Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
A 'friend' of mine shared this article today:

The Truth About Serving In Gaza From An Israeli Soldier

What are your thoughts on this? It seems like more of the same; a laughably flimsy exercise in apologetics with some shots at Breaking the Silence and other progressive organizations. But I do wonder how to approach its framing of the combat engineers' actions clearing Gazan civilians from buildings, "almost all" of which "had mortars or other weapons inside." This is another talking point you hear a lot from people who try to justify bombing civilians; from my seat of the pants understanding it seems to make sense that with massive population density and limited military infrastructure you're going to see a few mortars and other hardware sitting around in civilian buildings... but that's not really much of a rebuttal.

Not like this tripe warrants more than a laugh react, anyway - I've got half a mind to post that Angry Flower comic and move on. The 'friend' who posted this joined the IDF voluntarily, participated in OP: Cast Lead, then moved on to become 'head of security' at a diamond mine in Vietnam. I'm pretty sure he's a sociopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
classic

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

IM posted some really tone-deaf "we stand with Israel" thing on their social media, complete with use of "the Motherland." From what I saw in the comments they got torn up over it, and I think they may have deleted the post. I used to be a huuuuge fan of their stuff and as far as I can remember they never got so explicitly political, but I always suspected they were chuds.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

So proud of my city for this. It was wild, I think the estimated crowd size was 10k. Some JDL dipshits showed up and were chased away most ricky-fuckin'-tick. I saw some guys waving Irish and Palestinian flags side-by-side. There were tons of people all across downtown waving flags and hanging out of their car sunroofs, singing and honking - I've literally never seen anything like it.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I thought Israelis loved India. Isn't it a pretty common thing for them to vacation in Goa after their military service ends, where they pretend to be hippies for a few months?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
3:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKC21wDarBo

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Can anyone explain to me the rationale Israel defenders have for calling the BDS movement anti-semitic? I'm not trying to sealion here, I know it's not, but for a while now the bizarre notion has been stuck in my head, since a former friend made the claim in a ranting DM after I shared some protest photos. Needless to say that friendship ended; she was the worst kind of zionist - the kind who thinks they're a moderate, while simultaneously attempting to discredit everything that doesn't sing Israel's praises and asserting that I "can never really understand" the 'conflict' because I'm not Jewish. :jerkbag:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Vasukhani posted:

how am I supposed to boycott boko haram?

don't buy Wolf Cola

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I may have posted about it ITT already, but on Saturday at Toronto's rally for Palestine there was a violent confrontation between demonstrators and members of the JDL. Of course the first video footage to emerge in the media showed 'pro-Palestine individuals mercilessly beating an elderly man' and the media and politicians ran with that narrative. Doug Ford, the fat criminal sack of poo poo Ontario Premier, John Tory, a spineless amoeba elected Mayor of Toronto, and Justin Trudeau, Canada's pretty-boy neoliberal Prime Minister, all publicly denounced the incident as anti-semitic.

And then the rest of the footage of the incident came out, showing pretty clearly that the JDL were the aggressors in the confrontation (as they usually are). The elderly man who got beaten down can clearly be seen attacking people with both a bat and a knife.

In a surprising move (surprising to me at least), the CBC issued a follow-up article clarifying the above, that indeed the JDL terrorists may have started poo poo. The headline and article are still some passive-voice poo poo but I guess that's as good as it gets with the CBC right now.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

If you mean the JDL, they're a Jewish paramilitary group that goes back decades and was formed to help American and Canadian Jews fight Nazi gangs. Of course, the only thing stopping them from being Nazis was the fact they're Jewish, and they could get away with brutalizing antisemites because they sucked up to the cops. They also attacked leftists who didn't support Israel enough, and eventually as the Nazi gangs waned in power they started surveilling "antisemites" for the anti-defamation league and Israel.

Not sure if intentional but you left out that they are literally recognized as a terrorist organization by the FBI among others. One of their leaders moved here to Canada where he got buddy-buddy with the Conservative party. Their members are well-known among activists, but for some strange reason they do violence with impunity.

One of their most vocal members in Ontario, this punk bitch named Jordan, is maybe the most hilariously obvious plant I've ever seen at a protest. I've seen him before at other rallies and he always sticks out like a sore thumb. here's a pic of him unmasked (lol at the batting helmet and 'infidel' vest though) at a rally last year, being protected by
|the cops as he spewed Islamophobic garbage.

Al-Saqr posted:

VAUSH HIT 250 THOUSAND DOLLARS

Came here to post this. At the risk of derailing I'm curious what the problem is with Vaush, but any way you cut it this was incredible to see. When I was gaming, the idea of gamers as any sort of force for good was laughable. Now we've got the Intifada Gaming Network, and streamers playing GoldenEye to raise a loving quarter of a million dollars for Palestine aid. Pakman refused to endorse Vaush's stream too, lmao, saying something about the PCRF being tied to terrorists.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Can someone share the Wonder Woman gif where she throws the rocket at the Palestinian kids again please?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Judakel posted:

anyoen have the clip of the jdl thugs that went out to pick a fighting with pro palestine protestors and people were trying to pass it off as jews being assaulted by a mob

You might be thinking of what happened in Toronto last weekend.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Ice Phisherman posted:

Rhodesia was supported in its recruitment drives primarily by (lol) Soldier of Fortune magazine.

