Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
East Germany and Eastern Europeans thought when they got rid of communism they'd have banana year-round and Western advertised brands AND all their state benefits like housing and education.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

CheetoVonTito posted:

With all these bleak news. It’s these little wins that remind me how our efforts, really are working.

https://x.com/qudsnen/status/1780900321943855333?s=46
i find the carefully censored QR code (?) in this suspicious

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

CheetoVonTito posted:

With all these bleak news. It’s these little wins that remind me how our efforts, really are working.

https://x.com/qudsnen/status/1780900321943855333?s=46

A clever ad campaign. I dont think I've ever even heard of Maldives before, now I want to have my next vacation there, looks cozy

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
aljazeera breaking news that Hamas Announces they've Sniped an israel soldier in Beit Hanoun, the town israel closest to the northern border of gaza that israel said they controlled from day 2 of the ground invasion.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

aljazeera breaking news that Hamas Announces they've Sniped an israel soldier in Beit Hanoun, the town israel closest to the northern border of gaza that israel said they controlled from day 2 of the ground invasion.

:synpa:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

crepeface posted:

East Germany and Eastern Europeans thought when they got rid of communism they'd have banana year-round and Western advertised brands AND all their state benefits like housing and education.

Points to a severe lack of quality of said education to be fair.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

we do not deserve to be forgiven when our time comes

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

The Alchemist posted:

A clever ad campaign. I dont think I've ever even heard of Maldives before, now I want to have my next vacation there, looks cozy

it's the number one destination for the world's billionaires and is the most expensive place on earth

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Chillgamesh posted:

Joe is going to campaign on "Preventing a major, disastrous war between Israel and Iran" lol
When some aid proposed green lighting the Rafah bombardment in exchange for holding back against Iran, old Genocide Joe probably jolted awake. Avoiding a regional war and more suffering and death for over a million Palestinians? Everybody wins!

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Bro Dad posted:

it's the number one destination for the world's billionaires and is the most expensive place on earth

Ooof, never mind then. And somehow I doubt that this israel ban is going to affect billionaires(nothing affects them)

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

it's also been stated that an israeli attack on rafah would be incredibly destabilizing in egypt especially and egypt would either have to attack israel or put down massive riots

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Chillgamesh posted:

Joe is going to campaign on "Preventing a major, disastrous war between Israel and Iran" lol

Israel will probably try to start a war with Iran again before the risk of Joe being voted out though because he's the most permissive president towards Israeli genocide the US has had, certainly in recent history.

It depends on if theyr sane enough to make that kind of calculation or if they've all bought their own bullshit that he's an antisemite who hates Israel because he won't rhetorically support them as full throatedly as they wish

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Spoondick posted:

it's also been stated that an israeli attack on rafah would be incredibly destabilizing in egypt especially and egypt would either have to attack israel or put down massive riots

They will only ever do the latter op

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Spoondick posted:

Nah egypt will just kill palestinians and arrest/torture any egyptian who protests.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

The Alchemist posted:

What is this a reference to?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

lol

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

go for the genocide you know instead of the regional war you don't

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
por que no los dos

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Paul soccer thought is spreading

DJJIB-DJDCT are codes for the port of Djibouti and Doraleh respectively

Weka has issued a correction as of 12:34 on Apr 18, 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

the Arab regimes just participated in a major air operation to protect Israel.

Beyond Jordan, has the participation of any other Arab state been confirmed?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did he just connect Zionism to Galicia ??

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Weka posted:

everyone knows that every arab government under american influence is de-facto allies of israel and will help them overtly or covertly.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

couldn't even get a proper cavendish, had to settle for a weird looking green one like chunky kong

argus tuft
Oct 7, 2007
Frankly, sir, we in the Police Force are just plain baffled
dti

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

uh oh. Maariv just published details of the Iranian Strike and let slip that the reason why Israels so spooked is because the iranians succeeded in Knocking on the door of the Dimona Nuclear facility. and that not only did the americans do most of the defending the interception rate was at most optimistically 84%.

