Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/nour_odeh/status/1785304236512698608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Well that sucks I don’t know what more loving evidence we need at this point

At the very least there’s going to be some incredible meltdowns by German officials when the case progresses even if it has no teeth

The last time the families of the survivors of the Namibian genocide asked for an apology the ambassador or foreign minister apparently broke down into a public crying rage fit for them daring to think they were like the Jews

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

dttrbio

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A really common trauma dressing is called an “Israeli bandage” and the last time I was teaching a class I kinda first time thought about that whole Israeli part and wondered about it and guess what designed manufactured distributed and first used in the USA lol

Germany and Israel share a time honored tradition of having the most overhyped military that only wins doing surprise attacks and loses any protracted conflict but still racist nerds love jacking off to them

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
At least German guns were cool enough to use in Star Wars; I hear Tavors are kinda poo poo.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Ditto Israeli stretchers.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
most of the star wars weapons were sterlings with stuff grafted on top.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

stav and adam did the fusion dance

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 47 minutes!

jesus christ

4d3d3d
Mar 17, 2017
Did that guy lock or did he block me from some other offense?

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

I don’t think that is Him

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

HermitSupplier posted:

jesus loving christ dti dta

edit: also

This is also exactly what the US Marines did in Fallujah

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

pretty significant legal loss for Germany (not getting the case thrown out) . they will have to defend Israel in a public court now. which won’t go well

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Butter Activities posted:

A really common trauma dressing is called an “Israeli bandage” and the last time I was teaching a class I kinda first time thought about that whole Israeli part and wondered about it and guess what designed manufactured distributed and first used in the USA lol

Germany and Israel share a time honored tradition of having the most overhyped military that only wins doing surprise attacks and loses any protracted conflict but still racist nerds love jacking off to them

If Wikipedia is to be believed it was invented by an Israeli guy but the description makes it sound like it should be called the “capitalism bandage”

quote:

In 1990–1991, the idea and the design were developed enough to apply for Israeli Government support from the Office of the Chief Scientist in the Ministry of Industry. The application allowed Bar-Natan to become a part of a technology incubator program in Jerusalem's Har Hotzvim, with a government grant covering 3/4 of the expenses connected to the research and development of the bandage.[1] After three additional years of development the bandage was ready for commercialization.[1] However, Bar-Natan formed First Care Products Ltd and supervised the design and production of the bandage.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

HallelujahLee posted:

I know it’s a joke system but how do they square possible genocide by Israel in their own words then justify a country sending bombs and weapons to said country potentially committing genocide

The US never met a far right dictator or genocide it didn’t like

Leandros
Dec 14, 2008

Hooplah posted:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

very rude but also lol

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I wouldn’t worry too much, I’m sure the ICJ will start to issue arrest notices once it sees photos of the Israeli cabinet members in blackface

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Not shaving eyebrows until genocide complete is some powerful centrism.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

keep punching joe posted:

Not shaving eyebrows until genocide complete is some powerful centrism.

its like a baseball superstition

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Okay with still shaving his chin, tho

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Vomik posted:

If Wikipedia is to be believed it was invented by an Israeli guy but the description makes it sound like it should be called the “capitalism bandage”

Maybe that was a rebrand, because the US army was already issuing them before they were called that to troops in the balkans at that time. Classic Israeli move lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

gently caress lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Hooplah posted:

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Hooplah posted:

lmao

Spacegrass
May 1, 2013

skooma512 posted:

The US never met a far right dictator or genocide it didn’t like

That gets me worried. If Trump wins things are probably going to be bloodier. Forgive me if this has been discussed. Which it probably has.

I'm so lonely.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Spacegrass posted:

That gets me worried. If Trump wins things are probably going to be bloodier. Forgive me if this has been discussed. Which it probably has.

I'm so lonely.

burger bitch

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Spacegrass posted:

I'm so lonely.

you need never be lonely ever again:-

https://www.warhammer.com/

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Apr 30, 2024

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Hooplah posted:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vomik posted:

I remember reading that gauze comes from Gaza

Found something close to it

quote:

So who do we have to thank for this wonderful and miraculous invention? Well, the fabric’s name itself can tell you; the English word “gauze” originally comes from the name of a city famous for its skilled silk-weavers. It comes from the Arabic word “Ghazza” (“غَزَّةَ”) which in English we pronounce as “Gaza”.

