Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Mu Zeta posted:

this show is encroaching on The Last Kingdom territory.

TLK is encroaching on Vikings territory :colbert:

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

life is killing me posted:

There was no Hvitserk or Sigurd, and Halfdan was one of the brothers I think.

As I understand, Halfdan and Hvitserk are the same person if we're talking about Ragnar's sons. Halfdan was known as Whiteshirt, which I believe is Hvitserk in Norse or whatever. Show Halfdan is someone else.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jan 19, 2018

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Man that was a poo poo ep. What happened to when Vikings had good battle scenes and actual shield walls? Now we get hollywood every man for himself bullshit without even the suggestion of a battle line and every named character gets to have a little personal moment in the middle of it all and no-one ever kills them when they're literally knelt down having a mourning session in the middle of a swirling melee even if they're a loving king

Remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTYz439cA5w

The first ever Vikings battle scene and still the best

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Also Halfdan owned and seeing him go all Obi Wan when he ran into his smug douche brother on the battlefield really sucked

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Ivar the Boneless saw everyone as skeletons because he is jealous of their bones

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

JoshGuitar posted:

Ęthelwulf dying out of the blue from a loving bee sting.

I didn't mind that. It was the middle ages, people died to random allergies and poo poo all the time because modern medicine wasn't a thing back then

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

You also see the Mary Sue protagonist jump over the enemy shield wall and solo their entire back line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

wormil posted:

Well apparently not. We understand why they killed Ragnar but it was a risky decision, handled badly, and followed up very badly. Apparently Travis Fimmel was more integral to the success and quality of the show than the writers.

What are you basing this on exactly? The show was already headed downhill even before Ragnar died and to me it's a case of the writing going to poo poo, not the absence of one actor

• Locked thread