Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

sharkytm posted:

Guess what followed me home today?
https://imgur.com/a/Rq8Xc9F

3ph with a 1000amp slow blow fuse and PVC air lines? I hope thats not your shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

sharkytm posted:

Another month, another diesel dilemma. I'm probably replacing my truck. It's 5 years old, can't write any more off, so time to buy a new one. I'll either trade in or sell this one, it's in drat good shape and only has 36k miles, so I should get pretty decent money for it.

So... What to buy to replace it? I need an 8' bed, as evidenced by the fact that it currently has 600# of stainless steel sediment samplers in it that take up every inch of the bed. I don't need the diesel. I really don't tow the way I was expecting to when I bought it. However, the diesel retains more value, and come on... It's a diesel! If I could get a crew cab, 8' bed 1500/150, I'd buy one. Bonus points if it could have the small diesel. Unfortunately, you can't to my knowledge.

I'm going to check out the big three. Leaning toward another GMC with the magic tailgate, but the Ford is pretty sweet as well with the 6.7. Dodge... I dunno. I don't think I can spend money on a RAM, but I've heard that they're much better built than years ago, the transmission issues are fixed, etc. I've always liked Cummins engines in boats. Of course, since it's COVID time, this is likely to drag into next year or at least late this year.

My 2018 ram 3500 with the 6.7 and aisin has been fine, would recommend, 35k so far. The internet says the 2020 6.7 is better, but when I look 10 years back a powerstroke never is. My duramax was great as well.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Mine is the tradesman model with the basic cloth, carpet and chrome package. I wish it was all vinyl with rubber floors, ram has two grades of vinyl, the pro grade is supposed to be really tear/oil resistant.

But even then, I am glad I did not get the leather. My toddler made a mess of the back seat, and it still only took me 30 minutes to clean it up yesterday. No special cleaners or treatments. Weathertech mats help.

Next time I will look at ford, most online reviews focus on its insane power, but I don’t like the looks or the shotgun approach with interior buttons.