Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

sharkytm posted:

Oh yeah, and if anyone other than shy boy reads this thread, there's some news coming... Waiting for things to finalize.

You snagged a Touareg with the V-10 TDI?

Otherwise, it’s not big news. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Holy poo poo my envy knows no bounds. :stare: That’s awesome.

sharkytm posted:

Just for the record, it's 2300sqft, 200A 3-phase, two 12x14 bay doors, has a legit semi trailer-height loading dock, and a 10x18 office, plus a decent bathroom. I paid to add the clean room in the back, which is 12'6"x20', with a load-bearing ceiling for a mezzanine. The pallet racking was already installed.

So yeah, I’d probably end up putting a very comfy cot in said office and would be spending weekends wrenching on something fun, disrupting my interpersonal relationships in the process but having so much fun doing so!

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Your wife’s boat looks awesome! I know nothing about boats, what are the posts that are sticking up from the bow and stern?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Hell yeah, dude. That’s awesome!

I’m taking it that you need to be light on details due to customer privacy / NDAs but was it a camera setup for research or something crazy like a James Cameron movie? :haw:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
This is decidedly un-AI but are you applying for any of the small business loans out there? Might not be a bad idea to help offset the parts and to keep your cash reserves flush.

Hope you’re doing good, bud. This pandemic is awful but there’s light at the end of the tunnel (I hope).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

sharkytm posted:

Of course, I'm not done because I'm not motivated to finish it and I'm spending my time printing face shield visors for our local hospital system and sitting on my rear end.

That’s pretty awesome of you to help out the hospitals like that. I’m looking for pictures of your 3D printer in the shop (but not finding them), but I’m guessing you have a pretty large setup for prototyping parts and such. What are you running, if you don’t mind me asking?

Also no troubles about sitting on your rear end, pretty much everyone is in the same boat. :shrug: