boss DPS it's likely a raid and you got lunafaction rift

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Tony Gunk posted:

Did Xur spawn yet?

Yeah On console he's in the EDZ, usual spot just not marked.

I can't remember if Console and PC have the same Xur's and i'm too lazy to logon to check, was just checking the other thread

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Even if it's just checking reddit there is something (small) to be said of finding out where he is instead of it just being big icon on the map.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I don't know how to feel about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Siljmonster posted:

*shooting invader from other side of map with a sleeper simulant* I play this game for the lore

Yeah kinda, like the folk story stuff like the book of sorrows or Shax teaching kids how to play dodgeball are honestly good trashy pulpy fun.

Orv posted:

I just did it the day the patch came out, they did.

Which one of the two, I had someone in an EOW raid complaining they didn't count

• Locked thread