Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

publishko posted:

"Kiss me, darling, before I'm sick" was the best part of the movie. that's precisely where i said "what the gently caress" to myself

I had a very similar reaction to that too, it left me puzzled for a little bit after the movie until my wife and I could talk through it. I was fairly convinced that Woodcock was going to die in the first poisoning scene once his mother showed up. I'm glad it didn't go that route. I also really like Cyril's reaction after he falls over and ruins the wedding dress. When the two ladies are describing what happened, she couldn't comprehend that Reynolds was the one who did it. Everything was so orderly all the time that what was being described simply couldn't have happened.

Overall I really liked it, everyone is great in it. I didn't really notice it at first, but the music almost never stops through the whole movie. I would say that if you have zero interest in fashion, it probably will be a very boring movie. There are a lot of scenes of rolling out fabric, dresses being examined or paraded around, or someone just making a dress. I thought the photography was great too, a very beautiful movie.

Edit: Woodcock early on says he's a confirmed bachelor, and I could have sworn that was code for gay, but apparently not.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ah that could be. Now that I think about it, he interacts with almost no other men in the entire movie. All I can think of is the doctor.

• Locked thread