Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

:same:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

that blobby gently caress deserved it

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

like he's not loving that hologram plush

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I'm pretty sure it's advertising. There's several channels where I'll tell it I don't like the video and don't like the channel but they'll keep popping up for a week or so then go away for a while. Then again, it's only taken Youtube two months to figure out I don't want 'Gaming - Topic' recommended to me every single day. The algorithm is so unknowable it could be anything down to having this thread in your cookies.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

elon musk is very excited by anime

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

a tree with pronounced breasts.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

you're a wizard harry

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Telebite posted:

man i will tell you, when i am searching for a javascript tutorial video, the one thing i want to know is, what does the guy giving the tutorial look like

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The algorithm sees all.

A week or so ago I off-handedly mentioned Mount & Blade in a thread and just an hour later my recs were filled with Mount & Blade videos, despite that being the only time I've even thought of the game in the last three years. The tutorial-with-coder-face image I posted appeared for me just after the javascript one was posted in this thread.

The machine knows more about you than you ever could.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Don't hotlink images from youtube, it probably counts viewing the thumbnail as getting linked to the video or something.
Alternatively, always hotlink images from youtube if it counts viewing the thumbnail as getting linked to the video :madmax:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

X-Pac is a youtuber?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

EorayMel posted:

I'd link you a video to it but then you would have to watch the video and that would make youtube think you would want only similar quality content from him for no less than a week.

Bonus:

VVV This thread would barely get past page 4 in that case
hey google, how do i ban faces from my eyes

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

thants

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

don't ever question :justpost:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

a horse walks into a bar

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

michael j fox is still yet to save us from our satirical trump presidency timeline.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

a classic

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

that's a large lawn gnome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

that's selection bias rather than editorial opinion.