Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

RealityWarCriminal posted:

it doesnt matter, nothing will stop the us

thermodynamics will :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

:psyduck:

What the gently caress kind of deal..? Israel instigated one thing, it's not a compromise for them to do the other thing they want to do.

Israel said unlikely to respond to Iran before end of Passover * US leads 48 countries at UN in condemning Iranian attack * G7 finance chiefs pledge close coordination on Tehran sanctions

Egyptian officials tell a Qatari outlet that the US has accepted Israel’s plan for an operation in the southern Gaza city of Rafah, in return for not carrying out a large strike in Iran in response to Tehran’s unprecedented missile and drone attack.

“The American administration showed acceptance of the plan previously presented by the occupation government regarding the military operation in Rafah, in exchange for not carrying out a large-scale attack against Iran,” an unnamed official tells Al-Araby Al-Jadeed.

The Egyptian officials tells the outlet that preparations are underway so that Egypt can deal with any possible impact of the planned operation.

Four Hamas battalions are believed to be stationed in Rafah along with over a million civilians sheltering there after fleeing fighting in other parts of the Strip. Rafah is also thought to be where Hamas leaders are hidden, possibly along with Israeli hostages.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has several times claimed to have approved plans for a Rafah operation and more recently said that a date has been decided for the launch.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lol what

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I am finally feel that I have a grasp on how loving atrociously imbecile fascism can get

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The comments are even more confusing (and less self aware):

Go into Rafah
Retaliate against Iran. We can't let them think they can attack us and not pay the consequences. Attacking Israel ( a sovereign country) is an act of war. There should be no appeasement.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

US bending over backwards to let it's insane vassal do a public genocide

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The Egyptian officials tells the outlet that preparations are underway so that Egypt can deal with any possible impact of the planned operation.

wow thanks egypt its not like youre an arab country or muslims or anything to make you decide to do something to prevent this.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"
loving Christ of course

It's somehow always worse

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Per Haaretz, it seems like stuff is really screwy in Israel. Idk if this is madman theory, or the genuine article,

Report: Israel cancelled two retaliation plans against Iran this week; unlikely to respond until after Passover

Israel is unlikely to carry out a strike on Iran until after Passover, a senior U.S. official told ABC News, although that could always change.

The Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and other leadership are still on a high state of alert, with some in safe houses and underground facilities, the official said.

Three Israeli sources also told ABC News that Israel prepared for and then aborted retaliatory strikes on at least two nights this week. According to them, the war cabinet has been present with a number of different options, including attacking Iranian proxies not on Iranian soil, or a potential cyberattack.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

how about another yemen-hezbollah-iran-iraq coordinated salvo

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

wow thanks egypt its not like youre an arab country or muslims or anything to make you decide to do something to prevent this.

they're capitalist. the other stuff is flavoring at best, more likely imperfections to be smoothed or excised.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zodium posted:

they're capitalist. the other stuff is flavoring at best, more likely imperfections to be smoothed or excised.

bout that, Algeria surely could bring back some of that M-L revolutionary tendency for this

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

also israels about to be surprised when they commit another horrific genocide in rafah on the scale not seen in moden history only for them to realize theyre no where near beating hamas even after all that.

right now this is a revenge genocide to try and make up for their lack of success militarily, and america is the direct sponsor of this. this is just killing civilians for its own sake at this point.

in any case, this might also be propaganda to try and pressure hamas to come to a deal in the negotiations so lets see.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Marenghi posted:

Hope they attack them and see how Iran responds when they're not holding back.
Wipe Zionazi Israel from the map and save Palestine from genocide.

Israel will 100 percent deploy their supposedly non-existent nukes if they think they're going to lose that badly.

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"
My very uneducated guess would be that Israel has surmised that the US would not fully join in on the Iran retaliation, at least not yet

Might as well negotiate a lil side atrocity while you wait for the optics winds to shift

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

What the gently caress kind of deal..? Israel instigated one thing, it's not a compromise for them to do the other thing they want to do.

Israel said unlikely to respond to Iran before end of Passover * US leads 48 countries at UN in condemning Iranian attack * G7 finance chiefs pledge close coordination on Tehran sanctions

Egyptian officials tell a Qatari outlet that the US has accepted Israel’s plan for an operation in the southern Gaza city of Rafah, in return for not carrying out a large strike in Iran in response to Tehran’s unprecedented missile and drone attack.

