Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bro im homeo stasis normal energy up drive up every 5-9 days just because it's the weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No, thank you.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Etc etc etc etc etc etc ..... this account started in December 2020 and has already posted 4,790 videos, all of them lasting only a few seconds and silently asking for a person to make a specific pop culture costume. A handful of the videos have inexplicably racked up tens of thousands of views but the huge majority of them have next to no views.
https://www.youtube.com/@chaoemperorcostumes/videos

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
That almost deserves its own thread. It’s like YouTube’s equivalent to the Simpsons ninjas and kicking guy on twitter

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's just some autistic person or someone trying to game the algorithm, or possibly both.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Given that it's ian from forgotten weapons, I'm guessing the innocents referred to are the defendants at the Nuremberg trials.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

somebody really should have stopped him at phase 4

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

carrionman posted:

Given that it's ian from forgotten weapons, I'm guessing the innocents referred to are the defendants at the Nuremberg trials.
???

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Lt. Cock posted:

That almost deserves its own thread. It’s like YouTube’s equivalent to the Simpsons ninjas and kicking guy on twitter

A thread... for deviants... :thunk:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lt. Cock posted:

I wonder if that guy has been satiated by AI images

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Putty posted:

A thread... for deviants... :thunk:

a dark and winding path indeed

--

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Hope at least one of those is ten hours of "SHAUN!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hope at least one of those is ten hours of "SHAUN!"

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is that the bad guy from Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is that the bad guy from Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door?

yes

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

The man just doesn't want to get political.
Please stop asking him why he tried to publish a book by a neo nazi, it was just business, don't make it political.
Just because he keeps hanging out with absolute right wing shitheads, a couple of which have openly fantasized about killing black people, it's because guns are a small niche, you can't get political.
He has cut ties with the vaguely left wing people he used to work with, because they kept making things political (like asking why he keeps hanging with right wing shitheads)

He's also burnt a lot of bridges with auction houses by shady dealings.

It's been a whole, thoroughly disappointing mess.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

carrionman posted:

Please stop asking him why he tried to publish a book by a neo nazi, it was just business, don't make it political.
Just because he keeps hanging out with absolute right wing shitheads, a couple of which have openly fantasized about killing black people, it's because guns are a small niche, you can't get political.
He has cut ties with the vaguely left wing people he used to work with, because they kept making things political (like asking why he keeps hanging with right wing shitheads)

oh, that sucks. I never went any deeper besides occasionally watching a video of his.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

carrionman posted:

I thought this had something to do with the Lenny x Carl video for a second and got very confused.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i dont know who this un named bad person is but I will do my best to avoid them

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

PhazonLink posted:

i dont know who this un named bad person is but I will do my best to avoid them

Forgotten Weapons

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

emSparkly posted:

I thought this had something to do with the Lenny x Carl video for a second and got very confused.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

if anyone was wondering how much effort goes into optimizing mrbeasts soyface

https://i.imgur.com/X4HmkOn.mp4

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
why....

I've never understood why youtubers are so focused on the thumbnail

video is underperforming, must be the the thumbnail

still not doing well, change the thumbnail

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Koburn posted:

why....

I've never understood why youtubers are so focused on the thumbnail

video is underperforming, must be the the thumbnail

still not doing well, change the thumbnail

There is actual data that shows the thumbnails matter a decent amount to bring in more views

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i was wondering how it worked with all the samples required, but he basically does it through successive a/b tests of three random thumbnails

https://www.viewstats.com/@mrbeast/videos/Pv0iVoSZzN8

no idea whether vidiq supports multiple a/b tests like this

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TontoCorazon posted:

There is actual data that shows the thumbnails matter a decent amount to bring in more views

And in this specific case a viewership increase of only a few percent might gain tens of thousands of dollars in ad revenue, if not more. Plus increases or decreases in views compared to your previous output also directly affects whether the Youtube algorithm increases or decreases the number of recommendations your video will get, and if you drop below your average views too badly Youtube will basically stop featuring your video in the 'recommended' sidebar. There's a metric shitload of advice videos on maximizing your thumbnails for optimum exposure yadda yadda yadda, Youtube tips & tricks videos are practically a cottage industry all on their own

Additionally, if you keep changing your thumbnail around there's also a good chance that some people might assume it's a new video and click on it again. :ssh:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

it's AB testing

you try two with slight variations, whichever one gets more clicks, you use that one, then you do that again and again and again. it's a technique that they used for grocery stores, magazines, etc. and it's essentially playing moneyball with the human psyche. ad industry freaks can tell you poo poo about what makes people buy thing that psychologists cannot explain

e:f;b

Cubone fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 29, 2024

Gwely Mernans
Jun 30, 2017

I'm sorry, I'm part of the problem.

I put these things on for my dog while I'm at work because my house can be creepily quiet if I have the windows closed. He also gets to watch cool wild animals with relaxing piano music all day too sometimes.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Every mr baest thumbnail i see his eyes are too white
Theres nothing there behind those eyes

I dont care if he cures cancer and destroys capitalism
That guy is a demon who feeds on souls

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
as others have said people do infact judge books media by there covers. visual cues are the first bit of info you get and then your brain does its own algo and heuristics to make judgments on THING.

of all the pigeon dance rituals internet people do, this is a reasonable one.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

repiv posted:

if anyone was wondering how much effort goes into optimizing mrbeasts soyface

https://i.imgur.com/X4HmkOn.mp4
Option C with the mouth opening and closing has some real Terry Gilliam animation vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hihohe posted:

Every mr baest thumbnail i see his eyes are too white
Theres nothing there behind those eyes

I dont care if he cures cancer and destroys capitalism
That guy is a demon who feeds on souls

Yeah it's creepy as gently caress I've never watched a Mr Beast video and I don't intend to change that

But for some inexplicable reason there's hundreds of millions of people who eat that poo poo up, his main channel currently has 255 million subscribers and has racked up nearly 80 billion views