Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Al! posted:

toxx itt if you would enlist if the us went to war with israel

With which side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

speng31b posted:

you best start believing in kramer stories......yer in one!

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Al! posted:

rare example of the quote in context making it worse

given bibi's history that really reads like "unlike the holocaust which was fake and never happened, we're actually doing industrial-scale slaughter of civilians."

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

speng31b posted:

you best start believing in kramer stories......yer in one!

*israeli guy steps into the light revealing he's in blackface*

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

ram dass in hell posted:

wow I can't believe you would speculate based off incomplete information like this...so irresponsible...

it's not irresponsible. but it is gbs aids

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

sullat posted:

Yeah back when Mossad was deciding who to invite to Epstein island he wasn't chosen because they figured he was a loser who had no political future.

They were right. It was impossible for them to pre-figure the Bernie movement and how Democratic leadership would circle the wagons around Biden just because he was in the Obama administration.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

They were right. It was impossible for them to pre-figure the Bernie movement and how Democratic leadership would circle the wagons around Biden just because he was in the Obama administration.

lol that bernie did more damage to the empire than trump (so far)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's truly remarkable the total lack of any kind of vision for the future among First World leaders. Everybody is going through the motions as events come with no sense of how to actually navigate material and historical forces to achieve any kind of agenda. The Western mind is enamored with the idea of an eternal presentism where their superiority is guaranteed without even having to do anything. You see it all the time with the way the Biden administration has dealt with Israel. The one thing we want more than anything else is for Israel to cut this poo poo out and go back to normal, but we're not willing to exercise any leverage to actually make that happen because the philosemitism is so thoroughly baked in to Western assumptions that we can't even conceive of telling the Israelis "no."

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Putting an old racist white guy on the presidential ticket just to balance out the black guy didn't turn out so good in the long run.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Zodium posted:

it's not irresponsible. but it is gbs aids

so is signing yr posts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Truga posted:

lol that bernie did more damage to the empire than trump (so far)

yeah, bernie voted for the 9/11 aumf

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's truly remarkable the total lack of any kind of vision for the future among First World leaders. Everybody is going through the motions as events come with no sense of how to actually navigate material and historical forces to achieve any kind of agenda. The Western mind is enamored with the idea of an eternal presentism where their superiority is guaranteed without even having to do anything. You see it all the time with the way the Biden administration has dealt with Israel. The one thing we want more than anything else is for Israel to cut this poo poo out and go back to normal, but we're not willing to exercise any leverage to actually make that happen because the philosemitism is so thoroughly baked in to Western assumptions that we can't even conceive of telling the Israelis "no."

anyone capable of parsing this post is filtered out long before they are permitted anywhere near positions of power

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Cassian of Imola posted:

I say, posters seem to be lusting for war with Iran.

Stephenthinkpad replies to explain that they want war with Iran because

I didn't make up this absurd tradeoff! I wouldn't have thought of this argument for a war between the US and Iran in a million years! I'm reading his literal words! Am I missing a joke? Is he being sarcastic?

that just seems like hes saying this is what would probably happen if a war popped off, there def are other idiots in here that probably want it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Cassian of Imola posted:

I say, posters seem to be lusting for war with Iran.

Stephenthinkpad replies to explain that they want war with Iran because

I didn't make up this absurd tradeoff! I wouldn't have thought of this argument for a war between the US and Iran in a million years! I'm reading his literal words! Am I missing a joke? Is he being sarcastic?
you did make it up lol. That guy said a war with Iran would also lead to Ukraine falling and would accelerate the end of the Amerikan empire (his very next sentence which you've not included in your quote).

You replied to ask how many dead iranians was worth "expanding Russian territory," something nobody was talking about or cares about. he was talking about the overturning of the world's present power structure. Certainly there are responses one could make to the given talking point like "a world war would be bad imo" or "the US and Israel would not go out this way without sending the world into nuclear winter." But you just came in with something off the wall

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The world waits for Iranian action.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
So, I saw the news and Iran into the thread to post

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Nonsense posted:

The world waits for Iranian action.

We waitin’

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

US hegemony is completely on autopilot. The only long term strategy is attempting to preserve and expand that hegemony, and even that isn't done with particular effectiveness. As we've seen with the Biden admin speed running US decline these past 6 months.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The US hegemony went into the setting of "we won" and concluded "now we can do whatever we want, wherever we want, forever" and took very long to clue in to them not, in fact, having won forever. It has lost all memory of how it won in the first place and everyone who can do anything only knows how to do the "whatever we want, wherever we want" things and not the "winning" things.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
it's funny that israel knows they'd get their poo poo pushed in so limited their retaliation to a few bottlerockets, "ok we get it you made your point but we still have pamps to poop"

anyone wanting a fullscale war won't have to wait long anyway, since israel is constitutionally incapable of being told 'no' and will do something stupid against iran soon enough. they just can't help themselves.

e: I mean bombing another high-ranking iranian official in lebanon or syria because they're so used to being allowed to do whatever they want it won't even occur to them that there might be severe consequences this time.