“The American administration showed acceptance of the plan previously presented by the occupation government regarding the military operation in Rafah, in exchange for not carrying out a large-scale attack against Iran,” an unnamed official tells Al-Araby Al-Jadeed.

Four Hamas battalions are believed to be stationed in Rafah along with over a million civilians sheltering there after fleeing fighting in other parts of the Strip. Rafah is also thought to be where Hamas leaders are hidden, possibly along with Israeli hostages.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has several times claimed to have approved plans for a Rafah operation and more recently said that a date has been decided for the launch.

This is a joke, right

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Chunky Salsa posted:

My very uneducated guess would be that Israel has surmised that the US would not fully join in on the Iran retaliation, at least not yet

Might as well negotiate a lil side atrocity while you wait for the optics winds to shift

yeah my current read is that a rafah operation isnt gonna happen right now but theyll try to scare hamas into signing a poo poo deal by making alot of noise about doing it because they're too weak/pussy to strike Iran.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

So, Israel attacks the Iranian embassy to secure US support, knowing only the threat of war with Iran can bail them out, Israel predictably uses Iranian response for a pity party, Israel then threatens US with further escalation, which would require further bailing Israel out, if the US doesn't allow Israel to do the thing they had no support for prior to escalating with Iran, is that about right? Crybully behaviour.

Israel reportedly deploys extra weapons for assumed Rafah offensive
IDF confirms buying thousands of tents for evacuation, raising fears over long-threatened attack

Israel has reportedly deployed extra artillery and armoured personnel carriers to the Gaza Strip periphery, suggesting that the military is preparing for its long-threatened ground offensive on Rafah, the only place of relative safety for at least 1.4 million displaced Palestinian civilians.

Israeli daily Ma’ariv also said on Wednesday that troops had been put on alert and “the governing principle of the operation” had been approved by the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) general staff and Yoav Gallant, the defence minister. The IDF declined to comment on the reports.

The IDF confirmed on Tuesday it was buying 40,000 tents to prepare for the evacuation of hundreds of thousands of displaced civilians who have sought shelter in Rafah, the southernmost town in the Gaza Strip, which is only major urban area in the territory that Israeli ground forces have not yet entered.

The new operation in the six-month war against the Palestinian militant group Hamas will reportedly focus first on securing northern and central Gaza, particularly the string of refugee camps around the town of Deir al-Balah, Ma’ariv said.

It comes 10 days after Israel withdrew the bulk of its ground forces from the strip, leaving one division to man the Netzarim Corridor, the Israeli-built buffer that now divides the coastal territory.

But Palestinians on the ground said there had been a renewed presence of Israeli ground troops in northern Gaza this week, including in Beit Hanoun, where tanks surrounded school buildings where displaced people were sheltering.

Overnight, Israeli airstrikes hit Rafah and several other urban areas. Wafa, the Palestinian news agency, said six people were killed in the bombing of a market in Gaza City. The IDF said it had hit more than 40 targets, including a cell operating an armed drone and rocket launcher sites.

Israel has said for weeks it is going to launch a ground operation into the last corner of Gaza that has not seen fierce ground fighting, despite intense opposition from its closest allies, including the US. Israel says that Hamas’s leadership, and Israeli hostages, are also in Rafah, along with four battalions of fighters.

As of Tuesday, the US state department said it had still not been briefed in detail on Israel’s “plans for evacuation or humanitarian considerations’’ of the potential operation. Any major ground operation in Rafah will almost certainly need to be coordinated with Washington and Cairo, given the town’s sensitive position on the Egyptian border.

The reported preparations for an offensive come against a backdrop of stalling internationally mediated ceasefire talks, as well as heightened tensions between Israel and Iran following Tehran’s first ever direct attack on the Jewish state, which took the form of a salvo of more than 300 missiles and drones fired in Israel’s direction over the weekend.

Israel’s war cabinet is now focused on weighing up how to respond to Iran, but the government has also repeatedly insisted the Rafah operation will go ahead.

