Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Saw this today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'm surprised to see Chris Boden still milling about. I forget what the drama was but I think he embezzled a bunch of money from the Geek Group a few years back and was living in a weird room in the Geek Group building. Not to mention the fact that nobody was actually allowed to use the Geek Group machinery or resources.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

He's a bit of a weird guy but I like Marco more than Gordon.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Prurient Squid posted:

I was looking for Harrison Ford baby boy/evil memes and I came across this life hack and I knew where to post it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEAJvuD5JqU

I find rituals like this interesting. It's a coping mechanism for the adult to feel comforted about the baby having/not having 'evil eye'.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Zetsubou-san posted:

Buddy, you're a dry man, prune man
Standing in the street, gonna slake your big thirst someday
You got glass to your face, a big mistake
Waving your water all over the place

I appreciate this.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Julias posted:

Well, should you?

Yes, if you're really desperate.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

PhazonLink posted:

is that another squid game thing, youngs vs olds?

also nothing but white people as far as the eye can see (there might be 3 non white head tips . also one santa on the right)

I think they're all photoshop AI versions of him.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjaNLRP1PKk

My gf watches this guy and I just can't stand his face or his expressions. He has this weird thing where his mouth is always open and he fakes his showing of interest. I don't tell her but I won't watch it when he's on.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Just watched it. Good vid. A lot of those are really new to me compared to when I used to program in assembly back in '93 '94

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

He is actually a seemingly decent guy who fights for right to repair.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

What is it?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

MarcusSA posted:

Mad Max

https://store.steampowered.com/app/234140/Mad_Max/

It’s not amazing but for $5 it’s solid and the setting is fun.

Hmmm, looked at some gameplay. Might buy it when I get home. looks good

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

For a moment I thought I had wandered into the AI thread and that I was going to admonish somebody for their prompts.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I watched this video. I still think it's older than 1999 and the woman who had the site, well, I don't think she was the one who made the gif as she states she downloads the gifs but calls them her art, which was something people did at the time. I remember it from '93 or '94 I'm reasonably sure.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Autechresaint posted:

It’s not from the 7th Guest? That game had all sorts of animated cursors like that

That's a really good guess. The rendering is very similar and there are a bunch of skulls, including a skull cursor. Though I didn't find that graphic, I also noticed the rendering in-game is blurrier than the Doot Doot Skeleton.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Daisy is Luigi's girl and I'll hear nothing different!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I think it's neat that there are young people in their late teens and 20's commenting, playing and making retrospectives on music, media and games from well before they were born. When I was growing up it was just the start of many of these things and we didn't have the forever-culture of today's internet to reflect on.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I understand the long 4-8 hour videos to try and monetize the people who sleep to videos, but 38 hours? Who the gently caress is going to watch that? Comatose patients, wtf? And Beverly Hillbillies? It was memorable only for being on at a time when there was gently caress all to watch.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

John Wick of Dogs posted:

There are 274 episodes of Beverly hillbillies, at around 25 minutes each, that is a total of 114 hours and 10 minutes.

Therefore a mere 38 hours is quite reasonable

Lol, you did the same calculation I did. I was convinced there wasn't 38 hours of the show to watch.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I would agree with it being a scam if it weren't for the fact that they developed hardware and it works (poorly). It's a half-baked idea that has been talked about for years and has had failed implementations in other small parts in other devices. The subscription fee would be for, presumably, the 24/7 connection to a server and running an LLM for your use. I don't think it was done cynically or as a scam, it was just a failure with obvious shortcomings.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

They're entertainers, I'd bet they're pretty busy.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

By popular demand posted:

NGL, I was a lot happier before I learned 'thumbnail artist' is a profession.

How do you feel about sign artists?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

What I hate more is YouTubers that beat around the bush for 5 minutes getting to the topic of their video. There's a music review guy that kept popping up and he would take what felt like 10 minutes of talking in circles to get to the musician he was featuring. I blocked his videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I'll admit, I've watched a couple of recap videos for movies I didn't care to watch but wondered what they were about.