Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

No... uh, whatever ring that guy drops when you defeat him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bula Vinaka posted:

There's this new trend that I don't get.

So, on channels where the person is sitting at a desk or computer or chair talking and waving their hands about whatever crap they talk about... they have started getting their phones, pointing them at themselves selfie style, then going outside and walking around in a circle, usually in an open, wooded area. They still talk about their crap, but now, they are doing it, whilst walking, outside, in a wooded area, with their phone pointed at them.

Example of this (cause it's the one I most recently saw, but I've been seeing this a lot lately):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UghNU_6jzuA

Is this really supposed to get more views, or maybe make people want to watch more of the video before clicking off of it? Because it makes me want to click off of it immediately.

I think it's because a few popular videos had long tracking shots of people walking through an area while talking on their subject and youtube video makers are incredibly uncreative.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sorry(?) for the small pic but there was no chance in hell I was clicking that video and getting the algorithm to start serving me up related videos.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bossy lady posted:

I feel like this should be much higher than 7. It happens like 4 times in dead space alone.

"390 Times Developers Used the Laziest Plot Device is Video Games"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Wait, what the gently caress?

Fascist Nintendo made all of my favorites! Super Caucasian Bros., Wind Not Woker, and Kirby's Adventure!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Knormal posted:

I have never been so disappointed by a trailer in my life.

A few days ago I was thinking, "Why isn't there a movie about the craziness surrounding getting the rights to Tetris? You don't even have to punch it up to make it more dramatic." And then that trailer shows up and I'm still wondering why there isn't a movie about acquiring the rights to Tetris.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

It'll blow your mind when you find out the answer.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Not watching the video but I'm going to put money on it complaining about removing romance options for child characters.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

One of the fastest "Don't Recommend Channel" hits I've done.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

Please don't put in the newspaper that I got mad about the Mario Bros. movie

I thought that video sounded stupid from the title, then I saw it was an hour and a half long and I knew it was incredibly stupid.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Always nice when YouTube lets me know what channels I should be blocking.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

bossy lady posted:

why does that man have a shelf of toys

He makes videos for YouTube. If he didn't have a shelf of toys behind him, then how would you know that he was an authentic authority?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

SniperWoreConverse posted:

anyone remember banding

No. Even people who played with banding don't remember it because no one understood banding.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

[Starts coveting my neighbor's azelf.]

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The 58:26 is what really makes this.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Putty posted:

hell yeah

I didn't know I wanted Japanese amateur rabbit athletic competitions before the video popped up, and now I don't want anything else.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

129k subscribers, 22 views and most of those are probably from this thread. I suspect foul play.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I thought, "38 minutes doesn't seem like very much for a person known for spinning noise for eight straight hours." Then I took a better look at the time stamp.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

You could take a college course and actually learn something meaningful in the same amount of time they're spending on The Beverly Hillbillies.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

With sponsor block this video is only 14 seconds long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Julias posted:

It's funny going either way

I was trying to figure out the order of events but this is true.