Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
A good chunk of YouTubers taking about YouTube personalities are very cringey. It's bad enough when it's Keem trying to do a Gossip/Helldump, it's even worse when it's people trying to "review the reviewers" (myself circa 2010 included)

I get it, YouTube is now in that "second generation" user, so the rule of nostalgia (current year minus eight, because a 10 year old is "at the peak of childhood" and when they turn 18 they are at the start of "the thing sucks compared to when I'm a kid, remember this?" kicks in)

I just see Quinton as a guy desperate to go on Channel Awesome and now Nebula.

And a good chunk of his material can be taken from something awful threads, especially Garfield Eats.

Also, while I'm sure his politics are good, that post 100k a month chapo Patreon when so many tried to do "leftist analysis" (see, Peter Coffin) is also a time I don't want to be reminded of, because it's just bare minimum LGBTQ Rights and the world is suffering through late stage capitalism, especially antibody trying to make "a living through content creation".

I will, however take that video about wanting the Garfield plush, because even though the vein of irony-poison, I do think he genuinely enjoyed getting an oversized stuffed animal, in a way that felt like a Brutalmoose bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpwJgRWkIUY

And to help:

TelevisedInsanity fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 11, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Today I learned what a yoo tooz is, and it's funko pops of YouTubers????

I understand merch as means for extra income but maaaaaaannn......