Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

speng31b posted:

the thing about not accepting the war ending is they can just say they're willing to do anything else even if they aren't because it doesn't matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Spergin Morlock posted:

gently caress off

lol what

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

dont tell me to go to 4chan

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

TeenageArchipelago posted:

( a major non-NATO ally including Australia, Egypt, Israel, Japan, Argentina, the Republic of Korea, and New Zealand).
Sorry big Israel, you're on your own.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
no fighting in the unironic genocide thread

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Spergin Morlock posted:

Falafel Man's secret identity is Bill O'Reilly

lol

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

dont tell me to go to 4chan

no you see these very obviously white people aren’t white because <tails off into definition of whiteness that about 4 academics and a small group of tumblr users accept>

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dokapon Findom posted:

Free Paulestine

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

"white" is a fake category with arbitrary, socially determined boundaries that have changed over time and without any regard for consistency and caring too much about those boundaries is a bad sign

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

paul_soccer 12 we remember

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
The world kitchen will renew its activity in Gaza starting tomorrow

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1784592004195704952?t=D4o7Z-8bPvqN8zq2HjE78A&s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hailthefish posted:

"white" is a fake category with arbitrary, socially determined boundaries that have changed over time and without any regard for consistency and caring too much about those boundaries is a bad sign

the us is of course running in the opposite direction from this common sense, giving white litigants millions of dollars today in nyc who said they were passed over for promotions by city agencies due to 'toxic whiteness'
the reverse racism cash in is on

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol @ any of this discussion and the Balkins.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Worldnews_Media/status/1784593334943748580

Now Abbas opens his yap after hundreds of thousands have been murdered.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Abbas is such a loser goddamn lol.

Hated by his own people for being a collaborator

Hated by the Israelis because hes a "terrorist"

Hated by the West and Gulf for being weak and incompetent

w00tles
Feb 8, 2006

exmarx posted:

Nissan Zeevi, 40, has spent the past six months working as a first responder in Kfar Giladi, a kibbutz that grows apples and avocados. His wife and two young boys are living near the Sea of Galilee and are yet to come home; it’s just him, bulldog Joy, and his M16 rifle, keeping an eye on the Lebanese villages and Hezbollah outposts clearly visible from the garden, just a few kilometres away.

This psycho settler mentality of willingly putting yourself in harm's way is so mystifying to me. He was happy to move to a place where it's only a matter of time before the next missile strike by Hezbollah hits, and he needs a loving rifle. Other settlers go live in fortresses surrounded by people who hate them, where they need guns and the constant presence of the military to feel safe-ish.

How about you go live somewhere that is safe for you and your family, and just have a normal, quiet and peaceful life? I seriously do not get how so many settlers are insane enough to prefer the first option.

w00tles has issued a correction as of 15:59 on Apr 28, 2024

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

w00tles posted:

This psycho settler mentality of willingly putting yourself in harm's way is so mystifying to me. He was happy to move to a place where it's only a matter of time until the next missile strike by Hezbollah, and he needs a loving rifle. Other settlers go live in fortresses surrounded by people who hate them, where they need guns and the constant presence of the military to feel safe-ish.

How about you go live somewhere that is safe for you and your family, and just have a normal, quiet and peaceful life? I seriously do not get how so many settlers are insane enough to prefer the first option.

Dude? You want him to move somewhere else? WHERE? Israel is the safest place in the world for Jews, theres nowhere else to go!!

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Living a safe and peaceful life doesn't carry the option of killing people you don't like, though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Sancho Banana posted:

The world kitchen will renew its activity in Gaza starting tomorrow

https://twitter.com/N12News/status/1784592004195704952?t=D4o7Z-8bPvqN8zq2HjE78A&s=19

lol is that the current state of the "Humanitarian Pier"?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
aljazeera publishes scenes of pro-palestine supporters hounding the propagandists who are going to the correspondents dinner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnKJkT4GkvU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

w00tles posted:

This psycho settler mentality of willingly putting yourself in harm's way is so mystifying to me. He was happy to move to a place where it's only a matter of time before the next missile strike by Hezbollah hits, and he needs a loving rifle. Other settlers go live in fortresses surrounded by people who hate them, where they need guns and the constant presence of the military to feel safe-ish.

