Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cigaw
Sep 13, 2012
You should make the old Portuguese standard, Green Broth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Doom Rooster posted:

I first tackled "Green Broth". I was thinking about what else has "green" in the name that would be converted into a broth. Green curry was the obvious choice, so I made a green Thai curry broth with cilantro oil. Added a little spinach for color. I blanched all of the green stuff first to bring out the bright green color, and kept the temps under 150 after that to keep the color. It was a beautiful, vibrant green for about 10 minutes... I am betting that the acidity from the lime juice is what caused the browning. Should have saved the lime for individual servings at the table.

Overall though, really loving good. Served with some sous vide tilapia (lime zest and lemon grass) and rice noodles.

That looks great! Would eat your green broth that is not green broth.

Green Broth, aka Caldo Verde is a very tasty and hearty Portuguese potato, linguica and kale/collard green soup; the latter of which is responsible for the green aspect. All told, it is not a particularly green soup, but let's face it, I'm willing to bet Nun Farts contains no actual farts from nuns, so there.

cigaw
Sep 13, 2012

Cavenagh posted:

Glorified Rice
To serve. Season the Rice Pudding to taste using brown sugar. Top with garnishes of Honeycomb, Star Fruit, Mango, Cardamom Parfait Spheres (I've got a melon baller and I'm going to use it.) and Gold.
:drat: I wish I could vote 5 all over again.

• Locked thread