Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This is playing before every YouTube video for me today

I thought the "There never was a Palestine" :smuggo: thing was passe. Why bring it back now?

it's less about the argument and more an attempt to frame the protestors as "oh they don't know what they want" or whatever, like occupy back in the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

this is an incredibly cursed title

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Red Baron posted:

people saw Dune one time and immediately think they understand the Middle East

I read the book as a teen and I've been on a butter jihad ever since

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

alarumklok posted:

this is an incredibly cursed title

I missed the whole episode so it's just bothering me. it's not even a properly formed idea

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

AnEdgelord posted:

Yeah got them mixed up, I hate that era of European war naming conventions because it's really easy to mix up the name.

Especially since the thirty years war was a second theater of the eighty years war

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://x.com/deitaone/status/1784268676226552298?s=46&t=wFLEtw1rYscWWbs5yY6yJA

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

mdemone posted:

I missed the whole episode so it's just bothering me. it's not even a properly formed idea

when the hasbarans send this thread their posters, theyre not sending their best.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

sure they will

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

they don't have all the hostages. they never did. many were killed and plowed under by IDF.

What do they want "Hamas" to do?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

"We promise not to do the thing we've been chomping at the bit to do as long as you give us all your leverage first, pinky swear."

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Red Baron posted:

people saw Dune one time and immediately think they understand the Middle East

the funny part is the new dune movies did their best to erase most of the arab/islamic references from the book.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Senior Israeli official: Israel has not agreed to end war and withdraw from Strip
After Channel 12 reported that the terms Israel agreed to — and which are being conveyed to Hamas — would include a second stage that would examine an end to the war in exchange for the release of additional hostages beyond the initial 33, a senior Israeli official says that “Israel did not agree to an end of the war, to a withdrawal from the Strip, or other demands that Hamas presented.”

mdemone posted:

they don't have all the hostages. they never did. many were killed and plowed under by IDF.

What do they want "Hamas" to do?

they want Hamas to surrender unconditionally and release hostages so they can stop pretending they care at all and continue their genocide

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
lol that they don’t even say they won’t do it, they just say they’ll wait until later

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Mister Bates posted:

lol that they don’t even say they won’t do it, they just say they’ll wait until later

"Give up any and all leverage you have for us to defer killing your rear end 'til later - bing bong, so simple!"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Israel is surrendering massively in the latest round of negotiations, at least that's what aljazeera is reporting.

===

‎Israeli officials: Israel makes new concessions on exchange deal‎

‎Israeli officials said the new Egyptian proposal includes significant concessions by Israel, including an "implicit willingness" to discuss an end to the war, the full return of displaced people to their homes, and the army's withdrawal from the Netzarim corridor.‎

‎Tel Aviv proposes Hamas release of 33 prisoners in exchange for security prisoners‎

‎Israel's Channel 14 said Tel Aviv had proposed that Hamas release 33 resistance prisoners in exchange for hundreds of Palestinian security prisoners.‎

‎Smotrich and Ben Gvir threaten to withdraw from the Israeli government‎

‎Israel's Kan TV reported that ministers Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben-Gvir are threatening to withdraw from the government if Rafah is not invaded.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6488761

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
https://www.timesofisrael.com/no-doubt-netanyahu-preventing-hostage-deal-charges-ex-spokesman-of-families-forum/

quote:

We left the meeting very disappointed because Netanyahu talked about dismantling Hamas as the goal of the war. He didn’t promise anything regarding the demand to return the hostages. He merely said a military operation in Gaza was needed to serve as leverage for the hostages’ release.

“We later found out that Hamas had offered on October 9 or 10 to release all the civilian hostages in exchange for the IDF not entering the Strip, but the government rejected the offer.

Netyanahu could have had all the hostages back on day 1 but was more interested in genocide than getting them back. Times Of Israel article puts him in a terrible light. As a man more interested in his own political survival than recovering the hostages or ending bloodshed. Palestinian civilians and the Israeli hostages are blood sacrifices he offers up to keep his coalition together.

Marenghi has issued a correction as of 19:57 on Apr 27, 2024

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
this is gonna be the tenth time israel lies and they’ve already been amassing troops for rafah

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Israel is surrendering massively in the latest round of negotiations, at least that's what aljazeera is reporting.

===

‎Israeli officials: Israel makes new concessions on exchange deal‎

‎Israeli officials said the new Egyptian proposal includes significant concessions by Israel, including an "implicit willingness" to discuss an end to the war, the full return of displaced people to their homes, and the army's withdrawal from the Netzarim corridor.‎

‎Tel Aviv proposes Hamas release of 33 prisoners in exchange for security prisoners‎

‎Israel's Channel 14 said Tel Aviv had proposed that Hamas release 33 resistance prisoners in exchange for hundreds of Palestinian security prisoners.‎

‎Smotrich and Ben Gvir threaten to withdraw from the Israeli government‎

‎Israel's Kan TV reported that ministers Bezalel Smotrich and Itamar Ben-Gvir are threatening to withdraw from the government if Rafah is not invaded.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...?update=6488761

this is just israel claiming they made concessions

like always ill wait for Hamas

Senior Hamas official says low chance latest Israeli truce proposal will be accepted

A senior Hamas official tells the pro-Hezbollah Lebanese al-Mayadeen news station that the terror group sees a low chance of accepting a recent Israeli offer for a hostage release deal without “fundamental amendments.”