Harik has issued a correction as of 16:13 on Apr 19, 2024

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i for one do not want a war, unless it actually saves Gaza. otherwise its just piling more death and destruction on top of the genocide.

WoodrowSkillson has issued a correction as of 16:18 on Apr 19, 2024

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

israel will keep trying till they get what they want, is my general guess they need their regional war because they need big daddy burger master to do the fighting for them

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Orange Devil posted:

The US hegemony went into the setting of "we won" and concluded "now we can do whatever we want, wherever we want, forever" and took very long to clue in to them not, in fact, having won forever. It has lost all memory of how it won in the first place and everyone who can do anything only knows how to do the "whatever we want, wherever we want" things and not the "winning" things.

yeah the fall of the soviet union was also the end of the american project. everyone with any historical consciousness hosed off to epstein island and left their idiot failchildren to tend to the actual work of administering empire

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rofl

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

i think it's because the more intelligent and conscientious western elites see the writing on the wall with climate change and decided overseeing collapse is perhaps not so rewarding an enterprise, so we're left with opportunistic sociopaths and idiots looking for quick solutions to immediate problems at the expense of everything else

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

my "not like a nazi" shirt have alot of people asking questions?!?!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

HallelujahLee posted:

israel will keep trying till they get what they want, is my general guess they need their regional war because they need big daddy burger master to do the fighting for them
Rafah is the last step on their obliteration of Gaza warpath, but they've been stuck with this one nail left unhammered for the last month or so, and therefore have been able to set all their yearning on that.

If they've completely destroyed every sector of Gaza, though, what do they do? They won't have successfully diminished Hamas, or have brought home the hostages. They'll have two choices:

1) Negotiate the final ceasefire with Hamas
2) The next war

From what we've seen from Israel, what should we expect?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Spoondick posted:

i think it's because the more intelligent and conscientious western elites see the writing on the wall with climate change and decided overseeing collapse is perhaps not so rewarding an enterprise, so we're left with opportunistic sociopaths and idiots looking for quick solutions to immediate problems at the expense of everything else
i think it's because every institution everywhere is completely captured by wealth and power and thus has had its functions redirected to serve wealth and power in the short-term. our political parties, the media, academia, everything. anyone who wants to stave off the climate collapse or even the collapse of western dominance by actually running a state or economy with some competence has to fight through these forces at every single level. thus even the motivated and successful few that get in a position to attempt this are stymied and victimized, and everyone else is the collaborator and grifter and profiteer that you laid out.

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 16:50 on Apr 19, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzAgGWSm_gU

I love Balochis and Pathans so much it's unreal.

America never had anything like the ICS, or the culture to produce ICS men and District Officers. Why would you ever do something like that when you could go into finance instead? Every time I meet a new product manager for General Motors Defence they said they used to be at State or used to be at DoD, and it seems clear that as soon as a private sector opening comes along, American hop out of public service for it. Anecdotal, but American also seem willing to quit the academy for private sector easily while there's a certain pride in Canada and Britain about being poor as poo poo and producing 6 papers a year, just to say you've done it.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 16:53 on Apr 19, 2024

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

i think it's because every institution everywhere is completely captured by wealth and power and thus has had its functions redirected to serve wealth and power in the short-term. our political parties, the media, academia, everything. anyone who wants to stave off the climate collapse or even the collapse of western dominance by actually running a state or economy with some competence has to fight through these forces at every single level. thus even the motivated and successful few that get in a position to attempt this are stymied and victimized, and everyone else is the collaborator and grifter and profiteer that you laid out.

yeah this is known as "capitalism"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Zodium posted:

we are capitalists and landowners here in cspam

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I feel like a number of politicians are just doing what they think they're supposed to do. It doesn't matter how many people die or that Netanyahu makes them look like fools or if they lose their elections, the only important thing is doing what they're supposed to do.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al! posted:

we are capitalists and landowners here in cspam

i'm getting that bag

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Zodium posted:

well yeah thats why ive been a communist for like the past 15 years or so. although i should say, capitalist USA used to be a lot more functional, but i guess it's just following the natural course spiraling down the drain and is reaching terminal velocity, stripping away anything that might get in the way of more profit like regulations or agencies or labor law, just eating away at everything and making it hollow.

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 21:06 on Apr 19, 2024

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Shageletic posted:

my "not like a nazi" shirt have alot of people asking questions?!?!

im not a nazi they were fake bullshit. im the real deal

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

everyone loves mr bean lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzAgGWSm_gU

I love Balochis and Pathans so much it's unreal.

America never had anything like the ICS, or the culture to produce ICS men and District Officers. Why would you ever do something like that when you could go into finance instead? Every time I meet a new product manager for General Motors Defence they said they used to be at State or used to be at DoD, and it seems clear that as soon as a private sector opening comes along, American hop out of public service for it. Anecdotal, but American also seem willing to quit the academy for private sector easily while there's a certain pride in Canada and Britain about being poor as poo poo and producing 6 papers a year, just to say you've done it.

uhhh as a kid i watched mr bean on tv in pakistan in the 90s, wtf are you talking about lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol