Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I enjoyed the Outer Worlds review because, as that particular kind of shut-in RPG junky it is targeted to, I appreciated somebody else being sick of hearing reviewers gush about an unrelated game in every article too. Disco Elysium sounds great, sure. Added to list. But the saga of when-will-we-get-another-New-Vegas-style-map-crawler has been high on the list of concerns for escapist dopes like me for a long time now. I really don't care about the "well actually the opposite approach is better, you really want to just explore a city block" snobbery. I really don't want to just explore a city block, I want to get lost somewhere exotic and expansive. Being told that's wrong by reviewers of a game that's marketed exactly to that audience just reeks of elitism, so thanks CTS for calling them on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Ouch. Yeah, Muppet Babies was a blunt, crass idea in '84 and it's still that way today.