=====

Satellite images show at least one direct hit at one of the nuclear reactor buildings at Dimona in the Negev, and two injuries to its vicinity, the newspaper added.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%A7%D8%B9%D9%84

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 13:15 on Apr 18, 2024

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

uh oh. Maariv just published details of the Iranian Strike and let slip that the reason why Israels so spooked is because the iranians succeeded in Knocking on the door of the Dimona Nuclear facility. and that not only did the americans do most of the defending the interception rate was at most optimistically 84%.

=====

Satellite images show at least one direct hit at one of the nuclear reactor buildings at Dimona in the Negev, and two injuries to its vicinity, the newspaper added.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...31593;&%231604;

yeah but with modern grade inflation 84% is basically 99%

Blaisedell
May 7, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

i’m sure one of the architects for the iraq war and the literal provincial governor in iraq will have good opinions

it’s an aside but i remember how the bbc kept saying how good it is that the british armed forces are controlling basra, thanks to our experience in doing a great job in northern ireland….

lol the british army were telling the americans this too

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v43/n13/tom-stevenson/the-most-corrupt-idea-of-modern-times

quote:

Having overcome Basra’s flimsy defences, the army had to administer an occupied city. The British and American forces seemed to see the resistance they faced as inexplicable, nihilistic violence. The looting and burning of Basra Central Library in the first days of the occupation came to stand as a symbol of the disorder the invaders had unleashed. British officers told the Americans that they knew what they were doing thanks to their exploits in Northern Ireland. Yet they failed either to pre-empt or recognise the emerging Shia resistance. The British army proved incapable of securing the city, and not for lack of trying. In September 2003 British forces arrested a group of men, including the hotel receptionist Baha Mousa, and took them to battalion headquarters. There, Akam writes, ‘Mousa died of his injuries’ – one way to describe torturing a prisoner to death. Mousa was hooded and suffered 93 distinct injuries. Here were the skills acquired in Northern Ireland. The army was warned by its lawyers to prevent the abuse of prisoners, but Akam reports that the divisional commander, General Peter Wall, refused to give this order to the forces under his command. He was later promoted to chief of the general staff.

British behaviour in Basra inspired widespread hatred. Officers deceived themselves by talking of their good works, such as repainting schools (which their own forces had damaged). But the occupation forces never achieved the minimum objective of rebuilding Iraq’s domestic security services. The number of British soldiers killed began to rise. Local militias soon had a freer hand than the occupiers. By 2005, IED attacks were common. In 2006 the British made a push to re-establish their authority, but their own soldiers couldn’t move around safely. Akam describes an institution in a state of constant insecurity about its reputation with the Americans, but the US military had long since become disillusioned with British claims to expertise. American generals produced their own counterinsurgency manuals, with the aim of building up Sunni tribes against the Shia militias in classic colonial mode – the ramifications are evident today. They ramped up troop levels with the so-called surge, an option that wasn’t available to the British. By early 2007, the forces in Basra were holed up in a garrison under constant shelling. When Blair left office in June that year, the British army was releasing prisoners to the city militias in exchange for temporary cessations of attacks on its positions. Akam describes all this well, but gives little sense of what any of it was like for Iraqis.

It took about eight weeks to remove British military equipment from central Basra, but the soldiers withdrew from the city in a single night like criminals leaving a burgled house. Their departure had been negotiated in advance with the Shia militias. British forces exercised so little control over the city by September 2007 that to leave without such an arrangement would have been very difficult. The midnight convoy was subjected to just one IED attack, which given the circumstances was counted a success. Basra was left to the militias. Having invaded Iraq’s second city and occupied it for four years, British soldiers ended up sitting in an out-of-town airport while militiamen took pot shots at them with rockets. In the spring of 2008, American forces had to move south to support reconstituted Iraqi army divisions in retaking Basra. The British force was gone from Iraq within a year. In military circles this episode is seen as a total humiliation. Akam calls the Basra debacle ‘the nadir of the post 9/11 wars’, but there is also a sense in which it was a fitting end.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Weka posted:

Qatar does host like two US air bases that participated in the operation and then there's this (it's from AEI, which took it from somewhere else. the dude is a "Jeanne Kirkpatrick" fellow which is abominable, lol):

Arab-Israeli normalization is currently on ice, but Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States still passed along intelligence to the United States about the looming attack. With Washington acting as an intermediary, the Gulf States also shared radar-tracking data that allowed for the engagement of targets over Syria, Iraq, and Jordan, the latter of which opened its air space to Israeli combat aircraft. As McKenzie notes, this regional coordination “…validates years of work to create an integrated air and missile defense, an effort that brought together many nations that all recognize the threat of Iran.”

