Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He's been putting out two articles per week now, I don't they all can be good. And most of the articles you linked are Video Game Article which tend to be way sillier and first-degree jokes than anything particularly well-thought out. Even when he's just running down a list of punch-lines, I feel the thing is validated enough if one of them gets me to smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He's gotten a lot better ever since his game got funded. I think he was just in a slump. The last few things he's done have been good and funny.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I still think most of what he writes is fine though he's had maybe a few more misses for the last few months than normal. But when he's pretty much one of the sole content creators, I can definitely give him a pass. At the best his stuff is cute and irreverent at worst it's one joke that died on delivery but what're you going to do?

Keep at it CTS.

Fun aside. I didn't know anything about Sleater-Kinney until reading his handle. I love that band now and that name played no small part in it all those years ago.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah this one is pretty bad.

Yet the Criterion Collection, which is a similar idea, was a lot funnier to me. Juxtaposing things sometimes works. Sometimes doesn't. He's one of the few writers actually updating regularly, and I think he does two articles per week. I get not having ideas.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

He's pretty much the only writer writing stuff consistently and gets a lot of credit for that even if not every article is great.

The new one made me laugh though. This was a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CTS is definitely capable of writing good funny articles.

I think they were just spread too thin, being pretty much one of few active writers recently. That's probably why a lot of the articles were rather half-baked. They were posting 3 times a week or so. I wouldn't want to see them leave.