Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Another month. Pandemic has brought business to a screeching halt, but it'll pick back up again. Of course, I invested in a bunch of long-lead titanium parts right before this happened. Thankfully I keep reserves for poo poo like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
This is decidedly un-AI but are you applying for any of the small business loans out there? Might not be a bad idea to help offset the parts and to keep your cash reserves flush.

Hope you’re doing good, bud. This pandemic is awful but there’s light at the end of the tunnel (I hope).

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

This is decidedly un-AI but are you applying for any of the small business loans out there? Might not be a bad idea to help offset the parts and to keep your cash reserves flush.

Hope you’re doing good, bud. This pandemic is awful but there’s light at the end of the tunnel (I hope).

All's fair here on AI.

I'll certainly be paying myself the 10 days of sick time once the IRS figures that out, but I have enough cash to keep things going for ~12 months, and two orders in process that'll cover the parts deliveries. I'm just bitching because I hemmed and hawed over this bulk order for over a month, and pulled the trigger in mid-February. I had two big orders which looked promising and needed shorter lead times than normal, so I went ahead and bought 5 to push the pricing down considerably. I'm now really glad I only bought 2 of one part that's $4000/piece, instead of more.

I'll be fine, and I'm not fond of loans. The PPP doesn't really apply, I'm the only employee. If I had people working for me, you bet I'd be applying for it. The truth is that my business hasn't really been affected very badly, things just slowed down. Science grants are still being spent, and commercial companies are postponing their work or slowing down the pace, but they still need the equipment I build. The biggest issue is that the University that my current build is for happens to be closed so I can't ship it to them or get paid. Of course, I'm not done because I'm not motivated to finish it and I'm spending my time printing face shield visors for our local hospital system and sitting on my rear end.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

sharkytm posted:

Of course, I'm not done because I'm not motivated to finish it and I'm spending my time printing face shield visors for our local hospital system and sitting on my rear end.

That’s pretty awesome of you to help out the hospitals like that. I’m looking for pictures of your 3D printer in the shop (but not finding them), but I’m guessing you have a pretty large setup for prototyping parts and such. What are you running, if you don’t mind me asking?

Also no troubles about sitting on your rear end, pretty much everyone is in the same boat. :shrug:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

How's the outlook on time to work on the Jetta? I'm getting close to digging into my AHU and doing naughty things to it if you needed some inspiration though it sounds like time is the one you really need

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

shy boy from chess club posted:

How's the outlook on time to work on the Jetta? I'm getting close to digging into my AHU and doing naughty things to it if you needed some inspiration though it sounds like time is the one you really need
It's motivation more than anything. I've actually got the time and money. I don't like working on cars alone, as I've come to realize. I dunno. I'm preserving the car at the least.

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

That’s pretty awesome of you to help out the hospitals like that. I’m looking for pictures of your 3D printer in the shop (but not finding them), but I’m guessing you have a pretty large setup for prototyping parts and such. What are you running, if you don’t mind me asking?

Also no troubles about sitting on your rear end, pretty much everyone is in the same boat. :shrug:
I've got 2 printers, nothing particularly fancy.
1: Monoprice Maker Ultimate, bought in early 2017. It's fully enclosed, and I print a lot of ABS on it. Quite a few functional parts living on the bottom of the ocean with PCB holders, brackets, and cable clips printed on this thing. It's been a workhorse, and I have no complaints about it. I've probably run 40kg of filament through it. It's been pretty heavily modified: Bondtech extruder, MicroSwiss hotend, glass+PEI sheet on the bed, the enclosure, about 4 different fan shrouds, Octopi (thanks foosel) with a camera, etc. I regularly let it run unattended for 24+ hours.
2. Prusa i3 MK3, bought in early 2019. Totally stock, and prints PLA and PETG better than the Monoprice. It's a great machine as well, and no complaints. I've got the MK3S upgrade on order along with a bunch of new buildplate sheets. Mine is getting pretty worn with all the PETG and TPU printing.

