Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r460h4n9oI0

tim rogers win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i started playing last night and usually i write off people who complain about dubs as dorks but im actually genuinely considering switching to japanese cause the voices are so bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im happy that he's making money making stuff finally even if I have to go to kotaku to see his work

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

this rules. translating september to Amathatober lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

White Genocide posted:

this rules. translating september to Amathatober lmao

i noticed the same thing and also the implied prostitution that right i can speak this stupid language

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

nia reads better and sounds better in english :c00l:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Foxhound posted:

protip: if you find a blade with the expeditionist trait you hang onto that sucker like it's a PSX third party memory card that doesn't randomly wipe itself
RIP Mad Catz with my FF8 file on it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

for the first couple of years i had my ps1 i had a memory card that had two storage banks you could switch between because why buy two official memory cards when i can just get one of these

turns out the reason why is because you don't lose every single save youve ever made with two official memory cards

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

for the first couple of years i had my ps1 i had a memory card that had two storage banks you could switch between because why buy two official memory cards when i can just get one of these

turns out the reason why is because you don't lose every single save youve ever made with two official memory cards

I had one of those too but miraculously it never failed and kept all my RPG saves safe

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i noticed the same thing and also the implied prostitution that right i can speak this stupid language

lol i mean he points it out in the video.. my bad. lyle ftw ftw

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

RIP Mad Catz with my FF8 file on it

Theres no greater despair than realizing your memory card gave out and you have to beat that playthrough of parasite eve in one go, and then a power outage hits near the end of the game

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Foxhound posted:

protip: if you find a blade with the expeditionist trait you hang onto that sucker like it's a PSX third party memory card that doesn't randomly wipe itself

lol

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I really like the lovely British sub, I think it's loving charming

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
:mrgw:

:greenangel:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ah man, IT was just raving aboutt his earlier. lmfao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this is awesome

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
still loling at "amathober"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

ah man, IT was just raving aboutt his earlier. lmfao

its good

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

just killed a giant platypus that was farting on me

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm about twenty minutes into this game and I already have immense respect for the fact that everyone isn't actually flying through the sky, it's just an ocean but they decided to make the ocean covered in clouds

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

clouds are basically sky puff balls full of water. makes you think

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

that's a good point. I lol'd a little when I accidentally fell off the dock in the first town but then Rex was just swimming in the clouds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it was shocking when I realized you could just swim in it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i got poppi last night and her level up mechanic is insane and i love it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

poppi

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
The theme for the chapter 3 boss having the same intro hook as a mazinger theme makes that cutscene incredibly good

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I got to the first big field (near the start of chapter one) and it kind of looks like rear end, the background is good but everything on the ground is like really bad texture/resolution until you get close. Kinda bummed. Enjoying the game otherwise though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's a lot worse in handheld than on tv

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I was expecting bad handheld but the way everything looks lovely on that field even docked has me in a deep sadness. I don't remember XCX looking bad although I guess there was less going on? The smaller areas looked really nice though. I guess sacrifices had to be made.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Yeah most organic environment don't look amazing unfortunately. Look up though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the grass looks kind of janky but the switch is two android phones taped together [double the power of the wii u!] so its fine

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is there a difference in the display quality between having it docked and playing while its powered / charging?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

hubris.height posted:

is there a difference in the display quality between having it docked and playing while its powered / charging?

you mean while it's plugged in in handheld mode? yeah, that's not the same as docked. I imagine that's because even when you're charging it's still got to power the screen and stuff

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

It also gets pretty warm when in the dock

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fozzy fosbourne posted:

It also gets pretty warm when in the dock

every switch game gets warm in the dokc

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

at least it doesn't sound like an industrial vacuum like the ps4 tho i guess

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

at least it doesn't sound like an industrial vacuum like the ps4 tho i guess

It's trying to suck in other consoles' games since it has none

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's trying to suck in other consoles' games since it has none

its actually cleaning up the competition thanks to hits like infamous 4 and horizon: zero dawn

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

its actually cleaning up the competition thanks to hits like infamous 4 and horizon: zero dawn

Horizon: Zero Games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lmfao

• Locked thread