Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
JP Twitter just posted details of the upcoming patch and it's huge. If I understand correctly this is all gonna be available to everyone and not tied to DLC:

NG+ stuff--
New blades (story spoilers): Patrohka, Mikhail, Akhos.

You can unequip story blades from the beginning and send them on merc missions.

Expanded driver affinity charts with stronger bonuses

You can cash in bonus XP for special items, like one that increases your number of accessory slots. Also you can level down at Inns now if you want instead of just increasing your level. Also when you start NG+ all your blades, your levels, dev levels, merc levels, items, etc carries over. Basically everything.

Then for everyone they're adding the ability to skip core crystal opening animations, an easy mode, better minimap (custom icons or something?) and now accessories and aux chips stack in your inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Monolith FTW

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

cool

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

I dont know if ill do ng+ but I enjoyed every bit of my 120+ hour adventure in the world of Drivers and Blades.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
this games gonna be epic when i replay it in 12000 years

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Kinda glad I waited to start this, it's gonna be epic.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
that's a good patch

might start up ng+ just to dick around while watching tv. wish the cutscene skip had been in the base version

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

started playing this and im on chapter 3. got vandham, just learned about driver combos. it didnt grab me immediately like the first one did, but im really enjoying the game a lot, theres a ton of super cool stuff in there. like, the whole game's charming jank and systems layered on systems layered on more systems and that's making me drool, and i'm curious to see where the story goes. god bless monolith

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fungah! posted:

started playing this and im on chapter 3. got vandham, just learned about driver combos. it didnt grab me immediately like the first one did, but im really enjoying the game a lot, theres a ton of super cool stuff in there. like, the whole game's charming jank and systems layered on systems layered on more systems and that's making me drool, and i'm curious to see where the story goes. god bless monolith

you get tutorials on new mechanics up to the final chapter i think. it owns

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
the patch is delayed till March 2.

i'd planned to resonate all my cores after the patch so now i have 73 gacha cutscenes to sit through, nice.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

Lmao in chapter 7 "Nia..... I love you too. I love you too, and ALL you guys!!!" ...... Rex omg

Going back through this thread now that I've beaten it and yea, this is absolutely the best moment in the game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I thought I would get back into this over my vacation but I just ended up playing the Zelda DLC

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

THE AWESOME GHOST, to Xenoblade 2: "I love you!"
*turns to the rest of his Switch games* "And I love all you guys!"

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I forgot I had a couple unredeemed eshop cards so I got this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I forgot I had a couple unredeemed eshop cards so I got this.

Its an excellent game

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i decided to 100% the game in preparation for ng+ and the story dlc. i never want to make another dumpling or do another ursula merc mission in my life

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Ursula's ultimate concert was kind of a letdown.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Frenz posted:

Ursula's ultimate concert was kind of a letdown.

yeah lol. 5000 fans but only a dozen people show up in mor ardain

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvSBH_gqdUU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump, this game fuckin rules. just got past morytha and the last like five hours of story have been completely bananas. the cutscene where rex becomes master driver was batshit insane, then we find out it was earth all along and we're fighting mutated human zombies and blades are actually pre-titans. i loving love it all. going to go on a long tear of sidequests and blade affinity tasks to finish beefing up for the endgame, then i'll just go on a tear through the rest

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also i love that i'm 80 hours in and still getting tutorials. god bless monolith

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I wasn't that into this game at first and I barely played it even though I got it months ago. Once I got to chapter 3 or so I got hooked, though. It just takes a while to get going. One of my favorite things about this game is that exploring is rewarding, there's almost always a treasure chest tucked away in out of the way places.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I liked that the world is massive and most of the side quests don't make you actually go to very many places so it's cool to just wander around and see what's out there.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

last thing i did before i got to work this morning was find the raqhura aquagardens in uraya, which is just this insanely cool secret pocket garden. there's nothing story-wise or quest-wise in there afaik and the only thing you get other than a couple of chests is a single affinity for ursula. in other words someone spent a ton of time modeling this really cool garden that maybe like 15-20% of the playerbase will ever see just because they thought it'd look cool. i loving love this game

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

whoa i never found that, now i want to go play this again...

it owns that this game somehow sold a million copies and monolith are gonna get more resources now to keep making their weird poo poo

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
A bunch of sidequests do sort of direct you to most secret area, or nooks that you might've ignored. I got my last nopon doubloon when I was directed to throw myself off a cliff.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tales of Woe posted:

whoa i never found that, now i want to go play this again...

it owns that this game somehow sold a million copies and monolith are gonna get more resources now to keep making their weird poo poo

every switch game sells a million copies becasue it has no games :twisted:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Fungah! posted:

last thing i did before i got to work this morning was find the raqhura aquagardens in uraya, which is just this insanely cool secret pocket garden. there's nothing story-wise or quest-wise in there afaik and the only thing you get other than a couple of chests is a single affinity for ursula. in other words someone spent a ton of time modeling this really cool garden that maybe like 15-20% of the playerbase will ever see just because they thought it'd look cool. i loving love this game

there's at least one quest there but yeah all the secret areas make you feel great about discovering them and are primo screenshot spots

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

:staredog: "Indol is now a hostile nation"

the dungeon im in is insane and seems to be absolutely enormous, this game kicks rear end

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

everything from chapter 8 on is epic as hell, i miss this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Someone managed to datamine out a bunch of the upcoming DLC for this and it sounds loving awesome. Kind of glad it's taken so long to come out because otherwise I'd still be a little burnt out on the game lol. Major spoilers tho:

its a story prequel set during the Aegis War and it doesn't have the driver/blade mechanic at all, instead you control Mythra and other characters directly with some new unique art system . Also Shulk and Fiora are unlockable as blades in the main game and there's a bunch of new postgame stuff with enemies going up to lvl 150

• Locked thread