Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEBATE ME BITCH
Jan 5, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

little munchkin posted:

it's fun to imagine what would happen if Mario and Solid Snake met each other

imagine mario and solid snake eating at an Italian restaurant together. LOL!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Debate Me Please posted:

imagine mario and solid snake eating at an Italian restaurant together. LOL!!!!

i think it'd go a little something ... like this!

MARIO: it's-a me, Mario!

SNAKE: Mario? Hmm...

poo poo i can't think of what they would say after that oh goddammit gently caress

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

super sweet best pal posted:

This site could use some more writers.

let me write for the front page
(totally not out of the side of my mouth)
yeah let phiz write for the front page they're so funny

wow heh thanks guys guess i'll have to give it a shot if the mods approve B)

Slam Pajamas
May 21, 2007
ALL TEXT TITLE ALL-STARS
I like this guy's work, its funny- punchy and breezy, just hits right to the point without dancing around a buildup that may or may not pay off without being at the poo poo-meme level of a frowny face and text underneath or some nonsense.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Slam Pajamas posted:

I like this guy's work, its funny- punchy and breezy, just hits right to the point without dancing around a buildup that may or may not pay off without being at the poo poo-meme level of a frowny face and text underneath or some nonsense.

thanks Dennis

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Slam Pajamas posted:

Counterpoint: this absolute dogshit

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
"The Preamble to Every Online Recipe" is good. I wish there was an Adblock for mommyblogging.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Halloween Jack posted:

"The Preamble to Every Online Recipe" is good.

I came here to post this.

Halloween Jack posted:

I wish there was an Adblock for mommyblogging.

:same:

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Slam Pajamas posted:

Yeah CTS rules.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Slam Pajamas posted:

Why? as I said before it's the same joke over and over week in week out.

If he was on the big bang theory goons would be burning his joke at the stake.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
mate are u loving kidding me

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah this one is pretty bad.

Yet the Criterion Collection, which is a similar idea, was a lot funnier to me. Juxtaposing things sometimes works. Sometimes doesn't. He's one of the few writers actually updating regularly, and I think he does two articles per week. I get not having ideas.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Today's "alien rpg" article is amazing.

It's litterally the same joke 14 times in a row.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

504 posted:

Today's "alien rpg" article is amazing.

It's litterally the same joke 14 times in a row.

I actually think the entire article is a reference to this:
https://www.gameaxis.com/news/an-elder-scrolls-tabletop-rpg-module-is-plagued-by-plagiarism/

Essentially, an RPG module for Elder Scrolls that used 'The Black Road' D&D module and just changed a couple of words around to make it an 'Elder Scrolls RPG'.

Which kind of makes it two jokes, though it's not really the best two jokes ever and the second one at best is a "haha, I know what this is referring to'" for the few nerds like me who know about this.

Soul Reaver fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 29, 2019

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
DCTS gets a permanent hall pass gently caress the haters

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the valued input, you mindless loving idiot.

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010

504 posted:

I'm a huge loving retard

fixed that for you

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
You are an idiot that likes mindless repetitive jokes that you would not even smile at if they were not written by your internet hero.

So yeah. gently caress off.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

where did the mean front page writer hurt you

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Steve Mazzagatti got a lot of deserved poo poo for being a bad ref, but I unironically believe his calls on Hammil/Jones and Mir/Lesnar 1 were right and more refs should make calls like that.

Pawg From Produce
Feb 11, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
The shoes, despite being fished out of a river, still ran a cost of seven hundred dollars.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/house-chart-conversion/

Doom House was a welcome blast from the past.

What is Fragmaster up to these days?

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Does anybody know what that jet ski game at the end of this article is called

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

puve posted:

Does anybody know what that jet ski game at the end of this article is called

look at this guy not knowing Moto Sea Plug N Play Game

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Listen, this is a good article:

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/spider-costume-outfit/

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I enjoyed the Outer Worlds review because, as that particular kind of shut-in RPG junky it is targeted to, I appreciated somebody else being sick of hearing reviewers gush about an unrelated game in every article too. Disco Elysium sounds great, sure. Added to list. But the saga of when-will-we-get-another-New-Vegas-style-map-crawler has been high on the list of concerns for escapist dopes like me for a long time now. I really don't care about the "well actually the opposite approach is better, you really want to just explore a city block" snobbery. I really don't want to just explore a city block, I want to get lost somewhere exotic and expansive. Being told that's wrong by reviewers of a game that's marketed exactly to that audience just reeks of elitism, so thanks CTS for calling them on it.

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019
https://www.somethingawful.com/news/but-how-medicare/

Trip Report:
I thought today's update was actually pretty drat funny.
Bring back lost in appleton.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/baby-yoda-star/

This is the way.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Ouch. Yeah, Muppet Babies was a blunt, crass idea in '84 and it's still that way today.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He's pretty much the only writer writing stuff consistently and gets a lot of credit for that even if not every article is great.

The new one made me laugh though. This was a good idea.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Lately I remembered about this article https://www.somethingawful.com/news/twister-shouting-quotes/
and how much I liked it.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

quote:

THE LEGEND OF ZACHA: BRAFF OH HE WILD

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

yakuza 0 winning "best slot car simulator" is accurate and insightful journalism

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I MUST LET THE WORLD KNOW HOW MUCH I DISLIKE THIS MANS WRITING WHICH IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR FREE AND DOESNT COST ME A SINGLE CENT, NOR AM I PRESSURED TO READ IT!!!

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Do y'all watch season 2-10 of shows you don't like aswell? Hitting up the IMDb forums after every episode, over years and years, to have a good self-entitled bitch about it?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Whooo hass summoned meeee

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nierbo posted:

I MUST LET THE WORLD KNOW HOW MUCH I DISLIKE THIS MANS WRITING WHICH IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR FREE AND DOESNT COST ME A SINGLE CENT, NOR AM I PRESSURED TO READ IT!!!

Nierbo posted:

Do y'all watch season 2-10 of shows you don't like aswell? Hitting up the IMDb forums after every episode, over years and years, to have a good self-entitled bitch about it?

ahaha oh my loving god, dude

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Nierbo posted:

It really loving sucks though. I see it as complaining about the amount of bird poo poo covering up some quaint old port district. Yes it was only deposited there recently, but it spoils the atmosphere, stinks up the environment and could easily be power washed off but we cant seem to collectively get rid of this sites Lowtaxian use of unpaid utility-grade comedy writers who never get better, never ever once in the last 5 years of spraying their birdshit to ever get a mention anywhere, not even in the forum of the website they post on.

Look at this crap

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/hbo-max-now/

Purge the work-for-free-for-ever tier of open-mic caliber chuckle deserts and maybe something improves around here.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

shadow puppet of a posted:

Purge the work-for-free-for-ever tier of open-mic caliber chuckle deserts and maybe something improves around here.

are you saying you want us to delete your posts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

are you saying you want us to delete your posts?

As much as Corrin Tucker sucks, at least they try. Your apologia-cum-article isnt open mic its pitiful therapy couch selfies.