On Wednesday, Qatar’s prime minister and foreign minister, Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, said negotiations aimed at a ceasefire and release of Israeli hostages had once again hit a “stumbling block”.

Israel and Hamas have been unable to agree on the conditions and length of a ceasefire and the identities and numbers of Israeli hostages to be released in exchange for freeing Palestinians held in Israel jails. A ceasefire held at the end of November collapsed after a week.

Since then, the humanitarian crisis in Gaza has become steadily worse: Israel has destroyed almost all the strip’s healthcare facilities and famine is now present in some areas.

International pressure on Israel to increase the flow of aid to Gaza in the wake of the 1 April killing of a team of international aid workers has “increased and quite dramatically” in the last few days, White House national security spokesperson John Kirby said on Monday. A single bakery in Gaza City was able to open for the first time in months earlier this week, drawing crowds who waited for hours.

Since aid, to an extent, is leverage that Israel no longer holds in the hostage-release talks, an operation in Rafah may be a way to increase pressure on Hamas at the negotiating table, said Amos Harel, a military and defence analyst and writer for Israeli daily Haaretz.

“Biden has been telling Bibi that he can’t invade Rafah, so it may be that we see a smaller incursion over a limited time period in which Israel hits the Hamas battalions hard and then withdraws,” he said, using a well-known moniker for the Israel prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.

At least 34,000 Palestinians have been killed in Israel’s latest war against Hamas, triggered by the Palestinian militant group’s 7 October attack in which 1,200 Israelis were killed and about 250 taken hostage.

Israel has been strongly criticised by Palestinians and the rest of the world for launching an unprecedented war in Gaza without any plan for the “day after” the conflict.

On Wednesday, Israeli media reported that the US was holding talks with Arab states aimed at creating a “multinational transitional authority” that would be responsible for governing and rebuilding the strip for the next five years as part of steps towards international recognition of a Palestinian state.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Israel will 100 percent deploy their supposedly non-existent nukes if they think they're going to lose that badly.

wouldn't it be funny if neoliberal rot took over maintenance just like it happened with idf stuff

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Oh nevermind, it's probably real since the US president is this loving guy, I forgot. Jesus christ

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1780833985091788851?t=nkR4YkbMEBgo1ByY0zurSg&s=19

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

On Wednesday, Israeli media reported that the US was holding talks with Arab states aimed at creating a “multinational transitional authority” that would be responsible for governing and rebuilding the strip for the next five years as part of steps towards international recognition of a Palestinian state.

this is pure huff-cope from israeli media. the arab regimes would never stick their necks out that much.

israel wants arab regimes to do for them what they cant-suppress freedom. but the issue is that arab regimes are notoriously really bad at doing anything other than oppressing their people. so they're gonna fail.

maybe the emirates but they'll be destroyed in short order.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 06:54 on Apr 18, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

yeah my current read is that a rafah operation isnt gonna happen right now but theyll try to scare hamas into signing a poo poo deal by making alot of noise about doing it because they're too weak/pussy to strike Iran.

I think they couldn't do it before this past weekend, the world's patience with them had run out, but by sparking a confrontation with Iran, they got enough diplomatic cover to go ahead with Rafah?

It seems like Israel keeps getting what they want through making the situation worse. It's like disaster capitalism as statecraft.

Al-Saqr posted:

this is pure huff-cope from israeli media. the arab regimes would never stick their necks out that much.

maybe the emirates but they'll be destroyed in short order.

Maybe this is where last weekend comes into play again. Thanks to Israel's actions, the Arab regimes just participated in a major air operation to protect Israel.

If they keep chaining everyone to them, Israel builds a coalition. Through bullying, leverage, and threatening to make the situation worse, but they did get support after instigating with Iran. What's the threshold, do you think, for "stick your necks out for this participation in an occupation government or we start a war with Iran?"

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 06:56 on Apr 18, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I think they couldn't do it before this past weekend, the world's patience with them had run out, but by sparking a confrontation with Iran, they got enough diplomatic cover to go ahead with Rafah?

It seems like Israel keeps getting what they want through making the situation worse. It's like disaster capitalism as statecraft.