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al-Saqr posted:

=====

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%A7%D8%B9%D9%84

I've been trying to find this on maariv, so far I found the source for the 84% claim, but nothing about hitting dimona.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Israelis have been absolutely seething about this footage of Palestinians on Gaza's Beach since yesterday. Ever since January or so, whenever footage comes out of Palestinians just living their lives in some capacity instead of cowering in fear all the ghouls tweet indignantly about "how DARE they exist on the beach while our hostages aren't back, blah blah WE HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING HARDER IMMEDIATELY ENDSIEG"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1780586563270754423?t=b_ORZm-lm6w2TFi0FRwWzQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/HochmanGuy/status/1780903907981660473?t=7fWLyyVRaHHpqFtuH2ZQRw&s=19

Hollow, venomous people

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

The British armed forces have been a complete embarrassment for the entire 21st century, a fact that most British people remain blissfully unaware of, due to the press and politicians never publicly mentioning it.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

weird they kept the israeli flag

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I've been trying to find this on maariv, so far I found the source for the 84% claim, but nothing about hitting dimona.

It's not on their main website (I haven't seen it anyway) but one of Maariv's journalists tweeted about a possible hit in Dimona based on some satellite footsge

https://twitter.com/orfialkov/status/1779849462367604825?t=QwTmf3vTUJ5rDM1BPkV5NA&s=19

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sancho Banana posted:

Israelis have been absolutely seething about this footage of Palestinians on Gaza's Beach since yesterday. Ever since January or so, whenever footage comes out of Palestinians just living their lives in some capacity instead of cowering in fear all the ghouls tweet indignantly about "how DARE they exist on the beach while our hostages aren't back, blah blah WE HAVE TO KEEP FIGHTING HARDER IMMEDIATELY ENDSIEG"

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1780586563270754423?t=b_ORZm-lm6w2TFi0FRwWzQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/HochmanGuy/status/1780903907981660473?t=7fWLyyVRaHHpqFtuH2ZQRw&s=19

Hollow, venomous people

what do the captions say?

also lol stay mad nazis.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Al-Saqr posted:

also lol stay mad nazis.

gaza beach 4 months ago
gaza beach yesterday

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Al-Saqr posted:

also lol stay mad nazis.

First tweet says: "despite the war: the beach in Deir-Al-Balah in the center of the strip is fill of Gazans"

Second tweet says :"they sold us that we won so we thought we won. A Historic miss" the image says "Gaza 4 months ago, Gaza yesterday". The guy tweeting is the fascist "comedian" in the picture who got to film himself on gaza's Beach back then.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Pistol_Pete posted:

The British armed forces have been a complete embarrassment for the entire 21st century, a fact that most British people remain blissfully unaware of, due to the press and politicians never publicly mentioning it.

It breaks your heart.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I think they couldn't do it before this past weekend, the world's patience with them had run out, but by sparking a confrontation with Iran, they got enough diplomatic cover to go ahead with Rafah?

It seems like Israel keeps getting what they want through making the situation worse. It's like disaster capitalism as statecraft.

Very insightful.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Alchemist posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

No comment on this, horrifying.

=====

‎The unknown fate of a thousand people who were in Al-Shifa complex‎

‎The state media in Gaza reported that rescue crews recovered 30 martyrs who were buried in two cemeteries in front of the emergency and kidney departments in Al-Shifa Complex, and explained that the occupation army deliberately hid the bodies, buried them deep in sand and threw waste on them.‎

‎He confirmed the discovery of the bodies of women, the elderly and the wounded, some of whom were handcuffed and stripped naked.‎

‎State media said the fate of about a thousand medical staff and journalists who were at the Shifa complex was still unknown.‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%A7%D8%B7%D9%82