Whoa for real? I admit I've never even looked through an issue of SoF - what, were there literally ads in the back pages like how you'd send away for x-ray specs or Charles Atlas' fitness program?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2021/05/23/hamilton-rabbi-charged-after-israeli-consulate-in-toronto-vandalized/

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

PawParole posted:

New type of person just dropped

Pnurtis Solomon

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

mcmagic posted:

This is great but they probably killed that kid.

Yeah, it reminds me of that funny video of the IDF soldiers losing a fight with a tire rolling down a hill and getting all embarrassed and pointing their rifles at people laughing.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
*tourism to that particular beach increases as settlers and far-right American expats flock to it to take selfies with the graves because we live in hellworld*

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rutibex posted:

in the mind of the Jewish people

Probably not the best choice of words.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's crazy to think her longest running impact in the cultural zeitgeist is being alluded to by the Animatrix.

Eh, i think that's a bit of a stretch.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
what the gently caress?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

i say swears online posted:

tbf the real greater israel doesn't look that attractive on jewelry

lmao good luck with that, israel

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Who's Eve Barlow?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Echo Chamber posted:

stop deadnaming fartlow

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/allushiii_new/status/1518529888449400838

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
guys idk, it sounds like the IDF might not be so moral after all

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Ned Price really Looks Like His Name.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
lmao at pulling sperm out of your dead balls

this also happened

quote:

Israeli strike kills three soldiers in Syria, Syrian state media says

July 22 (Reuters) - An Israeli missile attack on Friday near Damascus killed three soldiers and wounded seven more, Syrian state media reported, in what a war monitor said was the 17th Israeli attack on Syrian territory this year.

The Israeli military said it does not comment on foreign reports.

Israel has been carrying out strikes for years against what it has described as Iranian and Iran-backed targets in Syria, where Tehran has deployed forces in support of President Bashar al-Assad since the Syrian war began in 2011.

Citing a military source, Syria's SANA news agency said Israel "carried out an aerial aggression" at 00:32 a.m., (2132 GMT Thursday), firing missiles from the Golan Heights targeting "a number of positions in the vicinity of Damascus".

Syrian air defences managed to shoot down some of the missiles, SANA added.

The attack also caused material damage, SANA reported, without providing further details.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Israeli missiles had been fired at targets including air force intelligence offices in the area of Mezze air base on the western edge of Damascus.

An Iranian weapons store in the area of Sayyida Zeinab - a shrine on the southern outskirts of Damascus - was also destroyed, said the Observatory, which reports on the war using what it describes as a network of sources on all sides.

Reuters could not independently verify the SANA or Observatory reports.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
How the gently caress is the BDS movement antisemitic??? I think I've heard this accusation before, from a former friend who was 'totally not a zionist' but would say stuff like "we need more context" about unarmed protestors being shot in the back. It doesn't make any sense... it's just a movement. All I'm doing is Not Buying A SodaStream. What's racist about that? Aren't there laws in the States criminalizing boycotts of Israel? How the gently caress do you even enforce that, make everyone buy a tub of Sabra hummus every week?

Were the Boers crying about racism when the international community started ostracizing them?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Real hurthling! posted:

they named her the hummus? is it comarketing?

I had to look this up because I always thought it was kind of gross that the hummus company used the name of a refugee camp massacre in Lebanon. As I suspected, there's not a lot of delineation between Arabic and Hebrew words like this and it's just a word for a type of fruit-bearing cactus - or, more broadly, it just kind of means 'fruit'.

Of course, the first article from Times Of Israel says this:

quote:

Sabra, in Hebrew “tsabar,” is the local term for the fruit of the cactus (commonly known as a prickly pear). It has long been a term for Israeli-born Jews.

Which, IDK, depending on how you read it, could be a form of erasure. I think it's a stretch though.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
holy poo poo, that actually rules

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

christmas boots posted:

look he got some of the details wrong but his heart is in the right place

Hulk impatient and insecure, Hulk also have some heteronormative and colonialist privileges Hulk need to recognize, Hulk working on himself

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
What were they doing, forging passports? Or was it something more sinister like funding terror groups?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Oh drat lol, yeah that's capital punishment territory. Wonder who's gonna get them out of it!

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
what's the deal with those hindutva guys anyway, aside from fascism?

in light of some recent lovely elections here in Ontario, i looked up the voter turnout in Israel to see if there's a similar apathy issue and lmao they had like record numbers

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I mean, cool username/post combo but I don't think many people doubt that the Israeli military have plenty of strength on their own. Sure, without support from the west they'd implode but that faucet is never turning off, and they've done plenty on their own to punctuate that whole 'never again' thing with 'or so help me god I'll kill us all'.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yeah, ending the western support is a big deal, which is why everyone is terrified of BDS... But haven't the Israeli leadership plainly said that if they're facing an existential threat, that they'll basically just nuke everyone? Or is that whole 'Samson Doctrine' or whatever a load of bullshit? They certainly gamed the system, in that the whole world knows they have nukes but they don't have to submit to inspections. Cowards.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
they could cry to the US (and probably KSA) for support, or maybe just nuke everybody

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
CBC is reporting the victim of one of the bombings in Jerusalem is a 16-year old Canadian boy. So prepare for loads of dickriding and morally bankrupt statements of allyship from our idiot politicians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
In which a 90-year old IDF veteran recalls murdering unarmed, surrendering people at Tantura.

He's laughing about it. We all just let the Israelis hunt down escaped nazis for similar crimes, did we not? Why can't we throw this geezer in jail?