Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm not Scottish, but I wish I were, and I'd love to see someone's attempt at making tablet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Jamaican beef patties were as common as chicken nuggets on school lunch menus when I was growing up, so I was honestly surprised when I moved away from South Florida and found out most people didn't know what they were. It took me even longer to make the patty = pasty connection. I really like your interpretation, though.

I have a good idea for Nun's Farts, but I'm not going to claim it or anything as I probably won't have time to make them.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 11, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I would have guessed lutefisk sushi. ...Am I right?

Also, I'm not going to make nun's farts after all, because I'm too lazy to actually make something I doubt I'd even like. The name just instantly made me think of a savory bean-filled pastry. I was going to use white beans, seasoned similarly to cassoulet, encased in a habit of puff pastry.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Dec 27, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Cavenagh posted:

Glorified Rice

Okay, that has to be the best one so far. It looks absolutely delicious, and surprisingly close to the actual dish (as far as being a creamy rice dessert with fruit, anyway).

Edit: Has anyone suggested cowboy caviar yet? I think that would be a fun one.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 30, 2018

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

PT6A posted:

See? This is going to be funny, and it's based on an awkward but correct translation instead of imagined nonsense.

Ahahaha, I just made the connection. It was already one of my favorite pasta dishes, now even moreso.

(not really a spoiler, just didn't want to give even the vaguest of hints)

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
That's brilliant. Also my mind is loving blown, I somehow just now made the connection that tapioca = yuca = cassava. :psyduck:

• Locked thread