Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it seems it’s of upmost importance that israel is seen to have hit last, presumably because the knuckle dragger that is the average israeli voter has no sense of object permanence

iran on the other hand had just completely stressed the combined air defence of the eastern mediterranean to its breaking point

it’s like two completely different wars are going on here it’s nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Just join me in believing the aliens/gods theory. I don't really know if it's factual or not, but it's probably truer than most reddit posts, and is more fun than vomiting blood.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Jonah Galtberg posted:

zodium, thank you

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Iran is establishing a status quo at the moment, they hit Israel and Israeli hit them back even weaker than they hit. Going into Rafah would be an escalation that Iran would need to deal with especially if it leads to mass ethnic cleansing.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Orbs posted:

Just join me in believing the aliens/gods theory. I don't really know if it's factual or not, but it's probably truer than most reddit posts, and is more fun than vomiting blood.

I mean it's been proven that the aliens were the original inspiration for 'God' and the solution is to grab a gun and destroy the aliens/god I learned this from the smash hit documentary Earth Defence Force 5

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

One of my favorite little details Will Menaker noticed from this film is how at this point in the war, the fascist Super Earth propaganda plays this for laughs, but near the end, they have literal child recruits at the training camp.

Very Volkssturm.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean we know this here but reddit is obsessed with saying praying mantis over over again, thinking its the same Iranian navy as in the 80s and that Iran hasn't modernized in any capacity; the west needs to be humbled

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

PhilippAchtel posted:

One of my favorite little details Will Menaker noticed from this film is how at this point in the war, the fascist Super Earth propaganda plays this for laughs, but near the end, they have literal child recruits at the training camp.

Very Volkssturm.

it's so awesome. I cant believe that paul verhoeven managed to get away with making that film, it's such an accurate insight into what it's like being propagandized to by a fascist country that's actively losing the war.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Klendathu ftw

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Don't forget all the exciting new wonder weapons in that same epilogue, that most definitely aren't satire of a certain regime's wunderwaffe...

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Al-Saqr posted:

it's so awesome. I cant believe that paul verhoeven managed to get away with making that film, it's such an accurate insight into what it's like being propagandized to by a fascist country that's actively losing the war.

He got away with it because execs and audiences missed what little nuance is there.

You have to turn to the audience and say "this is bad, these are bad ideas you should not aspire to" after every scene

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Ardennes posted:

Iran is establishing a status quo at the moment, they hit Israel and Israeli hit them back even weaker than they hit. Going into Rafah would be an escalation that Iran would need to deal with especially if it leads to mass ethnic cleansing.

If Israel launch an attack in Rafah, can Iran send say 100 slow Shahed over to Israeli air bases to tight up Israel's air force? I don't know how much Israel rely on manned planes to shoot down the loitering drones. Those drones take 4? hours to travel to Israel so its going to keep Israel busy for a while.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Bibi before we go any further we need you to be absolutely clear which fake images and which manufactured reality you are referring to

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Jonah Galtberg posted:

goons and redditors seem to share whatever mental illness it is that makes people confidently pop off with absolutely zero knowledge of a situation. such as iran being bitchmade for not starting ww3 over a couple of drones that didn't do anything. i wish i was a better wordsmith so i could better describe this mindset. it's like some really weird kind of pigheadedness and it makes me want to vomit blood

Poppers posted:

Nice forum

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Al-Saqr posted:

critics at the time thought it was a genuine pro fascist movie lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
it was and it still holds up

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Also this is a NAFO carrier getting missiled by Ansar Allah metaphor.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015

Jonah Galtberg posted:

goons and redditors seem to share whatever mental illness it is that makes people confidently pop off with absolutely zero knowledge of a situation. such as iran being bitchmade for not starting ww3 over a couple of drones that didn't do anything. i wish i was a better wordsmith so i could better describe this mindset. it's like some really weird kind of pigheadedness and it makes me want to vomit blood

Making a feeling of control in an uncertain information setting by sensemaking from poor or incomplete information.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Interesting developments overnight

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1781276760354521539

Make me think that rumor of this being entirely the US move to intentionally make a weak rear end attack as a PR move is true after all

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

My unhinged, rage fueled denial of acting like a Nazi has a lot of people asking questions about whether I’m acting like a Nazi

Also, isn’t it legally antisemitism in Germany to talk to bibi this way?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Mr Hootington posted:

Interesting developments overnight

Big win for the “nothing happens” contingent

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

He got away with it because execs and audiences missed what little nuance is there.