We're printing a faceshield visor that one of the local folks designed, it's built around 3-hole punched transparency sheets. The local healthcare system approved the design, and I've been banging them out as fast as I can. They originally asked for 5,000 visors, which we thought was un-achievable. We're currently at ~4300, with contributions from 60+ individuals. We'll easily hit the 5k units next week. We're also printing mask ear savers, which are a necessary thing because the hospitals only have KN95 masks from China (thanks to the Patriot's owner Robert Kraft flying them here in the team 767: https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-million-n95-masks-are-coming-from-chinaon-board-the-new-england-patriots-plane-11585821600) which have really long straps that don't really fit on anyone's ears. I'm printing the strap hooks 30 at a whack on the Monoprice, and I think I can get 34 at a time on the Prusa. I've burned though 6kg of filament in 2 weeks. I'll check the spreadsheet, but I think I've donated 250 faceshield visors, plus printed about 75 ear savers in Flex TPU for my wife's mask-making effortss. I'll get a couple of pictures if you're interested.

::edit:: I can fit 49 on the Prusa bed, it's a 10-hour print, perfect for overnight. And I checked, I've contributed 235 visors including the 50-some I have here now.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 17, 2020

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

sharkytm posted:

It's motivation more than anything. I've actually got the time and money. I don't like working on cars alone, as I've come to realize. I dunno. I'm preserving the car at the least.

poo poo get Guthrie over there, that dude has insane amounts of motivation. I don't think he even sleeps, ever

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'd come over and heckle you into working on the Jetta but I barely get time to work on my own cars these days and it wouldn't be very social distancing of me to do so anyways. Glad to see this mess hasn't hit you too bad.

Oh, and I'm supremely jealous of your shop.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I'm jealous of your motivation and how awesome your house is going to be.

The pandemic has just slowed down my supply chain. As of right now, I think this year will be my best year in business to date.

It's surreal and unfair, and I feel really conflicted about how little impact this had had on me and my wife. So many friends are suffering, my mom's going through chemo again, many of my favorite restaurants are probably going under, and the world has likely changed significantly; yet here I stand, observing the chaos like it's an academic exercise. I'm donating to charities to feel like I'm having some sort of positive effect in the world, but it ain't really working.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I finally got everything buttoned up with the new compressor, new check valve in the tank, new safety relief valves, and lagged one of my 75' Coxeeels to the pallet for now. I don't have the copper fittings I need, I can't borrow the manlift from my landlord because his guys are using it daily, so I'm giving up on copper for now. I needed shop air, and now I've got it.

http://imgur.com/a/uOegsxS

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Jealous of your air setup, that's looking good.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Another month, another diesel dilemma. I'm probably replacing my truck. It's 5 years old, can't write any more off, so time to buy a new one. I'll either trade in or sell this one, it's in drat good shape and only has 36k miles, so I should get pretty decent money for it.

So... What to buy to replace it? I need an 8' bed, as evidenced by the fact that it currently has 600# of stainless steel sediment samplers in it that take up every inch of the bed. I don't need the diesel. I really don't tow the way I was expecting to when I bought it. However, the diesel retains more value, and come on... It's a diesel! If I could get a crew cab, 8' bed 1500/150, I'd buy one. Bonus points if it could have the small diesel. Unfortunately, you can't to my knowledge.

I'm going to check out the big three. Leaning toward another GMC with the magic tailgate, but the Ford is pretty sweet as well with the 6.7. Dodge... I dunno. I don't think I can spend money on a RAM, but I've heard that they're much better built than years ago, the transmission issues are fixed, etc. I've always liked Cummins engines in boats. Of course, since it's COVID time, this is likely to drag into next year or at least late this year.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The 3.0l Duramax has impressed me. Probably not available with a long bed since that's reserved for base as hell work truck status for the most part.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Suburban Dad posted:

The 3.0l Duramax has impressed me. Probably not available with a long bed since that's reserved for base as hell work truck status for the most part.

If I want a long bed and not-single cab, I'm in 2500 terrritory. I want a 1500 crew cab, long bed, mini-Duramax.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

There's a billion combos for trucks and still some like that aren't offered. Somehow.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

sharkytm posted:

Another month, another diesel dilemma. I'm probably replacing my truck. It's 5 years old, can't write any more off, so time to buy a new one. I'll either trade in or sell this one, it's in drat good shape and only has 36k miles, so I should get pretty decent money for it.

So... What to buy to replace it? I need an 8' bed, as evidenced by the fact that it currently has 600# of stainless steel sediment samplers in it that take up every inch of the bed. I don't need the diesel. I really don't tow the way I was expecting to when I bought it. However, the diesel retains more value, and come on... It's a diesel! If I could get a crew cab, 8' bed 1500/150, I'd buy one. Bonus points if it could have the small diesel. Unfortunately, you can't to my knowledge.