Yep, according to Encyclopaedia Britannica, “gauze” is named after “Gaza”, the city that invented it centuries ago and in doing so saved countless lives all across the world.

Amazing

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The history of Gaza, as an economically and culturally significant city in the Levant in late antiquity, has been obscured for the simple reason that a lot of the Zionist narrative hinges on there being no such thing as Palestine or no history, essentially after the expulsion of the Jews after the Bar Kokhba Revolt.

it’s not just the textiles trade, although gauze does originate from that city, it applies to
all sorts of major trade goods in the eastern Mediterranean produced there or connecting to the Silk Road there, and also Gaza’s centrality as a major intellectual and religious centre as well.

Auschwitz may have been some nothing village in the middle of Poland, but when you consider that one of the most culturally significant cities in the region is being used as an open air concentration camp, the enormity of the injustice being perpetuated, I think would be a lot more shocking to people. Imagine Taranto or Syracuse being a walled off, destroyed ghetto, or something.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 17:51 on Apr 30, 2024

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm curious, how does the erasure of actual history square with the lazy "They've been fighting for thousands of years and we should leave them to it" narrative I hear exclusively from Americans? Like does the Israeli lobby try to encourage or shape that attitude? They'd rather have fervent support, but apathy helps them at least as much, in my view.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

I'm curious, how does the erasure of actual history square with the lazy "They've been fighting for thousands of years and we should leave them to it" narrative I hear exclusively from Americans? Like does the Israeli lobby try to encourage or shape that attitude? They'd rather have fervent support, but apathy helps them at least as much, in my view.

the idea is that for 1000 years the descendants of the hebrews have been valiantly defending their land and righteous values against the unwashed mongrel hordes of muslims and their insidious jihad

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

From World Union of Jewish Students - Hasbara Handbook: Defending Israel on Campus

Accusation: The creation of a Jewish state displaced the original inhabitants, the Palestinian Arabs.

Rebuttal: Before the Jews came to Palestine it was under-populated and neglected. The Jews cultivated and built the land. They did not displace the local population at this time, nor attempt to do so. All Jewish land was bought and paid for. Most of it was sold by the absentee landlords who owned and neglected it.
The 1947 UN Partition plan, supported by the Jewish leadership, called for the creation of two states side-by-side: one Jewish, one Arab. This would have allowed the two populations to live on the land without displacing one another. The Arab leadership were the ones who rejected the Partition Plan, both diplomatically, and by launching an attack on Israel in 1948. Even then, Israel's Declaration of Independence guaranteed "complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex". Those Arabs who stayed and did not flee in 1948 were made citizens and allowed to stay in their homes. They were not displaced.

Accusation: The Arabs of Palestine were the innocent victims of the guilty conscience of the world following the Holocaust.

Rebuttal: The Balfour declaration, which promised a Jewish State in the Land of Israel, was made in 1917, long before the Holocaust happened. The Jewish right to a state in the Land of Israel was not based on the Holocaust. The Zionist movement began in the 1880s. The Holocaust probably increased the urgency for a resolution of the situation but the end of the Second World War saw a general rejection of Imperialism and Empire in favour of national self-determination. In 1948, the same year that Israel was established, India received Independence.

The Palestinian Arabs were not innocent victims. Many supported Hitler and Germany during World War II. The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, a major leader, publicly supported Hitler and allied himself with him. Other Arab countries were slow to join the war against Hitler. Only Transjordan joined with Britain in 1939; the rest just waited to see what would happen, not declaring war on Germany until 1945, after it was clear that Germany had already lost. By contrast, 30,000 Palestinian Jews joined the British Army to fight against the Axis powers.

Finally the world did not merely create a Jewish state on Arab land. It offered both peoples in Israel independence in two separate states, as defined in the Partition Plan. Had they accepted this plan the Palestinian Arabs, who had always been ruled by outside forces, would at last have had their own homeland too.

Accusation: There is no Jewish historical link to the land of Israel. The Jews are just 20th century intruders in the land.