You have to turn to the audience and say "this is bad, these are bad ideas you should not aspire to" after every scene

And yet with the release of the video game Helldivers 2, a game that cribs heavily from the film but with even less nuance, large swaths of the west think it celebrates their fascist ideals and unironically agree with everything said in the movie

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Meadowhill posted:

Making a feeling of control in an uncertain information setting by sensemaking from poor or incomplete information.

i understand the impulse to speculate but some mfs just can’t go without making assertions of fact before the smoke clears.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

i understand the impulse to speculate but some mfs just can’t go without making assertions of fact before the smoke clears.

this isn’t even unique to something awful

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Jonah Galtberg posted:

This is entirely true. However, your pissing and whining about it is worse and makes me vomit blood.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Homeless Friend posted:

its called posting. Now, are you with us son?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Israel moved on Iran like a bitch

(looking at flag) when your a star, you can do anything. they let you do it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

And yet with the release of the video game Helldivers 2, a game that cribs heavily from the film but with even less nuance, large swaths of the west think it celebrates their fascist ideals and unironically agree with everything said in the movie

people always complain about satire not working or not being worth it, but the fact is that "The West" as an orientation is inherently fascist, and anyone who self-identifies as a Westerner is one minor annoyance away from demanding a great cleansing. Just for example, Arrowhead Studios is based in Stockholm and Helldivers 2 makes Stockholm the capital of Super Earth by renaming it Prosperity City. As like a "joke." But Sweden was in a lot of ways the ultimate beneficiary of global imperialism. They got to profit directly off of the American security umbrella without having to contribute anything to it themselves, until Russia invaded Ukraine and suddenly Sweden's political leadership wants to become junior partners to the country that blew its military wad getting millions of Muslims killed for no gain. Even the ironic distance of liberal moralism comes from the heart of Western fascism.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jonah Galtberg posted:

i understand the impulse to kramer into a thread 2 days after the dust has settled and laughing at people who live posted the wrong news as it happened, but i don't understand vomiting blood over it, can you explain that part

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"Report from France: A man is threatening to blow himself up in the Iranian consulate in Paris, police forces are on the scene"

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1781293656646820331?t=REZ953wc3-7GlQ31HoB2ZA&s=19

What

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Sancho Banana posted:

"Report from France: A man is threatening to blow himself up in the Iranian consulate in Paris, police forces are on the scene"

https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1781293656646820331?t=REZ953wc3-7GlQ31HoB2ZA&s=19

What

oh thats me sorry

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

vomiting blood makes sense if you've been reading reddit

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

FirstnameLastname posted:

oh thats me sorry

merde

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I was prepared to write off Helldivers 2 as a cheap ST knockoff that misses the point/doesn't do anything with it, but it actually works the movies' vibes into the game itself in a shockingly coherent way, and it utilizes a bunch of more recent fascist quirks pretty well (particularly that the robot/bug retaliations are described as unprovoked, despite the fact that you're literally invading & genociding their worlds)

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

Truga posted:

i understand the impulse to kramer into a thread 2 days after the dust has settled and laughing at people who live posted the wrong news as it happened, but i don't understand vomiting blood over it, can you explain that part

probably he's disgusted not at the fact that people make mistakes, but that many people itt err in the same direction: lusting for full scale war with Iran but woke because they're on Iran's side, you see, despite their accidental birth in the country that won't be getting its cities leveled

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

people always complain about satire not working or not being worth it, but the fact is that "The West" as an orientation is inherently fascist, and anyone who self-identifies as a Westerner is one minor annoyance away from demanding a great cleansing. Just for example, Arrowhead Studios is based in Stockholm and Helldivers 2 makes Stockholm the capital of Super Earth by renaming it Prosperity City. As like a "joke." But Sweden was in a lot of ways the ultimate beneficiary of global imperialism. They got to profit directly off of the American security umbrella without having to contribute anything to it themselves, until Russia invaded Ukraine and suddenly Sweden's political leadership wants to become junior partners to the country that blew its military wad getting millions of Muslims killed for no gain. Even the ironic distance of liberal moralism comes from the heart of Western fascism.

:yeah:

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Neurolimal posted:

I was prepared to write off Helldivers 2 as a cheap ST knockoff that misses the point/doesn't do anything with it, but it actually works the movies' vibes into the game itself in a shockingly coherent way, and it utilizes a bunch of more recent fascist quirks pretty well (particularly that the robot/bug retaliations are described as unprovoked, despite the fact that you're literally invading & genociding their worlds)

Last time I played I heard a news clips about “unprovoked attacks and aggression on peaceful settlements” located on the robot’s homeworld lol. Very Oct 7th NYT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

the Helldivers 2 community actually "gets it" in a way most player bases don't

https://twitter.com/fallenspherell/status/1780627196882952393?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA