Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Where did you find an sr5 game that doesn't suck

Tell me your secrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
playing an ttrpg is about having friends previously and playing with them, unless you wanna risk the cat piss man.

playing godawful amounts of crunch games like sr or gurps requires thay enough of your preexisting friends be a certain kinda turbo weirdo

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 8, 2020

Negative_Earth
Apr 18, 2002

BeiiN AlL ii CaN B

bob dobbs is dead posted:

playing an ttrpg is about having friends previously and playing with them, unless you wanna risk the cat piss man.

playing godawful amounts of crunch games like sr or gurps requires thay enough of your preexisting friends be a certain kinda turbo weirdo

There's a standing question of "what system can be used for de-crunching SR while maintaining SR lore". SavageWorlds recently released Sprawlrunners (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/334278/Sprawlrunners?src=hottest_filtered&filters=510_0_1600_0_0), and there are many other home-brew suggestions as well.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

SpaceDrake posted:

Are you a bad enough dude to take on Hong Kong, Kamfy?

I don't know. I guess there's only one way to find out, isn't there?

(That's a link)

I'll keep this thread open for the time being too, so feel free to continue any ongoing discussions or what have you.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Awww hell yes. Really enjoyed these LPs and looking forward to the next one.

Keeping the larger metaplot discussion on this thread, it seem like we know the Earthdawn setting was after the horrors left the fourth world. Do we know anything about what it was like in the early fourth world, or what was going on in the second or the first worlds? For that matter why is the first world the first world and was there a manna cycle before then?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

You are the hero we need, Kanfy. :allears:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

GimmickMan posted:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

So was Rosa, and we all know how that might've gone!

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011

Kanfy posted:

So was Rosa, and we all know how that might've gone!

You are, so far, two heroes that we needed. And going for three entertaining people in a row.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Kanfy posted:

(That's a link)

I'll keep this thread open for the time being too, so feel free to continue any ongoing discussions or what have you.

You're an absolute madlad.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

GimmickMan posted:

:emptyquote:

wiegieman posted:

Where did you find an sr5 game that doesn't suck

Tell me your secrets

As noted, the secret is "a bunch of friends who are all as turbonerd as I am and are willing to eat the crunch" :v: SR5 would definitely be intimidating to play w/ strangers.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

GimmickMan posted:

:v:But do we deserve a hero?
:smaug: I'm not telling.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Quackles posted:

You're an absolute madlad.
:same: :same:

Hope you don't get burnt out.

TheDavies
Mar 27, 2010

Kanfy posted:

(That's a link)

You wonderful, wonderful, completely insane person.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Kanfy posted:

(That's a link)

As much as I will enjoy this, Kanfy, there is no shame in a long holiday... especially around the, well, holidays. You just put a bow on a three-year epic, after all. I don't want to see you get burned out - none of us do.

Don't forget to send this one to the archives, either. It absolutely needs to be preserved.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Late to the party but thank you for this LP Kanfy. I somehow backed all three SR games and never played through Dragonfall, looks like I missed a hell of a ride.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kanfy posted:

(That's a link)

You poor, damned fool. You're too good for us.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

You're a god drat machine, Kanfy.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

GimmickMan posted:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

haha jeeze the new thread is already three pages long and it's been like 11 hours. i've got some reading to do!

Jernaugh
Jan 21, 2019

JustJeff88 posted:

As much as I will enjoy this, Kanfy, there is no shame in a long holiday... especially around the, well, holidays. You just put a bow on a three-year epic, after all. I don't want to see you get burned out - none of us do.

Don't forget to send this one to the archives, either. It absolutely needs to be preserved.

PMush Perfect posted:

You poor, damned fool. You're too good for us.

:allears:

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

biosterous posted:

haha jeeze the new thread is already three pages long and it's been like 11 hours. i've got some reading to do!

People are eager to exercise their right to vote for the next protagonist, feel free to go add your voice to the pile if you like.

And yeah, I've already sent in the archival request for this LP so it should pop up in there eventually.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Man, I only manage to work through a 500 post backlog so as to see you start a new one. You absolute madman!

I'm a bit late to the party, but thanks for this ride, it has been a really good run. It is a remarkable achievement and you should be proud of yourself. Also thankful for all the thread discussion, the underlying themes and values of SR, it's quite the read!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Edit: Whoops

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Veotax posted:

Yeah, I think that is one of if not the best bad ending I've ever seen.

Thanks for the LP Kanfy!

I think Mask of the Betrayer's bad ending still beats it, but not by much

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

The bad ending is real cool. I chose to get it first knowing what it was.

Forcing you to fight your buddies is neat because it also means that it's possible to just straight up not be able to get it if your character isn't buff enough. My first playthrough was as a shaman so I could summon allies of my own; Kanfy would probably have had a bit more trouble if they couldn't control Eiger.

Alex0080
May 3, 2013

bewilderment posted:

The bad ending is real cool. I chose to get it first knowing what it was.

Forcing you to fight your buddies is neat because it also means that it's possible to just straight up not be able to get it if your character isn't buff enough. My first playthrough was as a shaman so I could summon allies of my own; Kanfy would probably have had a bit more trouble if they couldn't control Eiger.

My Worst End Decker (Free Apex, then join Vauclair) was able to win with just Full Auto on the top end non-minigun Assault Rifle. That one skill is probably too good, although you do need to stack accuracy boosts on high difficulties (Aim Eye Cyberware, Aim Totem, Aim Spell and good skill level).

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

babypolis posted:

I think Mask of the Betrayer's bad ending still beats it, but not by much

That one is real hard to beat and I have a hard time calling it the "bad" ending :v:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

MotB's 'bad' ending kills a bunch of Forgotten Realms Gods, so really it's impossible to say it's truly bad.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

The MotB ending feels like the rear end in a top hat gods get what's coming to them because of the wall, not screwing the world.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Well it also has you committing genocide on an entire race except for their children which you force into slavery, which is a pretty bad thing to do.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
dragonfall, you execute the genocide and it actually genocides the race so there are no drat children to enslave

so who knows

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Poil posted:

Well it also has you committing genocide on an entire race except for their children which you force into slavery, which is a pretty bad thing to do.

Yeah, but, y'know... Githyanki, so we return to Night's point

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Yeah, straight up gently caress the Githyanki. Though there is something to be said for the question of what will the multiverse look like without the Githyanki preventing the scourge of the Illithid from running rampant. Sure, the Githyanki are evil, but at least they're lawful. And hey, they have a truly meritocratic system, so that's something.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
githyanki are given as ne, githzerai are ln

the only thing they both still agree on is death to illithids, so eh

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Hmm, I thought Githyanki were LE and Githzerai were LN. Probably getting my editions confused again.

Is there anyone aside from the Illithid themselves, though, that isn't pretty on board with death to Illithids?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What could possibly go wrong with genociding a race that's keeping another, even more dangerous threat in check?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Kanfy posted:

(That's a link)

:vince:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
The dragons had a dead man's switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

The dragons had a dead man's switch.