Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

i dont think kids in military training are active combatants and i most especially do not want cspam host discussions on whether its okay to kill child soldiers or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZtctAwH9eo

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Regarde Aduck posted:

i think hamas probably shot a load of armed settlers but armed settlers aren't civilians. Also from what I heard the settlers got into gun fights with both IDF forces AND each other

in videos from the music festival, taken by israelis that day, you can *hear* the firefights taking place; hamas was shooting, yes, but armed police and security guards were shooting back.

you also see hamas fighters taking weapons off dead israelis, so by the time emergency workers came to pick through the remains it's all "these were unarmed civilians."

hamas likely shot civilians, likely on purpose, but it's equally likely those "civilians" were armed.

edit: actually, shooting an unarmed civilian would be asinine; that's clearly someone you'd take hostage instead.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Al! posted:

prove it

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://x.com/craigcaplan/status/1780349504572584019?s=46

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Irredeemable (but we already know that)

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The House can pass whatever toothless bullshit it wants; not going to stop anyone from using that slogan.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022
Weren't there pictures of Merkava tanks at the festival?

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

BearsBearsBears posted:

yes

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lmfao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The House can pass whatever toothless bullshit it wants; not going to stop anyone from using that slogan.

as a resolution it is literally toothless, all it does is condemn. there's no force of law behind it, it doesnt do anything.

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

BearsBearsBears posted:

video, even! though, I don't think anybody actually *used* this tank outside of hiding behind it? they're armed, you can see multiple cop-looking guys with guns, but i think the tank is just. there. as security theater?

https://x.com/GeoConfirmed/status/1733315829968564254

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

lol at saying ariel sharon was a guy for peace

people say weird things when they're Constipated

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

dam you guys i think the guy who oversaw sabra and shatila was the key to peace!

*Taps the Paul soccer post, emphatically*

Ironically I would never know what you’re talking about but an incredibly traumatized JSOC guy told me that I’ll never understand how the world really works or “why the Arabs hate us” until I knew what those works meant

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Burn Zone posted:

people say weird things when they're Constipated

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
It's my opinion, and the position of Hamas, that it is bad to kill Israeli children.

This guy is like 100 but he's a corporal, which I think we covered was the lowest possible rank after training. He must be the worst soldier in Israel's history.

Vox Nihili posted:

If someone tricks an idiot into posting epic war gore they'll get to share their fate, we don't want that poo poo here.

People have posted evidence that the idf intentionally killed Israeli civilians during al-Aqsa flood without posting gore. You seem to think this can't work the other way around, that the only possible proof of Hamas or other Palestinian militant groups intentionally killing civilians would include gore. I disagree.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Weka posted:

This guy is like 100 but he's a corporal, which I think we covered was the lowest possible rank after training. He must be the worst soldier in Israel's history.
he died of old age a few weeks later like the mgs3 boss

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Some people have said Hamas etc likely killed non-combatants by accident. That's largely irrelevant for our purposes here. What is important is if they killed non-combatants intentionally.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Weka posted:

It's my opinion, and the position of Hamas, that it is bad to kill Israeli children.

People have posted evidence that the idf intentionally killed Israeli civilians during al-Aqsa flood without posting gore. You seem to think this can't work the other way around, that the only possible proof of Hamas or other Palestinian militant groups intentionally killing civilians would include gore. I disagree.

calm Aurangzeb

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Didn't some UN lady basically say that people resisting subjugation and oppression are not bound by such things?

I do not condone such actions just trying to clarify.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i dont really know anything about Aurangzeb but i searched "muslim hitler" and this is what i got

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

How many civilians has Hamas killed since Oct 7? How many has the IDF killed? What's the point in trying to paint Hamas as terrorists if it very obviously isn't true?

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
hey it stops folks talking about the last playground the entity bombed

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Al! posted:

i dont really know anything about Aurangzeb but i searched "muslim hitler" and this is what i got

muslim hitler is actually the grand mufti of jerusalem, who gave hitler the idea for the holocaust

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://twitter.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1780405902665019539

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

Weka posted:

Some people have said Hamas etc likely killed non-combatants by accident. That's largely irrelevant for our purposes here. What is important is if they killed non-combatants intentionally.

lol

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

did they already stop talking about the mass grave?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

They said it was due to threats of violence directed at her? Wild.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

they key to war crimes is to do lots of them in fast succession; gets the job done faster and also makes everybody's heads spin

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Weka posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if you do crimes constantly no one will have time to investigate them all

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

when did they start?

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

in retrospect it was pretty lovely timing to have a rave within walking distance of the world's largest concentration camp

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Honky Mao posted:

How many civilians has Hamas killed since Oct 7? How many has the IDF killed? What's the point in trying to paint Hamas as terrorists if it very obviously isn't true?

To change the topic to avoid the reality that Israel is a Nazi regime committing a genocide against largely defenseless children via intentional starvation.

Anyone trying to both sides this at this point is a sick gently caress

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Spoondick posted:

in retrospect it was pretty lovely timing to have a rave within walking distance of the world's largest concentration camp

rave of interest

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

How is it even possible to become a corporal in the IDF I figured half the platoon are sergeants by boot camp graduation

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

RadiRoot posted:

did they already stop talking about the mass grave?

Which one lol

No im not lol’ing actually I’m dti’ing

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Crazypoops posted:

rave of interest

Holy poo poo

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

If someone tricks an idiot into posting epic war gore they'll get to share their fate, we don't want that poo poo here.

speaking from the standpoint of rules, this is not a good one

however there is a good rule in the OP already to a related point

quote:

- Don't center conversations around hosed up death/gore content you've watched offsite. It's not evidence for whatever point you think you're trying to make, it's just rotting your brain.

- Do not request or post about instructions on how to find gross content off-site either.

speng31b has issued a correction as of 04:16 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

lobster shirt posted:

as a resolution it is literally toothless, all it does is condemn. there's no force of law behind it, it doesnt do anything.

it establishes the norm that it qualifies as prosecutable hate speech, which is the (adl's) point.