Rebuttal: The Land of Israel is the historical birthplace of the Jewish people. Through 2000 years of exile the link was preserved through the habit of praying in the direction of the Temple in Jerusalem, and reciting the statement "Next year in Jerusalem" at the end of Yom Kippur, the end of the Pesach seder, and at all celebrations. For two thousand years Jews left corners of their homes unfinished and broke a glass at a wedding ceremony as an expression of loss and a desire to return and rebuild Israel. Throughout that time there were Jews living in the Land of Israel, mainly in Jerusalem, Safed, Hebron and Tiberias. In 1856, before the Zionist movement even began, the Jewish population of Palestine was over 17,000.

Christianity and the Koran acknowledge the link between Israel and the Jews. Archaeological evidence and secular writings from the Roman and Assyrian empires all confirm this relationship.

In 1947 the UN voted to allow the creation of the State of Israel on part of the land held at that time under British mandate.
All of the other states in the area were, and remain, under Arab rule.
Israel is different to the other states in the area in particular because it is more westernised politically and culturally.
At first the countries surrounding refused to recognise her existence. This changed in 1979 when Israel signed a formal peace treaty with Egypt, and then in 1994 when she signed one with Jordan. However many Arab countries maintain their position of non-recognition.

Accusation: Israel doesn’t belong in the Middle East. All she does is bring instability to the region.

Rebuttal: Israel belongs in the Middle East because for almost 2000 years of exile from the Land of Israel, the Jews never forgot their link with the region, and regularly talked of return to Israel. The desire to return was built into Jewish ritual life in prayers said at Pesach and Yom Kippur, in the direction of prayer, and the smashing of a glass at Jewish weddings. There have been Jews living in Israel continuously for over 2000 years, and Jews who were able to emigrated to Israel throughout the Middle Ages and early modern period. When the nascent Zionist movement was offered a homeland for the Jews in Africa by the British, the offer was rejected because there was no authentic link to the land that was offered.

When enemies of Israel say that the Jews don’t belong in the Middle East, one needs to ask the question where do they think the Jews do belong? How could the Jews have been given a state, like other nations, anywhere but Israel?

There is plenty of instability in the Middle East that isn’t connected to Israel. The Iran-Iraq War, the internal violence in Egypt between secularists and Islamists, the Iranian revolution, and the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait are just a few examples. The Middle East is an unstable region as a result of deep religious division, the legacy of imperialism, and brutal regimes that fail to share a huge oil wealth with the masses. Israel is used as an excuse and a diversion by regimes that do not want to face up to their own difficulties.

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

Halloween Jack posted:

This is how cognitive dissonance works. Not every piece of propaganda or bribe is trying to recruit people to the IDF. Most of it is same sidesy "Every young nation did this", think of your history. That's a pretty easy sell to a country running around with helicopters named after all the people we eliminated from their homelands.

You aren't gonna convince this person that Rome, Greece, King Arthur, Mozart, et al can be compared with the east. You could spend a week and they'd just pivot infinitely through the romantic genocidal novels that pose as history. Your facts are going in an incinerator, cause no matter how many of them you present, they don't quite fit their narrative framework.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

the average american thinks that the only pre-WWII historical events you need to give a poo poo about were America's revolutionary and civil wars. saying "they've been fighting for thousands of years" sweeps it into the same cognitive dustbin as all the other "World History" trivia in the first chapter of their HS textbooks that their teacher skipped over. the histories of east asia, the middle east & precolonial south america share a worksheet between them; Charlemagne gets a quiz; the Articles of the Confederation get a whole unit.

Zodar has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Apr 30, 2024

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Weirdly us schools do spend time on rome but that's just because the Founding Fathers directly cited the Roman Republic as an inspiration and because the Romans appear in the Bible.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The history of Gaza, as an economically and culturally significant city in the Levant in late antiquity, has been obscured for the simple reason that a lot of the Zionist narrative hinges on there being no such thing as Palestine or no history, essentially after the expulsion of the Jews after the Bar Kokhba Revolt.

it’s not just the textiles trade, although gauze does originate from that city, it applies to
all sorts of major trade goods in the eastern Mediterranean produced there or connecting to the Silk Road there, and also Gaza’s centrality as a major intellectual and religious centre as well.

Auschwitz may have been some nothing village in the middle of Poland, but when you consider that one of the most culturally significant cities in the region is being used as an open air concentration camp, the enormity of the injustice being perpetuated, I think would be a lot more shocking to people. Imagine Taranto or Syracuse being a walled off, destroyed ghetto, or something.

The historical loss alone is staggering