Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Please do not eat a Fleta McGurn; it sounds untasty.

I am proud that my culinary failures inspired this thread and will contribute when I am less hungover! In the meantime, requesting Utica Greens and Husband and Wife Beef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

Utica also gave birth to a dish called Chicken Riggies.

Ugh, don't remind me. Every Christmas we would go to my aunt and uncle's place in Rome and she would make chicken riggies and then give my vegetarian rear end plain pasta without even jarred tomato sauce on it. She also likes Trump. I hate her. You CHICKEN RIGGERED ME.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I'll pay someone to cook and eat my dumbass aunt.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

How about the Japanese classic of Mother and Child? oyakodon

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

I had an idea for an approach for doom rooster. Treat doom as if it were a mispronunciation/spelling of a word in another language. The options include: meanwhile rooster (Esperanto), we see rooster (Greek), stupid rooster (Dutch), they give rooster (Portuguese), they hurt rooster (Portuguese).

This is a potential thesis in linguistic anthropology.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i think i can take mother and child
there should be a listing in the op of these. like, status: suggested, taken, done, i can't keep track

That's a great idea, dead bob!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I would like to tackle Nun Farts, please.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Otana posted:

how about a Japanese favorite, university potatoes?

I would love someone to do this.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Hirayuki posted:

Same here, but then they should send them over to deliver me from my no-carb sadness.
Actually, I should probably hold out for the real thing and not settle for what a goon thinks it may be. :ohdear:

Spoilering for anyone who doesn't already know what university potatoes (or "book-learnin' taters," if you will): Sweet potatoes and their ilk aren't THAT bad, carb-wise, especially if you've been doing low- or no-carb for a long time.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ranter posted:

133 grams of sweet potatoe is 27g net carbs according to google auto results. That + other daily intake of carbs could kick one out of ketosis. I wouldn't call that 'aren't that bad' but what do I know :P

You don't know how to spell potato! Everyone's physiology is different, and when you've been in ketosis for a long time, your body processes good carbs more efficiently. That is not enough starch to knock me out of ketosis, personally, although it likely would be for someone else. It's certainly not the best choice for going low-carb, but many of the keto people I know do eat sweet potatoes occasionally.

e: I meant that first sentence in a joking manner and I hope it came across as such.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 14, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Both the guessed/at and actual version of daigaku imo are great! And that bobo chess pie is beautiful :swoon:

I will be tentatively making the nun farts on Thursday or Friday this week.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Awesome!!! That looks great, and I'd happily eat it along with the original.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

E: never mind

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Suspect Bucket posted:

Do I strictly need sturgeon so I can do Minnesota Sushi, or can I substitute with catfish..... Hm. I wanna do this one. It brings to mind such delights.

For me, it brought to mind a tuna hotdish.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I am still planning to make nun's farts, but things have been crazy lately. Most likely tomorrow, though.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Are you talking about the cocoa van?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I am still planning on doing the nun farts, but life has gotten dramatically busy lately. :ohdear:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

As a Greek person, les françaises can le gently caress off! :saddowns:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I don't know exactly how a Fleta McGurn would taste, but I know it would be salty as hell.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

dino. posted:

You're welcome.

But the ones they mentioned aren't vegan!

E: your tomato curry recipe is the best!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

dino. posted:

Lol I was hoping someone would catch the joke. For the record, that picture is me.

Also, I don’t recall a tomato curry. I have a recipe for that? :o

Spoiler for me, it likely involves mustard seed, tons of onion, ginger, and garlic. But I don’t recall putting that in my book or blog. Did drunk Dino make a good thing?

It was in a thread years ago; maybe it made it to the GWS wiki?

And, yeah, that sounds like the recipe! Soooo good, and super easy!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Arglebargle III posted:

Someone do ants climbing a tree! It's Sichuanese.

gently caress you! Now I really want some and the only Sichuan place I know of here doesn't have it (and sucks).

This is a crazy good suggestion, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Suspect Bucket posted:

I'd just make ants on a log, but just stick it up sideways in a pot of hot chilli oil.

That's Sichuan hotpot, pretty much.

• Locked thread