I'm going to check out the big three. Leaning toward another GMC with the magic tailgate, but the Ford is pretty sweet as well with the 6.7. Dodge... I dunno. I don't think I can spend money on a RAM, but I've heard that they're much better built than years ago, the transmission issues are fixed, etc. I've always liked Cummins engines in boats. Of course, since it's COVID time, this is likely to drag into next year or at least late this year.

My 2018 ram 3500 with the 6.7 and aisin has been fine, would recommend, 35k so far. The internet says the 2020 6.7 is better, but when I look 10 years back a powerstroke never is. My duramax was great as well.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

rdb posted:

My 2018 ram 3500 with the 6.7 and aisin has been fine, would recommend, 35k so far. The internet says the 2020 6.7 is better, but when I look 10 years back a powerstroke never is. My duramax was great as well.
The RAM interior is really nice, much nicer than the' '18 Denali a friend drives. There are a lot of nice features on the Ford, but the front end is fugly. Of course, the new GMC isn't exactly good looking. TBH, I think all three are pretty solid. I've got a GMC dealer 5 minutes up the road, don't even have to cross the bridge to get there. Nearest Ford dealer is 20 minutes, across the bridge. Dodge; 20 minutes, no bridge. I live on Cape Cod, so the bridges are kind of a big deal at times.

Suburban Dad posted:

There's a billion combos for trucks and still some like that aren't offered. Somehow.
Seriously. It took me months to find my current truck, and I flew to Virginia to buy it. Not many long bed, double cab, vinyl floor Duramax trucks in white, apparently. Want a pearl white Denali? There's ten within 30 minutes.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Mine is the tradesman model with the basic cloth, carpet and chrome package. I wish it was all vinyl with rubber floors, ram has two grades of vinyl, the pro grade is supposed to be really tear/oil resistant.

But even then, I am glad I did not get the leather. My toddler made a mess of the back seat, and it still only took me 30 minutes to clean it up yesterday. No special cleaners or treatments. Weathertech mats help.

Next time I will look at ford, most online reviews focus on its insane power, but I don’t like the looks or the shotgun approach with interior buttons.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
The power of any of the big diesels is insane. I towed a 12k# boat trailer all over the East coast for nearly a decade with an '01 F-350 dually with a 7.3L. 250hp/525 ft-lbs. My Duramax is 397hp/765 ft-lbs. One of my issues with my truck is the lack of upfitter switches, so the Ford was nice in that regard. I've had to 3d print parts to mount switches in a Denali overhead console that I added.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

rdb posted:

I have a 2017 3500 with the same setup. The Aisin transmission is what does it for me. I guess the newer Fords (and Chevy?) have more speeds but I don’t need that. I pull loads sometimes that are creeping up to cdl territory and the Ram feels like it’s never broken a sweat. I can’t even tell when it’s regenerating.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
I spent half the day running copper air lines. Photos tomorrow. Combination valves/unions are amazing.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Tomorrow, not so much.
Pictures. Yes.
We last left the compressor directly hooked to a 75' Coxreels EZ-Coil. No regulation, but a big 3/4" in/out filter.

I spent Thursday doing a ton of work, including reinforcing the guardrail, adding a cross beam, and soldering a bunch of 3/4" and 1/2" copper.
I've had a ton of trouble with the "standard" unions, which use a bubble flare-type seal. I found someone on eBay clearing out a bunch of 3/4" and 1/2" Watts union valves, which have an O-ring seal. They're high-lead, so no good for plumbing any more, but perfect for air lines.
So... the new setup adds a T after the 3/4" hydraulic flex line. One side of the T goes to the reel, still unregulated. The other goes to the main 3/4" air line. All copper is clamped/isolated with rubber-lines P-clamps.

From there, it makes a couple of turns and crosses the 6' gap to the exterior wall:

The first valve/union is part way down the wall. It was the only way to install this solo and also works great to leak-test each section. The slope is intentional, as I want any water that condenses out to flow away from the compressor and toward a future drain leg.
Over my machine shop area, the first drop is installed. It's a T off the side of the main line, then turns down the wall. There's another valve/union at the mid-way point, mostly for installation ease, but also for easy reconfiguration if needed:

The drop terminates in a 12" drain leg with 1/2" ball valve, and a 90 to a regulator/lubricator and a Dynabrade swivel:

Now I just need to source a coiled airhose, and I'll have air to clean off parts right at the machines, instead of dragging the big hose down.