They're motivated by ideology and the larger settler movement. It's all very dumb and a very stupid thing to die for but it doesn't make it very surprising that some of them have worked it up in their heads that they need to take their whole family to be guards on the wall as it were.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Taeke posted:

Living a safe and peaceful life doesn't carry the option of killing people you don't like, though.

Struggle is not a part of life, rather, life is lived for struggle

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

hmmm you could say it's sort of 'My Struggle'?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

w00tles posted:

If there's a single constant throughout history, it's being a settler in any context, even if you somehow started out with absolutely pure intentions no matter how deluded they were, without fail produces the worst people in the world. The dregs of humanity, every single time, zero exceptions

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

we shouldn't begrudge the settlers a little living space

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Al-Saqr posted:

hmmm you could say it's sort of 'My Struggle'?

it's from Eco's essay on ur fascism

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
sorry about ur fascism

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Taeke posted:

it's this, the fantasy isn't about having a safe place to live, the fantasy is living in an armed camp of an ethnostate under constant siege, the "wild west", the "frontier", and therefore being constantly surrounded by the totems of violence and secure in your right to employ violence against the outsiders whenever you wish.

StashAugustine posted:

it's this, it's just fascism! the state of israel and specifically the settler community (and also their US allies lol) continually act in ways to exacerbate the violence rather than find a peaceful solution to it because living under siege and therefore in a permanent state of struggle against the Other is the whole point! It's half of why weird righties in the US loving love israel, they loving LOVE the idea, or at least the aesthetic, of living in a perpetual struggle against the muslim horde or w/e

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Wikipedia has a page on the killing. Note that the chaos in the data from the early war is now gone, and the slope of the line is gone. Israel's targeting of civilian administrative infrastructure is doing exactly what it was intended to

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Israel%E2%80%93Hamas_war

Dta, dti

Keeper Garrett
May 4, 2006

Running messages and picking pockets since 1998.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p34Oe36xoBc

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Spergin Morlock posted:

Falafel Man's secret identity is Bill O'Reilly

Goddamn that's an ancient callback

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas will be sending an envoy tomorrow to cairo to deliver their response to the latest round of negotiations

===

‎Media reported that a delegation from the Islamic Resistance Movement (‎‎Hamas‎‎) will arrive on Monday in the Egyptian capital, Cairo, to deliver its response on a new truce in the ‎‎Gaza Strip‎‎, while the Israeli Foreign Ministry expressed its readiness to postpone the invasion of Rafah if an agreement is reached on the exchange of prisoners.‎

‎Anadolu Agency quoted al-Qahira news channel as saying that a Hamas delegation headed by Khalil al-Haya would arrive in Cairo to deliver the group's response to the Gaza truce proposal.‎

‎A Palestinian source, who declined to be named, also confirmed the news to Anadolu Agency.‎

‎On Saturday, Hamas announced in a statement that it had received Israel's official response to the movement's position on the prisoner exchange deal and the ceasefire, which it handed over to the mediators Egypt and Qatar on April 13, noting that if it was completed, it would deliver its response (to the mediators).‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/2024...%87%D8%B1%D8%A9

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

the unclassifiable picts and welsh

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Taeke posted:

or a "free" house

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Wikipedia has a page on the killing. Note that the chaos in the data from the early war is now gone, and the slope of the line is gone. Israel's targeting of civilian administrative infrastructure is doing exactly what it was intended to

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Israel%E2%80%93Hamas_war

Dta, dti

Shot my shot in the talk section, if nobody whines about it by the time I wake up I'll 'shop the chart and see if anyone edits it back.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Saxons are "white" but also the descendants of "swarthy".

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/shaykhsulaiman/status/1784394350333718850?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

DTA = Death to Albion