Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sancho Banana posted:

What makes you think that? Just today Hamas released another video of hostages speaking. Many of them have died, sure, but not all of them.

okay I will fully admit I'm keeping a bird's eye view on this (for my own sanity) and I didn't know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Tankbuster posted:

do americans even understand what martyrs are?

They die and that's bad. You should kill any would be martyr, before they can set a bad example by dying.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

HallelujahLee posted:

let them cook

sometimes you do the slow cook. sometimes a quick sear. but you always got to let them cook.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
The "long live the fighters" line is actually from the book but on the other hand one of the historical crimes the Fremen recite in some of their ceremonies is how they "were denied the hajj" and how their ancestors originated from "al-Ourrouba" so the islamic influences have definately been downplayed from the book, though I think less so than people think

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Bel Shazar posted:

YA HYA CHOUHADA: “Long live the fighters!”

It's been fighters the whole time.

chouhada is the french transliteration of the algerian شهداء/shuhadā which means martyr - it's from the algerian separatists during the revolution

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Butter Activities posted:

I’m just still floored there’s an MCU superhero named after an actual mass slaughter perpetrated by the side they’re supposed to represent as a good guy. I should not have opened my phone before getting out of bed

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

thank u President of Israel Joe Biden

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mods change my name to Super Shlumper please

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lmao super shlumper.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Falafel Man lmao

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

what incentive does hamas really have for surrender? say they do lay down arms.... is israel going to leave them be or will they round them up for execution or prisons? surrender just results in permanent and increasingly repressive apartheid and abuse at the hands of israel for the survivors in gaza

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

AnEdgelord posted:

The "long live the fighters" line is actually from the book but on the other hand one of the historical crimes the Fremen recite in some of their ceremonies is how they "were denied the hajj" and how their ancestors originated from "al-Ourrouba" so the islamic influences have definately been downplayed from the book, though I think less so than people think

yeah the subtext in the movie is not exactly "sub"

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
drat just can't figure out why my superheroes Super Shlumper and Falafel man aren't taking iff

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Owlbear Camus posted:

doggun please draw your suggestion for a new and more agreeable ansarallah flag and post it itt

dog gun draw the flag

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Spoondick posted:

what incentive does hamas really have for surrender? say they do lay down arms.... is israel going to leave them be or will they round them up for execution or prisons? surrender just results in permanent and increasingly repressive apartheid and abuse at the hands of israel for the survivors in gaza

Yes, exactly, which is why it’s obscene.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Spoondick posted:

Israel is largely constrained by its own domestic politics so it can't really offer anything else, and everyone knows if it offered anything more lenient it would be a lie.

Jen heir rick
Aug 4, 2004
when a woman says something's not funny, you better not laugh your ass off

AnEdgelord posted:

yeah, I don't know how you can read the fremen other than "space muslims". I mean for one thing, they're not all white like in david lynches dune. I can understand why they didn't use Jihad because of the negative connotations. But they're clearly muslim.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Bel Shazar posted:

YA HYA CHOUHADA: “Long live the fighters!”

It's been fighters the whole time.

Ya Haya Shuhada (I’m not using French transcription) means long live the Matyrs

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Spoondick posted:

whether they surrender or not (and they shouldn’t) the outcome given Israel has the upper hand will be the same: they (and all other people in Gaza) will be killed.

everyone knows this and so it is insane to ask that of them, but that is the point.

the only time, if ever, they should come to the negotiating table with Israel is when they have an unequivocal high ground from which to dictate terms. there is no language other than absolute dominance that the oppressor will understand or even possibly to which they will answer. (they won’t, this is going to the wire and there could be no other outcome.)

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Tankbuster posted:

lmao super shlumper.

Godlessdonut posted:

Falafel Man lmao

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I would read a falafel man comic

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Falafel man could solve world hunger but doesn't

Dta dti

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Spoondick posted:

what incentive does hamas really have for surrender?

No incentive. Israel's approach to the negotiations only make sense under the assumption that an Israeli military and political victory is guaranteed and that all or most of the hostages will be alive by the end of it even without a deal. Over here in reality, Hamas is not being destroyed and has no reason to accept Israel's awful offers.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Netanyahu obviously loves genocidin’ but the stumbling block to any long term deal is that israeli society will not accept the continued existence of a Palestinian population in Gaza. they want Gaza FLATTENED and either reduced to an unlivable wasteland or fully settled by Israelis. any deal in which the people of Gaza continue to live there is completely unacceptable for the israeli public.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

AnEdgelord posted:

It wouldn’t be a good look for Muslims when messiah comes out and the space Muslims slaughter 60 billion people, plus Buddha-Islam or whatever and Herberts orientalist view of Islam view is offensive to me as a Muslim, so Im glad he changed it

PawParole has issued a correction as of 21:47 on Apr 27, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I haven't made falafel in ages. Perhaps the Time's Come

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

It goes back to Israeli entitlement. They want their triumph and capitulation of Vercingetorix, it’s not about the hostages, other than the domestic trouble they cause in Israel.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

DogGunn posted:

Ahh yes, the Middle East was a bastion of peace and prosperity before Israel.

Nah, just come back to see what's going on.

Too bad they do gently caress all for their own people. They ain't humanitarians at all.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

free paul soccer

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lord of Pie posted:

free paul soccer

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Lord of Pie posted:

free paul soccer

he should be freed, and given an apology and an admin star

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Tankbuster posted:

lmao super shlumper.

Godlessdonut posted:

Falafel Man lmao

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Zodium posted:

seems fair

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Zodium posted:

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

Zodium posted:

not sure what he did wrong, this seems only fair

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Zodium posted:

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

AnEdgelord posted:

it's long live the fighters in the Lynch 1984 Dune too

Despite the white fremen (Big Ed as Stilgar is cool tho) and how it's a poor adaptation of the book I still have a soft spot for it.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Zodium posted:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

FuzzySlippers posted:

it's long live the fighters in the Lynch 1984 Dune too

Despite the white fremen (Big Ed as Stilgar is cool tho) and how it's a poor adaptation of the book I still have a soft spot for it.

all the stuff lynch made up loosely inspired by the book was the best part about the movie, the weird architecture, the guild navigator, the heart plugs and the baron's surgeons. kinda like how the stuff mossad makes up loosely inspired by reality are the best parts about zionist propaganda

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

The Voice of Labor posted:

all the stuff lynch made up loosely inspired by the book was the best part about the movie, the weird architecture, the guild navigator, the heart plugs and the baron's surgeons. kinda like how the stuff mossad makes up loosely inspired by reality are the best parts about zionist propaganda

Zionists will insist they’re the fremen when really they could not help but be more Harkonnen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

https://twitter.com/HeathaT/status/1784322985207230562