More to come, that's for sure. Eventually, I'll run a line up to the ceiling off the main line, and move the other reel up there next to the power drops. I also need to replace the current pump->tank line with copper and a radiator. It's currently sporting a piece of AC line which fits, but isn't rated for the heat of the compressor pump, and will eventually blow up. I've got a temperature-controlled switch module, and plan on mounting some sort of radiator/fan setup to the pump outlet. It'll knock a lot of water out of the air before it can get to the lines, and not burn much additional power.

The next step that I'd like to take is to install a motorized ball valve, an auto drain valve, and a compressor cut-off switch. I'm planning on running conduit down the front of the lab and installing a single switch that should: A) Enable the pressure switch to turn the compressor on, B) Enable the motorized ball valve which will replace the valve between the tank and main filter, C) Enable the timer on the auto-drain valve, and D) turn on an indicator light. The issue is that legit motorized ball valves are $$. I've got a couple of saved searches on eBay, and I'm hoping to snag some surplus parts. If not, I'll probably figure out some mickey-mouse Rube Goldberg wire rope and pulley system to open/close the main valve. The last thing I want is the compressor running non-stop if something breaks and I'm not around.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

What if instead of (or in addition to) the motorized ball valve, you were controlling a NC contactor that would kill power to the compressor?

I've probably watched too many CSB videos but I don't particularly trust motorized valves anymore. :nfpa: :P
Haha nevermind, I think you're doing this already. I should read better.

Excellent work btw. I'm still on your Mark 1 setup in my shop.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 17, 2020

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

angryrobots posted:

What if instead of (or in addition to) the motorized ball valve, you were controlling a NC contactor that would kill power to the compressor?

I've probably watched too many CSB videos but I don't particularly trust motorized valves anymore. :nfpa: :P
Haha nevermind, I think you're doing this already. I should read better.

Excellent work btw. I'm still on your Mark 1 setup in my shop.

LOL. Yup. The single switch will cut the line that runs through the pressure switch. Main switch off? Pressure switch can't activate the contactor in the grey Square D box.

I have a nicer setup in my house garage, which is currently fed by... A 1hp California Air twin stack.

And yes, CSB videos are informative... About what not to do.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
My landlord finally got his man-lift to my shop, because the heater needs to be replaced. I'm having him keep it there over the weekend, so I'm hoping I can hang both air hose reels and maybe get one hooked up. I snagged a Flexzilla 8' inlet hose, which should last longer than the regular ones that I've got now. 8' should reach most of the way to the wall, which saves a couple of fittings and some soldering.

Last big order for the year is packed and waiting on some paperwork/pickup/transport to the EU, so maybe I'll have some time to dick around with the Jetta or the shop. I did fire it up, drive it around for an hour, and park it outside last week. Still runs like a raped ape!

On a personal note, tomorrow marks 14 years since my wife and I got engaged, and the day after is our 11-year anniversary. :toot:

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 10, 2020

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Congrats dude :) Hope you and the missus can do something nice.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
:lol: We stayed home (like usual) and I cooked dinner. Nothing out of the ordinary, which is the theme for my life.

Ran the 1/2" copper up and over the roof beam.
Hose reel hooked up:

No leaks that I could find, and if push came to shove, I can reach the shutoff from the pallet racking. Using the man-lift was the only way to do this.

I also cleaned the ceiling fans. They were filthy. :krakentoot:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Nice. When you get your compressor controller done, can you post a single line diagram and parts list?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Sure. I can tally everything up. I'm not sure I want to look up the pricing, LOL

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Jetta back in warm storage. Gonna be a busy winter.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

drat, dude, another good front-to-back read for me to catch up on...

Ever figure out the truck situation?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Advent Horizon posted:

drat, dude, another good front-to-back read for me to catch up on...

Ever figure out the truck situation?

Pandemic meant low supply of trucks and the microchip shortage ain't helping. I'm still driving the '15 GMC. Maybe I'll buy a new truck in '21, but who knows.