“The Israeli proposal that was presented does not reflect a fundamental change in the Israeli position. It does not give clear answers to the issue of the withdrawal [from Gaza] and a full ceasefire,” the official says, without providing details on the proposa

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

this is just israel claiming they made concessions

like always ill wait for Hamas

Senior Hamas official says low chance latest Israeli truce proposal will be accepted

A senior Hamas official tells the pro-Hezbollah Lebanese al-Mayadeen news station that the terror group sees a low chance of accepting a recent Israeli offer for a hostage release deal without “fundamental amendments.”

“The Israeli proposal that was presented does not reflect a fundamental change in the Israeli position. It does not give clear answers to the issue of the withdrawal [from Gaza] and a full ceasefire,” the official says, without providing details on the proposa

hmmm makes sense, seems like as usual israel was talking out of their rear end.

however, the key take away seems like it's Hamas who seems to be in the much stronger position in the negotiations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Crying "We made massive concessions and they still won't bargain in good faith with us!!!" to the media when you've actually made no concessions is like the oldest imperialist/capitalist negotiation trick in the book.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

mdemone posted:

but, the jihads, you know, the famous ones, the ones we all immediately know of, just like the crusades, those jihads

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
imo Hamas should not negotiate with terrorists

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

hmmm makes sense, seems like as usual israel was talking out of their rear end.

however, the key take away seems like it's Hamas who seems to be in the much stronger position in the negotiations.

they have been yeah for awhile now

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Sydin posted:

Crying "We made massive concessions and they still won't bargain in good faith with us!!!" to the media when you've actually made no concessions is like the oldest imperialist/capitalist negotiation trick in the book.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

the funny part is the new dune movies did their best to erase most of the arab/islamic references from the book.

explain how.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Sydin posted:

Israel has never made a case for why they should be trusted or how they’d act differently if they get what they want.

It does no good for there to be a prisoner swap if Israel returns to behind the walls around Gaza and periodically arrests people in barbaric dragnets.

Tankbuster posted:

explain how.

I was going to say, if anything the Yemeni attire and architecture seemed more prominent.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Red Baron posted:

but, the jihads, you know, the famous ones, the ones we all immediately know of, just like the crusades, those jihads

it's like a very early AI model was trying to learn about world history and just did not understand the concept of time

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tankbuster posted:

explain how.

"long live the fighters" instead of martyrs, for one

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tankbuster posted:

explain how.

they did change the language. fighters, martyrs, they also did not use the word jihad. I mean he's pretty much right about the text, but the subtext is VERY MUCH ARABIC

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

mdemone posted:

it's like a very early AI model was trying to learn about world history and just did not understand the concept of time

I’m thinking maybe mechanics from Crusader Kings where Jihad and Crusade are the same thing and the title depends on your leader’s religion?

Long live the martyrs (by definition: dead) requires too much engagement with metaphysics for contemporary American audiences imo

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I’m thinking maybe mechanics from Crusader Kings where Jihad and Crusade are the same thing and the title depends on your leader’s religion?

:hmmyes:

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The Arab world has kept “the blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church” alive in a way that even the country that died to go to Appebee’s can’t understand.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Israel has never made a case for why they should be trusted or how they’d act differently if they get what they want.

It does no good for there to be a prisoner swap if Israel returns to behind the walls around Gaza and periodically arrests people in barbaric dragnets.

I wouldn't even trust them to return to the Oct 7 status quo at this point. They just want the hostages off the board so they can go full tilt into the genocide without having to risk taking heat from the Israeli public for killing even more hostages in their indiscriminate bloodlust.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sydin posted:

I wouldn't even trust them to return to the Oct 7 status quo at this point. They just want the hostages off the board so they can go full tilt into the genocide without having to risk taking heat from the Israeli public for killing even more hostages in their indiscriminate bloodlust.

the hostages are off the board. I don't think Hamas has anyone at all.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
do americans even understand what martyrs are?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Tankbuster posted:

we have seen many, but understood none

edit: we are the grieving city, we are the eternal sadness, we are the lost people. Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch’intrate’.

mdemone has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Apr 27, 2024

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

"long live the fighters" instead of martyrs, for one

YA HYA CHOUHADA: “Long live the fighters!”

It's been fighters the whole time.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Tankbuster posted:

Who was that one life to give for my country guy? Samual Adams’ Sierra Nevada Pale Ale?

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

mdemone posted:

the hostages are off the board. I don't think Hamas has anyone at all.

What makes you think that? Just today Hamas released another video of hostages speaking. Many of them have died, sure, but not all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

there's not gonna be a hostage deal as long as netanyahu is in israeli politics