Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ghostlight posted:

he has yet to answer for the bribery scandal

There was a LOT of bribery, dunno if he can answer for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It turns out that people are still making movies using Microsoft Kids 3D Movie Maker in TYOOL 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dixville posted:

Is this the alpha version of the soy boy?

Lactobacillus lads

Fermenty bois

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nobody Interesting posted:

All of that dude's thumbnails own. I'm here for it, people out there need to be kind to their assholes.

https://www.youtube.com/@yourfriendlyproctologist/videos

Never skip sphincter day

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

He's still doing these videos, he's currently doing a series called "Eating raw chicken every day until I get a tummy ache"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nobody Interesting posted:

is that a jar of raw egg in the bottom left

Oh baby he likes it raw

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 1, 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Why did Youtube recommend some random kids' school assignment to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI3Gt4sJ12E

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This channel has been steadily pumping out 20 videos per month for the last 5 years and apart from their top 3 videos which got over 1000 views the rest of their 1,200 videos only have an average of about 70 views each. It looks like a Boomer figured out how to import 90s-era gifs into a video editor back in 2018 and just never stopped

quote:

HEY! OUR CONTENT IS FREE TO LISTEN TO FREE TO WATCH !..
A Channel NOT about money making but AWARENESS..
And By the way The music and vocals on this channel are recreated totally by the band not by the artist as YOU TUBE SEEMS TO THINK! ALSO..
.NOT MONETIZED, PURELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT AND TO SHOW THE TALENT OF THIS BAND ,This Band Is Talented And Work Hard To Get All tunes ,covers and tributes Spot ON THATS HOW GOOD A COVER BAND THEY ARE !
THEIR FOLLOWERS KNOW THIS IS TRUE!

This is their magnum opus :nws:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samovar posted:

I am curiously, albeit hesitantly, intrigued.

It's from a tiny channel that usually only posts about wrestling, anime and action movie fight choreography. He did an April Fools video about musicals and how they all suck (except RRR)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spoiler: you'd likely die, either from suffocating or CO2 poisoning

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tarkus posted:

I understand the long 4-8 hour videos to try and monetize the people who sleep to videos, but 38 hours? Who the gently caress is going to watch that? Comatose patients, wtf? And Beverly Hillbillies? It was memorable only for being on at a time when there was gently caress all to watch.

If you reeeeeeally want to know then the Online Creators thread in RGD has several years of lore about the guy but the basic gist is that he started out as a regular Youtube review guy but got his first big viral hit with a very long video and he just kept leaning into it harder and harder until it got to ridiculous levels

Also that Beverly Hillbillies video is apparently only part 1 of 2

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Putty posted:

thread link doesn't work

That's probably for the best, lol

Go here and do a thread search for 'Quinton'

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Today I learned what a yoo tooz is, and it's funko pops of YouTubers????

I understand merch as means for extra income but maaaaaaannn......

Here's a list of them, there's hundreds and hundreds and hundreds (plus memes and a small number of licenced characters): https://the-youtooz.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Youtooz_Products
I barely recognise any of those youtuber names :shrug:

There also used to be a line of figurines called TUBE HEROES which didn't last long

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

So many people whined about his negative review that he had to post a response, lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QztFpzKsdeA

The MSJ posted:

Can't believe it's actually being made and not just a crowdfunding scam. Maybe it is still a scam, just with too much effort.

The initial cost is $700 to $800 depending on which colour you get but there's an ongoing $24 monthly subscription on top of that so I'm leaning more towards it being a scam.

They desperately wanted to invent a Star Trek communicator AI badge but the tech just isn't good enough yet

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

9m 13s is a suspiciously long time to answer what should be a basic yes/no question so I'm going to assume he did indeed drink the piss and wants everyone to know why

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Etc etc etc etc etc etc ..... this account started in December 2020 and has already posted 4,790 videos, all of them lasting only a few seconds and silently asking for a person to make a specific pop culture costume. A handful of the videos have inexplicably racked up tens of thousands of views but the huge majority of them have next to no views.
https://www.youtube.com/@chaoemperorcostumes/videos

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hope at least one of those is ten hours of "SHAUN!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TontoCorazon posted:

There is actual data that shows the thumbnails matter a decent amount to bring in more views

And in this specific case a viewership increase of only a few percent might gain tens of thousands of dollars in ad revenue, if not more. Plus increases or decreases in views compared to your previous output also directly affects whether the Youtube algorithm increases or decreases the number of recommendations your video will get, and if you drop below your average views too badly Youtube will basically stop featuring your video in the 'recommended' sidebar. There's a metric shitload of advice videos on maximizing your thumbnails for optimum exposure yadda yadda yadda, Youtube tips & tricks videos are practically a cottage industry all on their own

Additionally, if you keep changing your thumbnail around there's also a good chance that some people might assume it's a new video and click on it again. :ssh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hihohe posted:

Every mr baest thumbnail i see his eyes are too white
Theres nothing there behind those eyes

I dont care if he cures cancer and destroys capitalism
That guy is a demon who feeds on souls

Yeah it's creepy as gently caress I've never watched a Mr Beast video and I don't intend to change that

But for some inexplicable reason there's hundreds of millions of people who eat that poo poo up, his main channel currently has 255 million subscribers and has racked up nearly 80 billion views

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PhazonLink posted:

a lot of big tubers also have an editor, it amazing how social media/pop media in general keeps tricking people into thinking these type of entertainment jobs are all one person ops(also ignore the nepo babies using their family wealth to brute force the first few years before they finally grow enough to be self sustaining)

Even mid sized channels have editors and the really big ones often have an entire production team because they're multi-million dollar businesses. The Youtube channel Watcher (made up of ex BuzzFeed people) had over a dozen staff members listed on their last video and they recently announced that they're going to dump Youtube and start their own video subscription platform. (That announcement went ..... poorly.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

2.4 million views :eyepop:

The video is over an hour long so it would've made a ton of $$$$ in ad revenue alone, that's crazy