Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

sharkytm posted:

poo poo, even the Chevy Cobalt had 16" 5-spoke wheels that are 4x100.

That's what I have on my car (which is basically a Cobalt in drag - Saturn Ion - same wheels with a different center cap). 56.6 center bore.

They bend way too easy for an alloy wheel, FYI. They're also meant for tapered lugs, not wheel bolts. I think the center bore is the same, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Even my crapbox Saturn didn't develop any leaks until last fall, around 185k.

Decently bad one, but not as bad as I thought... at first I thought it'd blown out the crank seals, but after powerwashing the engine, it seems like it's all coming from the oil pan gasket. Used to add 1 qt between 9k oil changes, it's gone up to 2 qts. It has drat near 200k on it though. It's bad enough that my parking space and the front subframe won't be rusting anytime soon, but enough of a PITA to change that I'll just keep topping it off.

Even the crap cars are pretty good these days (except for Mitsubishi's Mirage). Still no smoke from it, and it's needed no major work so far.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 11, 2018

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

They don't have to be on the same breaker, but having them on the same leg really helps.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Would have been more amusing if they'd used an audio/visual alert fuse, though that may not have been able to carry enough amps.