If they keep chaining everyone to them, Israel builds a coalition. Through bullying, leverage, and threatening to make the situation worse, but they did get support after instigating with Iran. What's the threshold, do you think, for "stick your necks out for this participation in an occupation government or we start a war with Iran?"

lets see what happens. i hope for peoples sake rafah isnt going to happen but anything is possible with the white nazis.

I dont know what the threshhold is. after what happened in Gaza i dont believe in arabs as a body politic anymore, we've been turned into passive slave sheep. so indont know where the bottom of the barrel is.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 06:59 on Apr 18, 2024

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

dead gay comedy forums posted:

I am finally feel that I have a grasp on how loving atrociously imbecile fascism can get

I guess they call it the death drive for a reason.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

My guess is Israel attacks rafah since they've spent some time being rearmed and reloaded by the west then when they've killed a lot more civilians with no effect on hamas they also attack Iran to keep drawing America and Europe back in

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Al-Saqr posted:

lets see what happens. i hope for peoples sake rafah isnt going to happen but anything is possible with the white nazis.

It's like someone threatening to kill themselves to get their way, I guess. They know the US and Arab states have to defend them, so if they keep ramping things up with Iran, or threatening to, maybe they figured out a way to get what they want at every turn? "Oh you won't provide military support eh? Now you have to, to protect us from Iran." "You won't participate in this PA government thing because of the consequences? Wouldn't the consequences of war with Iran (which we'd start) be worse? Better get in line."

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It's like someone threatening to kill themselves to get their way, I guess. They know the US and Arab states have to defend them, so if they keep ramping things up with Iran, or threatening to, maybe they figured out a way to get what they want at every turn? "Oh you won't provide military support eh? Now you have to, to protect us from Iran." "You won't participate in this PA government thing because of the consequences? Wouldn't the consequences of war with Iran (which we'd start) be worse? Better get in line."

they could always develop their own policies and interests but i guess that would go against the whole point of them being puppet collaborator regimes.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Communist Thoughts posted:

My guess is Israel attacks rafah since they've spent some time being rearmed and reloaded by the west then when they've killed a lot more civilians with no effect on hamas they also attack Iran to keep drawing America and Europe back in

Attacking Rafah would look bad, be unpopular, and Israels crimes would make world headlines. A cynical person who knows how to play the western media, might suppose that attacking Iran around the same time solves all three problems. All of the media priors and imperatives mean Israel will be made to look great if Iran retaliates on it. Israel's crimes in the present won't just be ignored but in the past too as the media feels that part of their duty in "defending" Israel is defending the narrative and positive image too. Israels crimes would be totally ignored.

So, attacking Iran, or threatening to, per the Israeli calculation, leads to a blowup and bailout as the west would be forced to act, and being forced to act, would be forced to manufacture consent on Israels behalf, rewrite history so their actions are defensive, and by extension Israel's too.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

only adding further stresses against their own interests

like, Iran is part of belt and road. Xi turns the big red Mao Zedong dial 5% and watch Iran's economy turbocharge

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

apparently hezbollah pulled off a a major bombardment of an israeli surveillance post in the north, wounding 19 people

===

Number of Israeli injured in Aramshes rises to 19

The number of people injured by the Lebanese Hezbollah shelling of Aramashe on Wednesday rose to 19, the Israeli broadcaster said.

Hezbollah had launched a rocket and drone attack on a military reconnaissance company headquarters in the western Galilee town of Arab Aramsha near the border with Lebanon.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31591;&%231602;

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Iran should just announced that any operation carried out against Rafah will be as if it were carried out against Iran and see just how deterred the Israelis are.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

its the royce dupont negotiations method https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sqHvPEFUrc4

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Weka posted:

Sweden recognized Palestine in 2014 so I wouldn't be surprised if Djibouti ports is correct.

Djibouti?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=232452

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/matthew_petti/status/1780847555649126761

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
Israel can have a "little" more genocide, as a treat

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

DTI, DTA.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
"Okay fine you can have a little more genocide as long as you agree not to drag us into WWIII."

:fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff::fuckoff:

I say again: there is no hell hot enough, no punishment worse enough, no judgement harsh enough.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Just looked at the BBC's news page on Gaza and gently caress me: the bias towards Israel couldn't be any more open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
I sure wish actions start to have consequences some time soon