Since it's been so long since an update... Here the rundown:
Wife's pregnant, due in late June or early July.
We both caught COVID in late December.
2020 was a great year for my business. I donated 1% of my gross to charity all told.
My mom's still doing chemo, they irradiated a couple more tumors in her brain, but the last scan was clean.
The Jetta and probably both Fits need to be sold.
Shop improvements have been limited, I'm pretty happy the way things are.
I'm building 3x 5.5kWh lithium ion batteries in 17" glass spheres
We're nearing completion of a bathroom reno that started January 1, 2020
A whole ton of the gear that I build is currently at 2600m in the East Pacific Rise. Interested? Head over to the deep sea thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889262&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

Live stream from the bottom of the ocean: https://youtu.be/ohgWMn9_mBU

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

sharkytm posted:

Pandemic meant low supply of trucks and the microchip shortage ain't helping. I'm still driving the '15 GMC. Maybe I'll buy a new truck in '21, but who knows.

Since it's been so long since an update... Here the rundown:
Wife's pregnant, due in late June or early July.
We both caught COVID in late December.
2020 was a great year for my business. I donated 1% of my gross to charity all told.
My mom's still doing chemo, they irradiated a couple more tumors in her brain, but the last scan was clean.
The Jetta and probably both Fits need to be sold.
Shop improvements have been limited, I'm pretty happy the way things are.
I'm building 3x 5.5kWh lithium ion batteries in 17" glass spheres
We're nearing completion of a bathroom reno that started January 1, 2020
A whole ton of the gear that I build is currently at 2600m in the East Pacific Rise. Interested? Head over to the deep sea thread.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889262&pagenumber=3&perpage=40

Live stream from the bottom of the ocean: https://youtu.be/ohgWMn9_mBU

Holy poo poo congrats on the baby!
I got COVID on a business trip to France in february 2020 (before covid was really a thing yet), really sucked!
I cannot imagine how hard it must be to have your mom in chemo, I've had friends go through it, but ugh, a parent :(

So, I have too many cars (7? i think?), but I have always liked the Jetta ever since pipkin sold it to you. What are you looking to get for it?

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Thanks, it's a whole new world now. Sorry you caught the 'vid. It sucked. And yeah, chemo is torture, especially when it's not curative, but palliative. She's handling it pretty well, all things considered, but it's a sliding scale.

Probably the same as I have into it: $4250 OBRO with a VagCOM, set of k2 seats, and if you want them, a full set of MKIV Wolfsburg seats. I've got a bunch of parts too, including an uncracked tilt wheel surround, spare fuel sender, a ton of vacuum lines, plus all the parts Tim gave me (axle seals, . I have a set of snow tires on 4x100 steelies, too. I have 2 spare exhaust manifolds, including one that I tapped for an EGT sensor. It's a pretty clean shell, I've kept it inside heated dry storage since I bought it, but there's rust beginning to show in a couple spots.

If you're serious, email me and I can take pictures of everything. I haven't driven it in 6-ish months, but I'm sure it'll fire up. It needs an oil change this spring, for sure. I'd like to see it go before June.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Man I hope a goon gets it so it can stay in the family. Sucks you have to sell it but I understand. I wish I had the time to put into it but I'm not working on the Scirocco as it is. A clean MK3 is getting to classic status quickly and the prices reflect it.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

Well I have to say, this is probably one of the cleanest MK3's in newengland. As much as I don't need more cars, I'm adopting it into what amounts to a small radwood meet at my house.
Everything I own is random stuff from the 80's and 90's, so this is going to fit in quite nicely.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

chrisgt posted:

Well I have to say, this is probably one of the cleanest MK3's in newengland. As much as I don't need more cars, I'm adopting it into what amounts to a small radwood meet at my house.
Everything I own is random stuff from the 80's and 90's, so this is going to fit in quite nicely.

Nice to see you again, and chat for a while. I'll dig up the title, it's probably in the safe deposit box at the bank. Thanks for driving down.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

En-route home:

It's home safe and sound, among the rest of my radwood wetdream garage. I'll drag all the cars out to the same side of my house one of these days.
Parked along with the biturbo, w123 wagon, chevy metro, and 2nd gen legacy, among others...

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

chrisgt posted:

En-route home:

It's home safe and sound, among the rest of my radwood wetdream garage. I'll drag all the cars out to the same side of my house one of these days.
Parked along with the biturbo, w123 wagon, chevy metro, and 2nd gen legacy, among others...

Bon voyage, fair prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Now that the sedan is gone I guess it’s time to get something more practical for a family.

Ural w/ sidecar, perhaps? DIY Miata hatchback maybe?

Ooh, maybe a figure-8 track school bus!